Icky Sticky OG Nicky‘s Grow Quest

Howdy guys, first time so I hope Im doing this right!

Figured I would start a log now that I have finally got some beans wet after a longer than planned hiatus due to moving! Ive been growing for a few years now so still quite the noob in most aspects but Ive had good people guiding me so far and hope to meet many more cohorts here on OG.

Germinating 3/26:
13x TKM10 x Faceoff OG Bx2 - Gandaya
15x Off Road Diesel (summertime saddness x agha red) - Red Scare Seed Co
4x Blackberry Spacewreck - Snowhigh
3x Flu Shot (cough x G13 haze) - Relic
4x Mango HP - Bodhi
5x Purple Lush - Bodhi
5x Pine Tar Kush IBL - CSI
3x Mendo Purps x Blackberry Widow F3 - CSI
6x Oilspill #13 x Romulan F2 - Blackbird
6x TKNL5 Haze x Great Dalas Old School Skunk - AK Bean Brains

As of 3/28:
15/15 Off Road Diesel
5/5 Purple Lush
3/5 Pine Tar Kush
6/6 TKNL5 Haze x GDOSS

Got a 4x5 tent full a cuts of Northern Lights, Trop Cookie, Forbidden Fruit, Cough and Rainbow Belts that we are waiting to hopefully get some roots. First time taking cuts myself so its a trial and error process. Ill snag some pics of those in the morning. Gonna get crowded in the little space quick so most of these are just little samples while i get the operation prepared for larger hunts.

Also first time holding on to moms so any pointers for managing that is welcome. Got them in a separate 5x5 mostly happy for now. Have some bigger NL and trop cookies in a lil 5x10 greenhouse where all my extras i dont cull will end up living out their lives.

(ignore the messy moms i let em go wild during the moving process)

19 Likes

I’m just going to sit over here and watch. I have some of that pine tar kush and mendo purps cross from csi so I’m interested in seeing how they do.

1 Like

Hoping to get at least 1 female of each the smaller lots I got wet. I have a bunch more of the PTK to hunt thru later, this is just my little taster batch. I love piney bud so I couldnt resist poppin a few of them.

3 Likes

Quite the roster you have here. That Blackberry Spacewreck sounds ridiculously good.

4 Likes

Yes lol I was a ghost and didnt participate much the first 2 years I was on here lol, I havent had a working camera in a while so i didnt have pics to post… though that was just my excuse for bein lazy hahahaha

1 Like

Had the last 2/5 pop tails on the Pine Tar Kush, 4/4 on the Mango Hashplant. Oilspill x Romulan started showin tails so they will be ready to get in cubes tomorrow. Still waiting on the TKM10 x Faceoff Bx2, Flu Shot, Mendo Purps x Blackberry Widow and Blackberry Spacewreck.

First round of cuts I took were larger, some may have been a but too woody. I didnt know what I was doing soo ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

Heres are the larger Forbidden Fruit and smaller Cough cuts in the dome. The Cough and Forbidden Fruit moms are the happiest lookin atm.

Larger Northern Lights cuts, some looking a little droopy, will likely take more small cuts of the NL to see if they do better.

Lastly the Trop Cookie and Rainbow Belts, these moms were craving more than I was giving and looking a little sad, getting that figured out still. Cuts look a little sad so we shall see if any root. Will try and get the nutes sorted out and take some healthier cuts next round.

My uncle recommended taking smaller cuts to root so I started doing that when I took the cough cuts. Anyone have more luck with smaller/medium/larger cuts themself? Ive never cloned before Ive always been straight from seed so its all a bit new for me.

9 Likes

Looking good @icky_sticky_og_nicky !
You’re like Babe Ruth’s gay brother: Gabe Ruth.
:rofl::bear::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Lol :joy: Thanks for join me on the adventure friend !

Germination was largely a success, 10/13 on the TKM10 x Faceoff Bx and 100% on all the rest. I think 61/64 is a pretty nice number.

Will be gettin these into some solos soon enough and goin onward and upward from here :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

Took new cuts of the Trop cookies, NL, Forbidden fruit and Cough since some of the bigger cuts i took were gettin sad looking. Got one or two of each of those older cuts actually rooting up tho so I kept a few of those around to see if they can pick it back up after transplant.

Looks like my Greenhouse girls are starting to flower but we shall see if/how that continues with all the weird weather we been havin out in Cali.

Ill get some more pics come transplant day for the seedlings and as soon as roots start showin on the new cuts.

Thanks all who join me on the journey, this is just the beginning of a long ride! :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

:purple_heart: Icky

2 Likes

Decided to start moving towards a more organic based grow this round so we started brewing a tea for the moms; EWC, alfalfa meal, bat guano, molassas and fish shit. Lettin that cook up while the seedlings and clones get going.

I am new to cloning myself, do you guys find giving clones nutes right away is necesary? I soaked the rockwool in plain pHed distilled water and sprayed with that but some of the bigger clones look a little sad. I always love seeing the roots coming in, plants are amazing! :seedling:

My big girls in the Greenhouse are starting to flower, got 2 NL and one Trop cookie in there. Some taco leaves showin up so I will need to get these girls a tea brewed up to give em a boost as they transition.

Will be getting the seedlings into solo cups this coming week, as they are strechin up a bit too much. Letting survival of the fittest trim down the number of seedlings since I only have so much room to grow em!

Hope everyone enjoys their sunday :call_me_hand:

:seedling:Icky

4 Likes

seedlings got moved up into solo cups, bout half of them made it this far along in the process. not the greatest survival rate but i only got room for so many to finish and its a dog eat dog world.

moms are lookin much happier after gettin some nice tea as opposed to bottle nutes… dont think ill ever be goin back!

the NL outdoors have some funky leaf mutations like these goin on.

heres our friendly neighborhood spiderman defending the tent…

been a busy week and i ate some fungi before bed so its just a wee lil update and pics :mushroom::seedling:

:purple_heart: Icky

4 Likes

Shrooms before bed? I’d be up all night.

I’ve only cloned once before so am by no means an expert, but I’m definitely going to switch to smaller cuts as shown in this thread.

Everything’s looking great :+1:t3: That spider looks like it’s been eating good lol.

2 Likes

Gonna have to give that a lil read before i take my next round of cuts, I was using rockwool and dont think i had pHed them right so i have not been having the best luck so far.

As long as i dont take too much at night I can still sleep like a baby :joy::joy:

Little update on the tents. Added my buddies sour diesel Bx and blue magoo to the mom tents. moved the rainbow belts mom to the greenhouse to flower out, was givin me to many problems and tent was crowded so she got the boot.

Fresh cuts have been taken, round 3 so hopefully these have some winners lol. Got a few sad lookin clones from the 1st round that im surprised are still around but they are starting to pick back up now… we shall see how they continue ¯_(ツ)_/¯

This is the only survivor from round 2, cut from the flowering Trop cookie mom… thought she was a goner till i lifter her up and saw these down below!!

NL and Trop Cookie girls in the greenhouse are flowering nice, need to up the nutes more but we are starting to dial in brewin up teas for them. and they are loving the organic nutes.

Time to rip a hash hole and get some sleep…

4 Likes

Happy lookin trop cookie and NL girls in the Greenhouse! 🥹 Fixed my nute issue for the most part still makin lil adjustments to the teas to really give em what they want! Got some clover and alfalfa cover crops sprouting about the pots.

Rainbow belts is looking happier sort of but has yet to start really flowering since shes been a bit stressed. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Moved the Oreoz and Gelato in to the GH as well to start flower, along with two smaller trop cookie and forbidden fruit cuts that are lookin nice and happy.

Here we got the survivors of the seed pop. Hopefully I end up with at least a girl of each! We shall see🤞

Started some autos to throw in the GH as well; LSD, Chem D, Amnesia Haze and Tangie. Never messed with autos before but figured I could use em to add a lil diversity to the harvest.

Moms had some bugs show up but a healthy bath in spinosad cleaned those up good. Not sure what exactly it was I should have got pics but I freaked out and went straight to clean and decontaminate mode lol

:v:Icky :seedling:

4 Likes

My third round of clones I started in rapid rooters under a dome in my veg tent. Had the most success with this round and got them moved into solo cups once they had some roots on em. Got them in clear solos inside of red solos so I can watch the roots go :seedling:

One NL and one Sour Diesel showing some the first signs of roots in the solos and im ecstatic! I have 4 Sour D cuts, 3 NL and 3 Cough cuts from this round… the cough cuts are looking sad as hell except for the one im holding out hope for… as long as i have some sour for this round ill be happy.

Slowly figuring out this cloning thing…. i still like seeds more but that may change as I figure this stuff out more. Ive had some a these moms almost a whole year now which i should prob cycle out for fresh cut once i get that process dialed in.

3 Likes

Took some closer ups of the ladies in the GH

NL:

Trop Cookie:

6 Likes

man they are getting frost as can be

1 Like

Trop cookies just got chopped Sunday. Frosty as hell, real greasy bastard.

Here are the NL gettin closer to finished, still chunking up nicely. :heart_eyes:

Have some Tangie, Amnesia Haze, Chem D and LSD autos started in the GH as well. First time running autos so who knows how they will go for me.

Medium Oreoz and Gelato cuts have started flowering as well as the smaller Trop Cookies, Rainbow Belts and Forbidden Fruit.

Ill have to get more pics of all those for yall soon.

Had some catastrophy in the mom tent with my cough starting to die on me out of nowhere. seemed like some internal stem rot. So i had to clone the fuck out of the health plant and investigate further. hopefully the clones and other backups I had stay strong lol.

2 Likes

2x NL got chopped the other week and I have been hard at work trimming.
image image

Another Trop Cookie and the Forbidden Fruit moved to the GH to flower. Now there is also a Sour D Bx and another NL in there with them, but havent grabbed any pics since they got moved out.
image image

Heres some of the smaller ladies from seed that got moved out to the GH as well, I will get individual pics of them as the males get pulled out, so far only 4 of those so far.

Here is a very NLD male Mango Hashplant and a roughed up Mendo Purps x Blackberry Widow male.
image image

Also got an Originak Diesel mama now that we just took some fresh cuts of.

I will likely pick one of the males to pollinate some cuts of a few females, no real selections being done just want to see if I can grow some seeds to term and get good germination. Figured it wont hurt to get some experience doing it and may end up with some fun stuff to actually hunt.

3 Likes