Identify the mushroom

Any idea what these mushrooms are?

2 Likes

Nope, but I dont see any blue bruising like most hallucinogenic shrooms seem to show.

2 Likes

remember two things…

Every mushroom is edible…once.

There are old mushroom foragers and there are bold mushroom foragers but there are no old and bold foragers.

Only consume a mushroom if you’re 100% positive in its identity. It may not be possible to do it only visually. you may need to take spore prints etc,

10 Likes

I think it’s Conocybe cyanopus but they can be confused with a deadly mushroom :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yes, some sort of conocybe, some are technically edible, some are completely unpalatable.

2 Likes

at first before I picked them I thought they were Psilocybe Cyanescens (wavey caps) but when home and dry they no longer have the shiny film and don’t have any colours in the stem

3 Likes

Also, speaking of the stem bluing, that is a typical sign of cubensis, however, many species bruise different colors including blue, that aren’t active… red boletes come to mind… those red capped, yellow sponge gilled underside… they bruise blue when their tissues break and starts to oxidize…

6 Likes

Good point! Safest way to ID is to always confirm with a spore print. P Cyanescens prints Purple-brown to purple-gray or purple-black. I’m waiting for the rains and temp drop here so I can go hunting :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thankyou for the advice but I think I’m going to stick to picking liberty’s :roll_eyes::rofl::ok_hand:

5 Likes

Yep stick with the easily recognizable ones, better than a day in hospital getting your stomach pumped out, if you’re lucky to get away with just that, after using a really toxic strain.

2 Likes

I noticed the woodland animals love these ones:

But nobody is ballsy enough to mess with these ones:

Unrelated, get a load of these ones

2 Likes

They are pretty god damn awesome to look at though aren’t they I absolutely love looking for fungi. Edible or not! :ok_hand::green_heart:

2 Likes

That is some wise words right there! :pray::v:

3 Likes

100% the only way to be positive about identity. Don’t eat mushrooms you cannot positively identify.

3 Likes