Magic Mushrooms with Weedstruck

Welcome. Fall is upon us! I’ve been picking my own as well as guinea pigging for people for at least 18 years.
Species I have picked on Vancouver Island include

I’ve already found some Psilocybin mushrooms on the north end of Vancouver Island. I haven’t identified them yet, they are smaller than Liberty Caps and were growing from dead grass blades on the side of the road. But it’s definitely a good one.

I’ll post more later

23 Likes

damn! :mushroom:s like that blue-ringer pic & others have shown up here… i’m terrified of mis-IDing them but super-curious about the differnet ones i see in y yard. brought in a lot of horse-stall shavings, manure under an oak tree…

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

The descriptions are above the pics, I suck lol sorry guys. Those ones @cannabissequoia are liberty caps

Also these ones will fuck you up like LSD

12 Likes

Just turned autumn here too. Went out and found some libs last night. Not had mushies for about 6 years. Due a mental health factory reset though so why not :sunglasses: also found some fly agarics but not for me. I always leave them where they are. Gonna go back out over the next few days with my basket and get some dried

14 Likes

That’s cos of the psilocyn not psilocybin in the amanita muscaria (fly agarics) Think it’s 4 hydroxy DMT?

5 Likes

My friend found these the other day. Any ideas? She thought they looked cool.

5 Likes

They do look cool. Nothing that I would touch. I would ID those, depends on where u found them, spore prints, colors, gills etc… But yea if you don’t know then don’t touch them at all.

8 Likes

They look like fly agarics but yea, spore prints would tell us right away.

3 Likes

I second what @Weedstruck said. If you can’t positively ID don’t eat them. If I can’t ID them I don’t even pick them. If you go hunting too. Make sure you flick before you pinch and pick. Keep em coming back year after year then :wink:

7 Likes

These look like fly agarics and no doubt are part of the amanita family. Not all amanita are safe though so I steer clear.

Been on the lookout for some P fimetaria too

9 Likes

Some agarics will stop your liver real fast

4 Likes

Heres a close-up of Psilocybe Pelliculosa, beige gills and some bluing near the base. Found in high altitude cut blocks, usually in shaded sides of mountains

That year was a bumper crop, I picked 3 oz of liberties and 4 pounds of pellies. Lol and nobody wanted pellies cause they weren’t as strong as liberties…dude eat more? Lol but yea I filled two 5 gallon buckets in one day.

11 Likes

back in the day I thought those little brown ones from out west were the best. Always wanted to try to grow them. Did grow some of the blue stems but never really successful as ended up with mold before getting a second or third flush.
Haven’t tried any for a while and see lots of shrooms popping around home but because I can’t identify them I just leave them. Need a guinea :pig: to test them first :joy:

4 Likes

Take some pictures

5 Likes

It’s the muscamol in the muscaria that causes deleriant trips, not psychedelic ones lol

The difference between the giggle’s and standing outside naked on a hail storm screaming at your house for keeping secrets from the windows hahah

8 Likes

And this my friend is why I stay away from them. My knowledge isn’t good enough to chance it. It’s Mexicanas that are high in psilocyn not muscaria. My bad

4 Likes

Lol it’s all good… There’s a good law and order episode about some amateur mycologist using muscaria to kill people

Lots seems the same… Lots look the same… Every mushroom is edible…at least once

6 Likes

I salute our predecessors who found out for us. Some the hard way. I’m pretty confident in my lib picking abilities. There’s a few like P fimetaria if I saw and thought I recognized I’d bring home and check spore prints. Get the national geographic microscope out :joy:

I’ll have a look for that law and order episode

3 Likes

Lol it’s SVU episode name “Wet”

5 Likes

Off topic but that’s the one where they’re hidden in the sofa safe right?

3 Likes