Identifying gender from seed thread

You definitely have your work cut out for you then. I too like the golf ball looking nugs. More rounded than cone like.

1 Like

I don’t have the time nor the patience, let alone the space to look through 20+ strains. I guess I’m more of a “one track mind” kinda guy.

There wasn’t really any hunting, just here let’s fill up a room and get a shit ton of seeds from it haha now I’ve got a bunch of seeds stock for throw grow and forget about plants that half should be cdlc expressions and the other half the mothers they came out of

Have to agree with the 50/50. I planted 60 seeds after triple checking with microscope. I was meticulouse. In 6 different plots with 4 different caretakers. First I did the roundness roll knocking a third off , then very picky on the volcano and crater. I had gotten seeds from a friend who had gotten 30% hermies and noticed that some of them seeds had a crater on the volcano’s wall. I checked for other hermie crops and found more craters. This had me trhinking the male/female sorting was true too. Nope just luck I hit 60%

3 Likes

I have never tried this method of sexing seeds but I will on a very few seeds just to pique my curiosity. As others have said, some people are better at noticing certain details. I believe the better growers are simply more aware generally. Some people pick up on patterns and trends that others do not. It is probably the same as with Astrology or Tarot cards. The cards mean nothing. The “interpretation” is important. 🥸