Identifying gender from seed thread

I’m using a macro lens jerk! :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

oh damn, it was a compliment, b! i’m a climber and i actually appreciate people who have fat fingers. it generally means they do a lot with their hands. i wish i had fatter fingers. lol

1 Like

Hahaha! Hands of a mechanic bro! :wink: I’m to outta shape to climb though hiking kicks my ass these days too haha

that’s what i’m saying! working hands, mad respect from me! i can appreciate that a lot more than secretary hands or women who have those new styled crazy filed nails and whatnot. i mean, let people do what makes them happy, but that isn’t for me.

i hear you on the outta shape part. my lungs been taking a big hit these last few years from my daily smoke and i haven’t been doing any sort of cardio, biking, hiking, or walking to help it out.

LOL, every time I see a pic up close of my fingers they look fat too. Camera adds a few pounds :wink:

3 Likes

Mrs Foreigner got a manicure today and tried to make me go (she always does, manicure, haircut, massage, pedicure) but I always refuse.

I don’t like to be touched by weirdos.

And my fingers are huge like German sausages :rofl:

3 Likes

I love it. Great selection.

1 Like

Thanks man! Still working at it, only half way there

Were they from bag seed?

Was what???

You mentioned a seed run, then bag seed in the post.

Lol u must’ve got lost somewhere in the posts ,I did two separate grows of 32 plants 1 each per cultivar it was from all sorts of sources

1 Like

Something for machine learning.

Hi-Res photo’s of every seed at multiple angles, grow the seed, input sex into the program.

Let the program find patterns.

The accuracy should be pretty high after 10.000 seeds and will only go up.

The male seeds can be ground into powder and added to the soil as topdressing.

Zero loss. In fact it would improve the soil.

Where’s the Elon Musk of OG?

2 Likes

Elon couldnt progam hello, world. He just pays people to do that.

3 Likes

Thank you for what you’re doing @AzSeaindooin420

At least you’re contributing something potentially extremely valuable that could save millions of dollars every year world wide.

All data is good data.

How nice it would be if no one would have to mess around with toxic stuff to make feminized seeds.

3 Likes

ah this old chestnut.
how many times do we have to look at that picture? There have been at least 5 of these threads since I joined the site.

Maybe the mods can combine them into one thread? usually when the exact same topic comes up over and over threads get merged, or locked.

but getting down to the topic at hand.
50 / 50… that’s the law of nature. results will vary depending on sample group and sample size. but objectively, scientifically,

The seeds will be 50/50 male and female from any stable female crop that was pollinated exclusively by stable males.

with large enough sample groups, this has been proven true time and again. hermaphroditism is the only thing that will throw off this ratio. in that sense, there are some cases like pure thai landraces which contain a high ratio of hermaphrodite plants, skewing the ratio towards unstable females.

I don’t expect this to convince anyone who thinks otherwise, because it never has no matter what sources are cited. But propagating misinformation is a disservice to the community.

7 Likes

This is very silly, any perceived success is pure coincidence

7 Likes

I appreciate that the goal of the thread is research, but this method will never provide empirical data.

Without following scientific method you will never get coherent results.

What would be viable is an extremely large sample group of one stable line with no selection based on seed appearance. It would all have to be grown in the same environment to remove environmental variables. Record observations about seed appearance at the beginning, and track every plant from sprout to harvest.

3 Likes

I mean don’t even have to do that. Just pick all the “perfect” specimens and grow em out. If there’s a single male found in those then the theory isn’t accurate.

1 Like

U know u would think spending the day trying to get this put together the thread wouldn’t just fill with a bunch more naysayers… Guess ppl don’t like a good ole experiment these days…

6 Likes