If I could only run 3

plants, from the ones I have run before, who would they be???

Was gonna just chat with @DesertGrown and ask him that, cause he is old, lol, relatively I mean, lol, and has run more strains than I could name! Runs them well too. He is out in Cali, has access to everything out there, so will be good to get his take seeing as l live in a total different part of the country.

So question is, you may only pick 3, no ties or evens. You must have run it before yourself, cannot just pick a name, like MAC you have not run, and name it.

I will not go first !

7 Likes

#1 is a pheno of space monkey that i lost(kept the wrong clone) it had fat buds that had purple inside and out was totally frosted and had the most complex floral tincture terps ever…
#2 was a cross that a guy i knew made of chem x la confidential, it was so good and unique, short pheno was super colorful and finished fast, tall pheno had lots of 7g tops and yielded a bunch of frosty stanky dank…
#3 is platinum master kush, has the best flavor and buzz grows slow but has extra dense and a+ buds.

9 Likes

Juanita la Lagrimosa. It’s a 1:1 THC:CBD cultivar that tastes like flowers and honey and has no ceiling.

Skywalker Kush (HDR Cut). It’s a high THC cultivar that reeks of dank and pine.

Creme Brulee. A cross of ICookies and Street Outlaw by LED Seeds. Smells like its name and yields gobs of rosin.

14 Likes

Space Monkey is in my next run!!! Good to hear that 50state told me how good it is.

WOW

All of those sound excellent!!! Never tried any 1:1 plants, honey with no top sounds my style, lol.

4 Likes

Hell yeah, i cant wait to see it… i gotta get a pack before they run out. Got wookie f2 goimg next round so im hoping thats where a lot of the greatness comes from

2 Likes

@Jetdro… so, you want me to pick three strains that I’d grow again, if I could, that I’ve grown before?.. ok, that’s gonna take some thought.

I don’t even know how many strains/crosses I’ve grown since I started growing… easily, a few. And I’m not THAT old… I’ll be 52 in July.

First one that comes to mind is the Oaxacan Highland landrace that I used to get when I was a teenager in the early 80’s. I grew thousands of them back then… loved the sweet earthy pine/cedar, spicy berry smell/flavor it had. It came in a loose brick of long fern-like buds.

Second would have to be the Master Kush clone I got my hands on back in like '90/'91, around there. It was a nice tetraploid clone that I paid 40 bucks for. Super strong weed!!! I kept it until '97… an ex girlfriend killed it to hurt my feelings… it worked… I still miss that plant. I miss a lot of plants.

Third is gonna take more thought… I’ll get back to you on that!

@Jetdro, do you remember the Chocolate mix that E$ko put out about a decade ago? They were some of his favorites crossed with Cocoa Kush. I found two seeds from that collection… one germinated… it’s the Lavender x Cocoa Kush. The other Lavender x Cocoa Kush seeds I grew tasted like Soma’s Lavender w/dark chocolate. I can’t wait until it starts to really grow… and I don’t care if it’s male or female! I’m excited!

7 Likes

Here’s mine had to really think damn I’ve been against thinking since I retired
Wreckage it’s from thseeds I believe it is trainwreck x sage for me it had it all great high
LSD was #2 can’t remember how’s gear I think Barney’s farm hit me hard and a bit trippy
Pineapple chunk by Barney as well

They did the job and had great taste
But times and taste have evolved now I just want to try everything I have in my vault but I don’t think I’ll ever grow out everything some I just keep putting off
Like silver fields have it for 6 years always find a reason not to
Southern blues I love it tasty as hell it should be on this list as well
Too many to choose from

Oh if I had the seeds from that bag of Panama red from back in the day that my moms found and flushed lol

3 Likes

I haven’t grown many strains but space monkey is my fav. About 15- 20 years ago grew a grinspoon looking plant that was awesome smoke…very low yield but was enjoyed by many. I grew a northern light x that was memorable too…it was called number five (not by breeder but the fellow I got it from) I but never found another that grew outdoors here in Michigan like that one.

1 Like