Your favorite strain to smoke and grow?

Looking to see what everyone’s favorite strains are?? To grow and to smoke? Could both be different! And let me know why!

Mine is,

To smoke: northern lights. Lots of weed makes my anxiety really bad, to the point of panic attacks. I don’t really look to get real high when I smoke. I look for relaxation, calming, etc. I’ve found northern lights fits the bill perfectly. I grew some from canuk seeds and couldn’t be happier, its exactly what I’m after when looking to chill!

For growing: i can’t really say yet, I’m too new! I’ve grown about 8 different strains so far, and currently am growing some LSD and really having fun with it.

12 Likes

I remember hearing that about Northern Lights long ago.
I liked NL but it wasn’t what I’m looking for. Right now I’m messing around with some Sour Strawberry to see if that scratches my fruit itch.

Do you have a grow log started on the LSD?

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Gpaw ya somewhat of a log, albeit not very detailed. Its also the first auto I’ve ever run, so very much a learning experience

3 Likes

I remember that, it was an auto.
I didn’t connect because I had the idea LSD was a photoperiod… (misfiring neurons).

Cheers
G

2 Likes

To smoke, lately it’s mendo breath, slurricane and all time fave from back in the day, Northern Lights #5. As for growing, from my past experience, NL#5. Haven’t grown too many strains before, now I have soo many choose from to try for the first time.

6 Likes

Smoking: Monkey Paw, Maui Wowie, any Thai.

Growing: Triple Durban Poison, GG4

5 Likes

Northern lights and it crosses are definitely one of my favorites to grow and smoke. So hardy and resilient in the woods. Doesn’t stink up the whole block either. That’s a Nl in my avatar pic.

5 Likes

Hash plant by Willy Jack circa 2001 mannnnn
I grew out a pack of these when I was still new to hobby, and these have been the best beans I’ve ever purchased, and the 1st beans I’ve ever purchased, way back when heavens stairway and seedbay were thriving, sadly Willy Jacks warez have went into oblivion, Blue Grass genetics were special as well.

2 Likes

ECSD

Williams Wonder

for both

3 Likes

Ak-47. Nice up head stone and relaxing. It’s the kind of smoke that’s nice to come home too.

LSD may not set well with anxiety. Great herb though

2 Likes

Ya I was thinking that. Gonna be interesting to see

1 Like

I grew Chimera’s C4 for years and it was an absolute pleasure to grow. I could take pistil-topped clones from the ladies that were in 12/12 for 2 or 3 weeks and never had an issue with them going hermie. They were dense buds, but I NEVER had to deal with bud rot, even in the hottest summer growing months and in higher than ideal humidity. And growing them under 1000W HPS, which can get rather hot, I never saw any nanners.

As for smoking, I’ve loved almost everything I’ve ever grown and would not be able to select just one or two. So I will name one that someone else grew: an Original KK Strawberry Cough. That shit was yummy.

3 Likes

Thats kind of hard to say but ill go with zkittlez…not the best looking and after every grow i say imma stop growing it but hasnt happened yet…seems like its gets better n better after every run for me

2 Likes

It changes too often to pin down. Right now I’m partial to the hibernate I’ve got growing. She looks nasty and mean.

I grew out their NL a few times and had good experiences

1 Like

Bumping this so as to not start a new thread with a similar subject, but if you were on a desert island and could only pick ONE strain to grow/bring would your answers be the same? Curious what people would choose.

Let’s say you can bring one strain and any equipment, just no new genetics. For me I like a good resin/hash producer and good terps so something like a Grapefruit or Green Crack / ISS would be my choice

2 Likes

Lumpys cut apple fritter

…if I had to chose.

1 Like

Purple badlands is worth a look from GPS too mate :100:

1 Like

I think I’ve got some of that kicking around somewhere.

1 Like

Its blueberry x stardawg IIRC. One of the best smoked I’ve had

3 Likes