If you haven't made the switch to LED's, better think again!

That is a nice light!
:sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

1 Like

What’s up, @Gpaw? Made the switch last Christmas and will always use LED’s moving forward. I’m sporting’ a Grower’s Choice ROI-E680. They’re a steal at $800

7 Likes

That’s an unbelievable price!

Let the budding begin!!

12 Likes

Just beautiful man. I dream of a large healthy canopy like that one day :slight_smile:

Lovely to see. I’m only pushing 100W and in a propagation tent for now, so 50g a time in my little microgrow heh heh.

2 Likes

Check out this thread if you haven’t yet…

You can build a great LED light on your own. There’s lots of folks that will help you out with the design part too.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

It’s frosty in the summer…

14 Likes

Awesome growing is that a sog with clones? Like MidgeSmith said I can only dream of a canopy like that.

Nope…that pic is of 12 plants, just starting flowering after about 4 weeks in veg. LED’s tend to keep them short if the LED’s are kept close enough. Some strains you may have to top once or twice (sativa’s) and I also heavily defoliate a few times once flowering begins. So, no training or branch manipulation what’s so ever. And all plants started with seeds, I’m told old to f*ck with clones anymore.

1 Like

Oh ok its amazing how even they are, I only grow 4 to5 and top fim and lst the hell out of them.

I heard Gavita is the best…when I first started researching that’s what I heard. Commercial wise for sure.

I never had to switch, LED first time growing.
Partly the reason I never grew earlier was the difficulty in accessing HPS at the time

LED was just plug and play for me in my mind.

I’ve really steered toward the Maxsisun brand which is a spider farm knock off design.

I tried the leds with fans in them, they are nice but don’t have the same strength as the ones with the drivers and samnsung diodes + metal back pan are really growing on me .

I just bought my 5th light lol. In less than 6 months of growing ! Lol I am sure som people can relate.

I started with 1 small blurple. Then bought a second one…then bought a doubled up led light with fans (cobs”p)) and a veg /bloom switch,

I did just harvest with the bigger one , but pretty weak looking buds , no colas. They all look like lowers. However the potentcy is still there.

But my one maxisun light got me 2.5 oz on one plant my first time growing so I’m pretty impressed.

I doubled down and bought a light twice the size frommthe same brand for a great price…amazon coupons and discounts,$239 cad a MAXSISUN PB2000 pro.

that should cover My entire 4x2 tent for 3 plants , and I’ll do one Big one under the Maxsisun 1500

1 Like

ITs been so long, I forgot how I even topped these plants and LSTd llol, I don’t really remember doing much of it’…I’ll go through my diary.

This is right at end of flower. Wether it’s strain or the lights. The one under the big light grew Somme major big colas , super dense . The other blurples weren’t terrible especially they got Some of the Maxsisun too.

Hoping To run a much cleaner grow next time. Maximize space, I have 2 2x4so hoping I can do 2 big ones in each or see how it goes really… I want to keep veg time low. I went too long last time due to being a novice.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to work out which light I’ll use for the last 3-4 months. I haven’t personally cultivated in decades, and prior experiences were with HPS and MH. Back then, LEDs had crappy reputations and were WAY more expensive than HIDs. Now that my state is going legal, and my passion for growing is back, LEDs make sense with the leaps and bounds they’ve come. I was frequently vacillating with brands, but have been heavily leaning towards the HLG 600RSpec most recently (plan on using a 4x4 tent). Any supporting, or differing opinion is most welcome :v:t2:.

2 Likes

This one ? Sexy looking
If Gavita is in your price range I would consider researching!

Best of luck !

2 Likes

That’s it, buddy. Plan on ordering direct for warranty and support integrity. Honestly, this is more than I want to spend, but light is one facet to not skimp on while still remaining within budget (AKA not pissing off my wife).

1 Like

Huba hubbaa
Just got my new flex lol doesn’t get better than this for.me for a 4x2

8 Likes

Hey Mr.Sshz!! Congrats on the Medic Grow light! What light are you comparing yours to next grow? I was also going to do a side by side grow against the Fluence SPYDR 2P! I am.currently using the Medic Grow EZ8 to finish up this grow. My Fluence lights went off during the on cycle for no discernable reason so I switched out the lights! Did a test before contacting Osram but the SPYDR 2P worked then so I don’t know why the hell it shut itself off during the on hours but barring another issue like that I’ve only got about 10 days or so left in my current grow. Each bud below is a different plant, 2 GDP’S & 2 NYC Diesel’s!

5 Likes

But what about the spuedo science bullshit like “muh light penetrates better.”
Not sure why most of the time I see hps pics it’s all yellow and stretchy vs any decent quantum.
The one on the left is a unit farm and the brick is outside the tent. no dimmer but I dont like dim plants.

3 Likes

Gavita Pro 1700e vs. Medic Grow Fold 8… but not sure at this point if I’ll go thru with it since I like the gavita’s so much…I may just keep the Medic as a backup for now.

That’s a 4 X 4 sq. ft area you are looking at…

13 Likes

Nice even canopy sir

2 Likes