Code Enforcement

I had a notice stapled to a post at the end of my driveway tonight . Notice to correct And Abate Violation of over 30 cannabis plants in excess of the number allowed per ordinance . With a number of other code violations none of which are my violations they sent me photos from sat or drone of my garden which is only 12 plants . Not over 30 and a photo of the 100 foot long greenhouse next door and all the illegal grading and construction and hundreds of plants . But had my parcel number name and address I don’t want the sheriff kicking my door in by mistake . They have already raided my neighbors on several occasions you would think they would have it right . I called the sheriff and let them know I have a legal medical grow or at least I thought I did . I need to call code enforcement first thing Monday and try to clear this up before the armed forces show up . The other guys are most likely south of the border already if they had a notice on their gate lol .

21 Likes

I hope that this was merely a mistake on the Gov’s behalf @gramps . I am not familiar with your local legislation but if you have everything in order, typically I would say not to worry. I remember you saying that you have canopy restrictions there as well? Hoping for a quick and painless resolution for you, no one needs that sort of stress.

7 Likes

The county recently changed the regs but my medical grow falls under the old rules but I don’t want to lawyer up for 12 plants . their posting these notices all over the neighborhood and the county my grow is the smallest on our road by far . The canopy allowed is 600 hundred square feet not counting the space between plants . My plants are huge I might have too recalculate in the morning lol .

9 Likes

[quote=“gramps, post:3, topic:35316, full:true”] The canopy allowed is 600 hundred square feet not counting the space between plants . My plants are huge I might have too recalculate in the morning lol .
[/quote]

That reminds me of this story I saw https://youtu.be/lkgmrQicXKw

2 Likes

Holy Shit!!! Those plants were huge!!

1 Like

Northern California :sun_with_face: :wave:

@gramps sorry to hear. hopefully you can print up a parcel map off the internet & use red marker (gotta idiot-proof, remember who we’re dealin with :joy: square peg-round hole folk)

:four_leaf_clover:

:evergreen_tree:

9 Likes

So code enforcement called me and said it appears the greenhouse is not on my property but they have to inspect my garden wtf . They said don’t worry about the fines I guess not since they have the wrong property the photos have red lines from GPS I guess that clearly show that its not my operation . And they could count my grow easy or maybe they didn’t have enough fingers . I think its all bullshit and something to do with the neighbors a lot of activity over there today maybe a run for the border lol .

10 Likes

Dang man! Hope all goes smoothly if they really are going to do a random ass inspection. I remember hearing stories of people in cali putting greenhouses in little corners of property that dang near cut into their neighbors property so back in the day when the choppers flew over they would hopefully think it wasn’t part of their scene.
Shady ass shit

3 Likes

That was to steal water! :laughing: :sweat_drops:

4 Likes

Also makes sense hah! The wild wild norcal days

2 Likes

How the hell do you steal water?? What kind of place is it that can charge you for stealing water??? Seriously.

1 Like

By reaching under the fence & tying into the neighbor’s irrigation system!

6 Likes

I had it happen to me a couple of times . I think my neighbors are gone it is so quiet and peaceful again . But they left me with code enforcement thanks for being a good neighbor .

11 Likes

Wow, I can not phathom that…

2 Likes

A lot of the domestic water system around here starts upcountry in a man made lake and flows down open ditches . fairly easy to borrow water at night . We use to buy a miners inch thousands of gallons and fill our ponds wish we still had that water . A record breaking summer and more heat on the way more triple digit days . Another notice in the mail this time I need to go to town to sign for it more of the same . I think the place next door is cursed ! they don’t last long nothing but bad luck trash the place and move on .

6 Likes

We are pretty fortunate. Not only do we have 3 deep Wells, they are all less than 60tds without any filtration. Incredible water.

7 Likes

I have two wells 200 feet deep cold and clear never tested been drinking and growing with for over forty years . Our water always tastes better to me one well has a lot of mineral but no smell or taste it will leave little white spots on your car The well I use for the house and garden has little to none both are soft . Water is in seams here in the hills could come from anywhere mostly snow melt I think . There is treated water on the end of my road maybe five hundred feet from my property if you can afford it ? And no filters or chemical treatment with my wells :grinning:

10 Likes

Now a certified letter that cost the tax payers $ 6.90 they have sent out hundreds of these in my county . So now I have three notices for the same thing my six plants are famous .

11 Likes

Sounds like typical government stupidity.

4 Likes

:thinking: Maybe set a precedent & file a counter-claim against the bozos for your time & expenses, pain & suffering, extra beer & cheetos, dog treats, electricity, etc.

:evergreen_tree: wishin you well

4 Likes