Im confused - when to induce flowering with SCROG?

Thanks! Yeah, just finished cutting the last one down a couple of days ago. Im in the process of making RSO and then on to capsules. Im really liking the Critical CBD from the few ‘hits’ Ive taken of the green dragon. Very potent stuff.

My final yields - after drying in the oven for 2 hrs at 180 deg, then doing the de-carb at 250F for 40 minutes - were as follows:

NL#1 dry wt = 118 gm/ 4.1 oz
NL#2 dry wt = 123 gm/ 4.3 oz
CBD #1 dry = 113 gm / 4 oz
CBD #2 dry = 72 gm / 2.5 oz
total = 426 gm / 14.9 oz

That works out to about 1.5 gm/watt or 626 gm/ sq meter.

Turns out that three of the plants had lots of small seeds, but the potency still seems to be very good. I stressed them all about three weeks ago by grossly over feeding followed by lowering my lights toooo close to the canopy for about a week!

Looks like I got lucky despite the screwup.

3 Likes

Good job, it should produce some good medicine!

1 Like

Great result especially for a first grow. What tent are you using? looks quite big for a 2x3 :thumbsup:

1 Like

Nice haul.

So, there is no more confusion, is there?

99%

1 Like

So far it looks to me like this is much more potent than the first batch of Green Dragon I made from store bought buds. Ive almost finished reducing the GD and mixing it with coconut oil. As soon as I can get it into some capsules, I will be able to tell for sure.

Im assuming the reason for more potency would be that I have been careful not to knock off any tricomes and I used almost all the 'trimmings". Im sure the store bought stuff has been knocked around enough to loose much of the good stuff - either on purpose or by accident during handling.

Its a DIY tent I made from 3/4" PVC pipe, and some reflective mylar I got at Home Depot, and lots of duct tape :slight_smile:

I dont recommend the mylar from Home Depot. When my lights were on, I could see them through the mylar. I had to cover the outside with black garbage bags to stop light leaking through the mylar.

The inside dimensions are 28" x 38" x 48" tall. Thats about 7.38 sq ft or .68 sq meters.

Ha! Thanks, but I wish :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No truer words. Some assholes will go as far as grinding stems up really fine and including it in pre-rolls. Buyer beware. Sorry to bitch. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Not only is the quality better, but you know exactly what’s in the medicine, what what sprayed on it, and how it was processed. :thumbsup: :seedling:

I’m guilty of rolling trim joints on occasion, but I don’t try and pass them off as pre-rolls. :imp:

4 Likes

very respectable yields, almost a pound, are those numbers including all the trim too? did you turn all of it in to edibles?

Thanks. Those numbers included everything except the larger fan leaves and the stems. If it had trichomes, I kept it.

yes - it all went into making green dragon, which then got reduced (cooked the alcohol off) and mixed with coconut oil, and made into capsules.

I did keep a small amount of green dragon. If I need a fast hit I can mix some into a drink and it hits me faster than the capsules do. I have not used it for anything else yet. I keep intending to try the GD as a topical, but have not done that. I did not make any edibles. Dont like the taste, and/or its just seemed like too much trouble.

Oh, I gave my bro about 1/2 oz of the CBD stuff to try. I forgot to set some aside before I de-carbed it in the oven though. He said it worked well for him but it was very harsh!! Im not surprised at the harshness after being force dried and de-carbed like that :smiley: Next time I will set aside some of the wet stuff and he can dry it on his own.

1 Like

capsules is what i meant, that’s my fav form of edibles too, unless you’re using them as suppositories? :smile: :joy:

do you know the dosages of them and how many do you take at a time? i want to make some

As far as the dosages - its all guess and by golly, so I have no numbers. The THC in the Northern lights is listed in various places as anywhere from around 10% to maybe 20% or higher, and I couldnt find any numbers at all for the Critical CBD, so no clue what its concentration is.

My “dosing” is based on number of drops in a capsule and how well it works. I took that 15+ oz of dry bud and ended up with aprox 6 cups of infused coconut oil - 3ea of Northern Lights and 3ea of Critical CBD.

My eye dropper gives me roughly 40 drops per ml and there are 236 ml per cup, so that works out to 40 x 236 x 6 = 56,000 drops. Ive been putting 4 drops per capsule. One capsule is a light dose for me. Just enough to take the edge off my pain without feeling “hi” or stoned or getting sleepy. Two or three capsules of the CBD kills my chronic knee/shoulder/back pain almost completely but starts to make me sleepy and feeling a bit stoned. The Northern Lights works well for pain but makes me a good bit sleepier.

Lately I have been taking one CBD every 4 to 6 hours during the day depending on how much pain Im in. If I know I have to drive, I dont take anything for at least 6 hours ahead of time.

At bed time, if I really need to sleep, I take three caps of each one and that knocks me out for a solid 5 hours. Normally Im up every two hours all night long.

LOL I have not tried them that way - yet. I read about some folks using the infused oil as a ‘personal lubricant’, but then I also read a warning about numb nuts, so I have not tried that either :smiley:

1 Like

yes idk about with the green dragon, might be some residual alcohol but i doubt that would hurt. i’ll probably infuse coconut oil directly to make caps (cant get grain alcohol where i am). i’ve heard as a lubricant it will get a womans kitty stoned (localized effect) but with the ‘back door’ will provide full body stone same as eating it

I made a few batches of infused oil using canola cooking oil and coconut oil to make brownies. It works, but not as well as using the alcohol forst. I think the alcohol gets a lot more of the good stuff out of the bud.

2 Likes

yes it’s definitely a more efficient method. i was gonna do an isopropyl extraction first cause it’s all that’s available to me but i’m not sure if i would want to eat it afterwards. i guess if i evaporate it all really well…

1 Like

I wouldn’t advise it. Eating ISO is toxic. If your going to reduce it all the way anyway, just use a strong vodka. Doesn’t have to be 95% ethanol extract, it’s just easier and a tad cleaner. Again no issue if making caps.

what about using BHO, i stay far away from alcohol esp. vodka lol

i think i have more than enough to worry about 10-25 percent increased efficiency but it’d make dosaging easier if starting with a more pure extract like distillate or rosin or something. i guess i need a rosin press

2 Likes

Better off with rosin for ingestibles. BHO needs to be properly vacuum purged.

1 Like

yes i have vac oven, can i vac purge ISO oil too ?

1 Like

I’m not sure. My guess would be yes. RSO is easy to purge with heat, but I don’t use it for edibles. It makes excellent smoking oil if you do it right tho, almost as good as BHO, imo.

1 Like