Im confused - when to induce flowering with SCROG?

A hair straightener and a 600 lb. Quick clamp will get you pretty far for cheap. Google HMK rosin press.

3 Likes

That should work very well as long as there are no ignition sources in the chamber or exhaust sections. Remember, you are removing alcohol vapor = highly flammable and easily ignited.

I have blown up a few too many things in the house over the years, and my wife would absolutely kill me if I did it again. So, if it was me, I would get rid of the alcohol with the usual ‘heating in a water bath’ methods (done outside for the wifes piece of mind), and then use the vac oven to get rid of the excess water that will be left in the solution - especially if you use less than 95% alcohol.

If you are sure there are no ignition sources, then it should be fine for everything.

I used 2 liters of 95% in my last batch, which left somewhere over 10cc of water in my oil to still get rid of. I didnt manage to get it all out and my final oil still has some traces of water in it.

If you are using lower proof alcohol, you will have a lot more water left over in the mix after the alcohol is all gone. The vac oven will make getting that out a much faster process as it will lower the boiling point of the water when its under partial pressure.

1 Like

Very nice grow. I love that canopy! Well done!

1 Like