im going to be a rich man

im a decent guitar player… I dont know, I plan to just sit around and play guitar a lot when I move, moving to a small farming town near my uncles place… and yeah I have a relative that might get me some land, but I gotta talk to my dad about it

now heres some mp3s… heres the thing, I pissed off some people on irc and I think theyre hacking my Mac, dont play these too loud because they make my ears hurt a little, but it goes away… it started happening when I uploaded my work on distrokid, but whatever, dont think the cops here cover hacking so im shit out of luck

so no headphones, keep it low, if youre having trouble ill remaster it on my Mac, but you’ll lose sound quality lol… I recorded these on the voice recorder app for iPhone and sent them to bgm over their email, and yeah, they DIDNT email me back and a few artists came out with similar work I think, either that or im just new to the music scene

anyways, link expires in 30 days, cant find elsewhere to host

hopefully it work lol

the guitar im playing on the mp3s is a Gretchen electric, its like… it can be a heavy metal grunger

2 Likes

I suck at guitar. I tried. I suck.

1 Like

I’m a drummer… that’s why I asked… I love playing… haven’t in a while… but I’m more led zeppelin to slipknot type kind of everything in between… tool is my favorite

1 Like

I picked up guitar and piano to experiment with digital audio workstations (daws)

I started out on reaper and I found out, when you buy and use something called a midi keyboard (a piano with a usb port, its like one of those table top things, 80$-200$ for a decent full sized, 91 key piano) and hook it up to a daw, you can use something called vsts (aka virtual instruments)

one keyboard can play an infinite amount of vsts, like all types of guitars to ethic instruments t to all types of piano, and it save the cost of studio stuff like a sound proof wall, expensive microphones, acoustics, and wires/converter boxes. it can be a pain to setup sometimes, but the jist of it is plug in keyboard, install cubase, install the optional vsts, add a track and configure the track by selecting an instrument, and then when you play piano it plays like the instrument, then when youre done just export to mp3 (you can save super hq files like this) and save the file lol

1 Like

drummings cool, never really got into drumming because I didnt have the space in my room, when I need drums I use the GarageBand app on iOS, its not as good as a drum set but you can make a good bass thump with it lol, when I play drums on iOS I usually do something like purple haze with the drums

do you use cubase? I can help you out if you want, you gotta buy cubase man, someones seriously not being ethical with software cracks lol probably some dll with some reversed engineered junk

I was hoping for some high-gain 80’s shredding

1 Like

Panama!

2 Likes

I’ve always hated digital music… if it isn’t played by a person I don’t like it… it will do in the rap world… but not the rock world… I guarantee 1 of those would not keep up with me …
I appreciate what they were intended for

I think can shred but it’d probably blow out my cheap amp or id seriously piss off my neighbors lol, Gretchens or Gretches or whatever are pretty quality guitars, mine has that little stick on the side that tightens or loosens the strings, you need to hold a middle frets and strum hard to reset the gate once a while for every adjustment I think, but it sounds kicking from the last time I played it

ive always been a fan of digital music… I used to download mp3s en masse on aol when I was in middle school, I never really liked concerts because you cant chain-smoke there, and theres something always happening or going down there and sometimes you just want to park with your friends and listen to the radio and talk or just bong rip in front of a good stereo system hooked up to Spotify at home

I almost got into a fight at an avril lavinge concert the other month, im like, dude, she’s a kids performer, almost had to severely beat his ass outside with my brother and his friends and goto jail or some shit, fuck concerts man lol, we were just walking around after this concert and this punk kid and his friends started yelling shit out about me and my clothes?

Avril Lavigne attracts the finest clients.

2 Likes

that’s why I got my guitar lol. when im stressed out about that shit I can make my own music and keep to myself haha

and yeah man, these people pull in money and get whatever they want. when they take your work, you have no options sometimes man, like, you know mod sun? that guy appeared the next fucking day I posted my music on spotify with odd references to me on “flames”, so I called her fucking agent through imdbpro and his assistant gave me the biggest lines of phony Los Angeles bullshit man, like “we have no confirmation of x or y” and their asses got married, and worse shit happened that I just cant say. its been like 3 years of shit and I lost so much shit, think this all started with a fucking Bay Area radio station cause I was at this party and I think I met avril lavinge, but she just looked like her and said she was from Tahoe. we almost hooked up but her friend, which even fuckong HORRIBLY looked like mod sun picked her up, and she skirted off in a car load full of people, im like, they dont do that shit ln Tahoe, my parents own a place there

I have nominal industry experience cause I sent stuff to Comedy Central to help them out during the internet boom, just to keep it even man, id rather work in fucking it or agriculture because these people are staffed with fucking art students or shit like friends of the producer kinda shit

Looks like some of the adults were right. Still pretty brave and honest of you to report this so others can learn.

35 % is the going rate up here in canada and to make matters worst now in Ontario the insurance companies got the government to cap payments in two categories either your short term or long term if your deemed short term they can cap the payment to you after everyone else gets payed they give you 3500.00 and if it major and it has to be life changing 125,000 and up but you have to be major fu ked for that its a joke that government can even get invovled in a private business deal between 2 parties !

When it comes to performance digital is a joke bro… I mean it’s not like arenas are selling out or crowds are cheering to some dude on a computer lol…

I get the concert scene… it’s rough but that is the world bro… always someone… ya just gotta ignore the shit and live your life bro.

I have been to many concerts and have not gotten in 1 single fight or had 1 single altercation… I’m by saint louis too… so u know people aren’t so nice here right? The difference was for me we got to smoke … cigs… and weed… no one fucked w us once we passed the initial patdown… (also a joke)
That includes seeing pantera and disturbed… the crowds were rough but no fighting unless that’s what you wanted to do… lol

Clearly the industry is driven by closed minded tight knit groups of non musical dolts… otherwise we’d have killer music like back in the 90s… or farther… 70s. . Nothing compares anymore…

Listen to 1 TOOL song … then listen to anything else right now… no comparison… no one wants to put the effort in that it takes to create greatness… the industry just wants quick selling garbage to quickly make money… :roll_eyes:
This is obviously prominent or music would be getting better in quality… not worse.

It’s why I quit trying … I only do it for fun and I ignore just about all new shit coming out… if it isn’t studio assisted to the point of embarrassing live performances it’s digitally created from the get go and it’s obvious that’s what it is…

Like the Auto tune for voice… lmao… who wants to listen to somebody sound like they have a 1980 Casio mini keyboard shoved down their throat? It’s assisting the people who do NOT belong in music at all . Like the industry itself…

My spouse went on this same rant in the car today. He listened to maybe 1 song and then I had to put on Spotify

1 Like

Anything run through an auto tuner is garbage. Run me through an auto tuner and I’m a pop star.

1 Like

yeah kinda, theyre not going to hire me man, they own the stuff I sent in and I published it on spotify without a copyright, no lawyer will take my case and the most I can do is complain my entire life lol

ya, I thought musical artists like got stoned and visited schools in their free time and helped the cia train orphans and stuff, but no man, theyre fucking people from fucking la, fucking sit around and collect a ton of money and do whatever they want cause theyre lucky

im not really that into tool lol, im more into stuff like gin blossoms when we’re talking about 90s, r&b, I dont really like heavy metal or rock, I like pop and techno

yeah after what happened to me its just going to be me and that house and some family customers, I haven’t really checked facts but my aunt tells me she pulled in 100k in a year selling weed, and im probably going to net maybe 400$/oz organics because either my bubbleberry molded or its fucking too strong, felt like passing out after I rolled a huge joint… didnt get sick though, just fell asleep, haha been smoking club weed

and yeah, I have a ton of side effects from antipsychotics, so I really shouldn’t be leaving my house, that’s another story I won’t get into lol, actually, before the incident I wouldve loved concerts, gone there with my friends and family and their friends, scored seeds, went to afterparties, but man, that was probably 2006 or so haha