I'm proposing new forum category

Been searching hard thru post after post in grofax, indoor, outdoor , advanced catagories. Get some info here some info there some i understand some i donā€™t. I know there are some very good organic growers onsite . I was thinking that they could pull together experience and knowledge for grofax . And I think organics is worth its own catagory . Just my opinion.:v:

6 Likes

Hello,
actually we have category for organics and also tag (so you can tag topics ā€œorganicā€ in other categories too)ā€¦

You can link to category by using #

e.g. #general-indoor-growing:organics

or link tag by using ##

e.g. #organic

:left_speech_bubble: How to select tags for your topics?

4 Likes

Iā€™m little bit thinking about opposite way, to prune some categories, which donā€™t have enough posts. (We would move them to tags). By using tags, we still have the ability to organize them. Later when there are enough topics category can be createdā€¦

Imho separate category is justified only if there are posts on daily basis.

And why have separate category gallery->greenhouses when you can use tag #greenhouse. Tag is more universal in a sense. You can use tag #greenhouse to find all photos in gallery (if you select it from Latest topic list), but you can also search for greenhouses in other categories or on whole forum.

5 Likes

Yessir I noticed after I posted org tea post it was taged by you as organic, thought for minute I did something bad,about to get bannedšŸ˜­. Still new to new O.Gā€¦ Have patience with me while I try learning all the tricks.thank youāœŒ

4 Likes

I agree sir. Itā€™s been a long time since I hobbied. Pruning ( plants not threads)I used to know very well, but forgoting most of it. I also have been trying to relearn the art of pruning.:v:

O k , reread , starting to understand . that makes good sense. Stuck in OG1.0 rut. I need to have patience with new OG and grow with it

7 posts were split to a new topic: How to navigate Overgrow forum?

I have been wondering (not again!!?)ā€¦

Thereā€™s a few topics Iā€™ve considered organizing/starting for the members:

The OverGrow Kitchen - for all food/drink/cooking/medible talk
The DarkRoom - photography & cannabis
The Builders Shed - for discussion of buildings/construction/electricity

My personal interest & experience is in the 3rd subject there. For example I have questions(running outdoor underground power, adding subpanels)ā€¦

And as an added distractionā€¦

Thereā€™s a lot of over-lapping cultivation information between the Indoor & Outdoor environments that may be non-specific. And greenhouses present their own unique/hybrid environment.

Would re-organizing existing threads be impossible/wrong?

Is that more appropriate for FAQ?

:evergreen_tree: gotta strike :hammer: while the ironā€™s hot :fire:

2 Likes

I love it but I think that itā€™s such a good idea, that they make it part of the categories list on the site
And the Greenhouse idea too for hybrid (indoor/outdoor) growers

2 Likes

I think they are all great as well. Would definitely help a noob like me, especially the last. I have done some framing and electrical work, but am nothing near competent.

2 Likes

Sounds like a fantastic idea @cannabissequoia.

Iā€™d love to try making Edibles but Iā€™m not very good. The wife usually has to help me if I want them at all potent.

I think the more useful information that we can post here the better and more valuable the forum will become.

:v:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve done chocolate. Canā€™t really screw that upā€¦

1. melt chocolate
  2. add ground up weed
  3. let harden

Needless to sayā€¦ I screwed it up LOL

5 Likes

What gets me is the decarbing. I canā€™t even seem to make firecrackers work. Though my wifeā€™s dog seemed like she was tripping balls (accidentally ate a bit while I wasnā€™t looking.)

3 Likes

I think I got itā€¦ sorta. Got an old oven so temp is sometimes a guesstimation but I try to get it as close as I can with a thermometer. I try to get it as close to 240F as I can and just keep it in there 50 to 60 min. It seems to work, though I am sure I am losing something.

Was this before or after decarb?

4 Likes

After. I ground the bud and mixed into really oily and fatty peanut butter, then baked for a while (canā€™t remember how long or how hot)
Though now that I think about it, Edibles donā€™t do a whole lot for me. Iā€™ve had a bunch of gummies that some relatives gave us from Oregon, but only ever a mild buzz.
Maybe I need to use more bud.

What we need is a solid collection of detailed recipes.

3 Likes

That as your first mistakeā€¦ mixing it into PB. Donā€™t know a dog that doesnā€™t go nutz for it. Though I am surprised it affected it, hasnā€™t been converted from THCA to THC.

Not only detailed, but ones that any idiot could follow (you know, like me). There are a lot of sites out there that have recipes, some really good sounding ones, but you need to be a rocket scientist, even for basics like butter and ccnut oil to understand them.

2 Likes

Add an Outdoor Grow Diaries category to please :grin: :+1:

3 Likes

commercial edibles in oregon are low potency, the regulators wanted the dosage to be low enough that someone who has never tried cannabis could eat a whole edible without tripping. itā€™s not surprising that you didnā€™t get much of an effect from those gummies.

3 Likes

ā€¦ and that someone who really needs 2gm a day will have a :syringe: hard-drug addiction :money_mouth: billā€¦ or to have a party means paying out the :tada:

:v:

:evergreen_tree: ā€œwin-winā€ situation for the :cop: Man

1 Like

I kinda like your idea @cannabissequoia. I wouldnā€™t mind a cordoned off area to post geeky stuff (such as source code snippets, maybe a schematic or two, etc ) for other experimenters/dyi to utilize.

4 Likes