In Pueblo? Do not ever come to this hotel. Ever, ever, ever

Colorado is constitutional carry. You dont need a permit there…or that’s what I was told by security at a dispensary there…I didnt look into it for myself…I carry anyways

3 Likes

Was up that way a couple of weeks ago with the boat. They are not letting anyone drive trailridge road (connects Grand Lake to Estes park) without a park reservation. Too bad, its one of the most scenic drives in Colorado.

2 Likes

I always stay at the ramada when I’m in pueblo. Mostly just because they let you smoke bud in the rooms. I’ll be up there in 2 weeks

3 Likes

I agree if ya ever make it back not sure how familiar you are with the area but Fall River road area to get to the top of the divide is pretty also dirt, switch backs and the alluvial fan blow out areas are amazing!

3 Likes

Sounds like my nightmare experience at a chain hotel in Redding California. I stopped for the night on a cross state move from CA to the pacific northwest. Do not stop in Redding.

In the same night in the same parking lot, someone threatened to shoot me in the face at point blank range, and hours later someone else desperately tried to sell me the same gun.

The roof rack on our hatchback was cut in half with some kind of heavy duty metal shears. They stole the cargo container on top, which contained nothing but bed sheets, clothing, and random cables. basically the modern equivalent of this scene-

“We’ve got his bed sheets! and his night shirt! and his HDMI cables!”
5 Likes

the German Mauser my Tata (Grandfather) took off a Nazi he killed himself. He said you could come back with one weapon and he wanted the Walther pistol, but he needed a deer rifle.

That’s a cool piece of family history.
My grandfather was deployed in Germany near the end of the war. His unit would be the first people to show up at a forced labor camp or prison camp to offer aid and liberate the captives after the marines had killed the German staff of the prison camp.

He almost never speaks of it, but he must have seen some horrible things in those camps. He does like to talk about his friends from his unit. His nickname was “Moose” because he was tall and gangly.

He kept a Walther pistol.

7 Likes

I’ll have to check it out

1 Like

Slept till 11. Damn, you guys are the best. A little Chem OG & Gabapentin did it. This Chem OG is OG on the inhale then it turns into caramelized onions. The nerve pain was crazy before the GABA kicked in. I couldn’t even make a fist with my right hand. Let’s go buy some weed!

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing that with us. We suck compared to that generation. My grandfather was on a minesweepers crew and would get sniped at regularly. The bravery they all had is humbling. My grandfather was part Yaqui as am I, I guess. People forget that Mexicans are half Native American. The Diné (Navajo/Hopi) are beautiful people and the area is unbelievably stunning. Apache women are beautiful and your boy here had an Apache girlfriend in College. Don’t get it twisted, Latin Americans and Native Americans LOVE our country. But, we don’t trust the government.

12 Likes

Last time I was in Pueblo I was driving back from New Mexico and stopped at a coffee shop for some food. I had the soup of the day (potato) and once I got home, I started blowing out both ends for the next 24 hours. Nothing more humbling that having to decide if you’re going to try and hold in your shit so you can puke in the toilet.

I want to make a t-shirt that says “I shit my pants in Pueblo”

12 Likes

That sounds like the Clarion I stayed in, in Miami. Some dude was knocking on doors taking about of he didn’t get the man his money he was gonna kill him. Ole boy knocked on my door and met my M&P pro face to face. Told him if he didn’t go the fuck away and quiet down I’d kill him. I don’t care the states laws I’m carrying my weapon. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 any day.

9 Likes

Congratulations Pueblo! You have an awesome combination of the ugliest chicks with the nastiest tattoos I have ever seen. :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

Much nicer hotel. Going home tomorrow. This is the total. Need another container. *btw humidity packs are now being sold at Walmart with the Mason jars.

11 Likes

Looks like you loaded up. Be safe my friend.

3 Likes

I’ve been there. Shitting in toilet and puking in bathtub same time. The dreaded double header

6 Likes

This motel/hotel thread will be a classic! :clap: @Solowolf

neither :wave: this blonde blue eyed devil :neutral_face: Mistrust & distrust aren’t racists! :wink:

:blush: I was thinking day trip/picnic… :laughing:

Same here & I’d bet for lots of us… a subject worthy of it’s own thread. A Luger, friends, nicknames “shifty gears”, otherwise silent about The War, never hunted again only fished, etc… :+1: The Greatest Generation (in a while :wink: ) .

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Maybe renamed in the title places to avoid in Pueblo?

3 Likes

Trip down south was nice ended up meeting in Castle rock had a nice dinner then headed back north around 7pm safe travels @Solowolf Heading back home!

5 Likes

I think @Tinytuttle the name is right. There are those nightmare places everywhere. It is good to let us all know where they are, and share our horror stories.

4 Likes

What up y’all? Safe and sound. And Touchdown Jesus does it again!

7 Likes