Informed Guidance

It seems like a long-shot; but are there any well educated (in many forms of medicine, very important that they are credible in mainstream western medical practices) doctor that is open to consulting MMJ patients with particularly odd/persistent problems? I have caring doctors but they are not informed on cannabis enough to offer advice. I love that the community helps each other so much but I would love someone qualified to answer the important questions. Granted we‘re all meat-bags, but some are just more factually learned. All I’ve found in holistic medicine is money grabbers or delusional rambling. Very contradictory and wildly varied results (probably because a lot of them don’t know what the fuck they are doing).

Are there any good doctors out there that study this medicine? Or are we just not there yet?

5 Likes

I think it’s mostly the 2nd part but also the 1st. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hard to believe at first, but yeah, it shows how BS the war on weed is.

:+1: Overgrow

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I think there are pockets. If you have spotify, you can find a few podcasts. “Shaping fire” for instance has a few medical-related podcasts with doctors and researchers:

Using cannabis for parkinson’s disease relief with Zoe Sigman
Transitioning from opioids to cannabis for pain relief with Adie Rae PhD
Migraine therapy using cannabis and mushrooms with Dr. Ethan Russo
Exercise and cannabis with Greg Gerdeman PhD
Treating brain injury with cannabis and mushrooms with Dr. Ethan Russo

6 Likes

Unfortunately research is often driven based on how much money that research will make. Unless we have world-wide single supplier single payer that is some how ethically run… Yeah. I don’t know, I’m young, maybe in 50 years I’ll think back to “the hard times” as some already do.

2 Likes