Instead of asking for a divorce

I put up these tents in the living area! LOL

I think they really make the room come together.

Just kidding. Wifey is as cool as you could expect her to be about it.

She puts up with a lot of my shit.

55 Likes

Well if you ever get thrown out, you have a tent to sleep in.

28 Likes

Damn i love how the gorilla tent was designed like that. Flaps to cover the zippers is awesome. I lowkey do not trust my tent for light leaks even after i zipped myself up in it and it was so dark i couldnt see 1inch in front of me, even went around with a iphone flashlight over all the zippers and windows. Still i have the urge to clip a tarp and drape it over the front every night.

2 Likes

Love it! At 6’3" Im gonna need the big one!

2 Likes

I have seen quite a few grow tents set up in homeless camps around Eugene and Portland Oregon. Kinda makes me chuckle. (Not the situation, just the tent).
I have that same Gorilla 2x4x8 - I love it!

2 Likes

man my wife hates clutter. about to fix that soon lol, got her a lil record player today and gonna build a little desk for her.

hope it makes up for my bull shit lol

3 Likes

So when you moving out? :joy:

Some nice tents right there! Got a bunch of plans for those? ^^

2 Likes

Thats too funny! Kinda-sorta

Its my first grow tent! Picked it up April of 23. I really love it.
I had an AC Infinity grow tent… for a Day. Too short, and I prefer the “Barn Door” style of the Gorilla tents. Just a bit better access, and I really do love the height options.

That being said, Ive got the shorty as well. Was good for veg, but now Im going to do an Octopot grow in it. Gonna be tight. Lamp is up againt the exhaust and filter, pretty much. Minimal space left to grow. Should be interesting.

4 Likes

Its a great design, for sure. Im noticing some quality issues with stitching and zippers. Nothing I cant work around so far.

2 Likes

No immediate plans to move, lol.

This is the set up as its been sitting for the past few months. Going to utilize the 2x4 and 2x2.5 Shorty together now. The shorty was used for propagation and clones, etc… Now shorty is going to “The Show”, with a 300 watt AC Infinity EVO4 lamp stuffed in it. Yee-haw!

The Gorilla Clone tent has been in “storage B” for a while. Wont see her for a bit. She’s got an HLG100 V2 inside along with Turbo Kloner.
Im going to speed up and slow down at the same time…

No clones or anything like that. Just growing two Octo-plants in 2x4. Then, around flower, start one Octo-plant in 2x2.5. Each tent will dry its harvested goods.

3 Likes

I am so against clutter. Unfortunately, Its a part of life in my ever-shrinking house…

So funny you mentioned the desk!

I recently made a desk for my wife from a slab of Walnut I purchased from ETSY.
Gave her my guitar room to use as home office, and desk was a surprise!

Driving home with my wood slab!
Notice the dual “live-edges”
One live-edge was cut off to make the rear edge of desk.

Many applications of stain along with several clear layers. Sanded and recleared, and then again.

Used plumbing piping for the legs and structure.

Guitars are happy to share space with my lady…

If I had it to do over again, would have just bought her a desk. lol
Would have been cheaper…easier…faster :rofl:

30 Likes

that’s a rad setup!! one day I’ll have her something like this :metal::facepunch:

3 Likes

Nice rooms! Really dig the computer/guitar room.

3 Likes

they don’t work as well as they look. only tent I’ve ever had tear from use. right behind the flaps on the “door” part I had to sew the tops and the bpttoms.

2 Likes

Looks pretty slick man

1 Like

As long as you’re growing some good weed in those tents, then there’s really nothing for her to be upset about :wink:

2 Likes

Better not let her find out how expensive those gorilla tents are!

1 Like

I believe that.
Its unfortunate the “quality” standards these days. The shorty tent has a fucked up zipper that will not “receive” the other end. Took me almost an hour to install the 9" exension due to that. Lots of terrible stitch work as well.

2 Likes

She pays the bills, lol. She’s to the point now, she presents me an invoice each month and I give her money.

Plus, you know whats inside those tents costs waaaay more than the tents themselves! And do I REALLY need two 2x4 lamps when I only have one 2x4 tent!? Guys gotta have choices, right? lol

All this and more has been purchased since I started growing April of 23. Thousands and thousands…

Its all good. Since then, Ive had two harvests and pulled over 26oz between both. Keeps me and those I give a shit about… In weed. Helps with wifes migraines as well. She doesnt vape or smoke, but will take my edibles.

6 Likes

We’ll just say she’s “cool enough” about it.
She def not a “weed head” and was raised to hate the stuff. Times change. She will ONLY take edibles if her migraine gets so bad that her prescription doesnt help.

And yeah. It is “good weed” in the highest sense!

2 Likes