International brick weed

Why are all my memories of great tasting pot of good brick. Light green in color. 900 per pound.?
There are certain strains iv smoked in brick form from all over the world that I know I’ll never taste again…

7 Likes

Got a friend who found some old mexi brick seeds from the mid 90s. He got like 7 of 20 to pop with 2 being male. He dusted a few branches and I was able to score a few beans. Hope to run them someday soon.

7 Likes

I have about 20 seeds I got from some brick not even 10 years ago.I think I was between grows and couldn’t afford good weed. It stood out compared to the other brick weed I was smoking, it was better than the rest. It wasn’t compact brick but I remember a really big bud that was flattened and stomped on. I really wish I could grow some out, the seeds are really big.

9 Likes

Send them to someone who can, maybe do a seed run since there’s interest in old genetics. Especially if you know where it came from. I’m doing a germination test on a small jar of bag seeds I collected, some are around 10 years old.

4 Likes

I have plans for them, I just have other stuff to take care of first. I also have 2 or maybe 3 seeds I’m going to breed together and call ‘Flea Market’. They were in a small baggie with aliens on it found inside a DVD case at a flea market, also had a piece of foil in the baggie, no clue why. the baggie says “SBSS” or something along those lines, small seeds but hopefully those sprout.

i believe the brick weed came from a mexican cook in the back of a pizza shop, lol

3 Likes

here’s a pic of the two, the mexi brick seeds aren’t gigantic but still pretty big. the flea market baggie says SDMB Old or SBMD Old. either way the guy went through the trouble of labeling it.

3 Likes

Those are some Robin eggs there.

2 Likes

I have a couple seeds left from a the last brick of the “tennis ball green” stuff. Being in NM we usually got the best of the commercial stuff from Mexico.

I grew a couple years back, they came out okay for being grown in a PC. :rofl:

11 Likes

:joy:
the flea market story alone, and how ended up there, makes them interesting enough to sprout and do a seed run of them!

3 Likes

yeah, that’s the plan. you all commenting on them makes me want to move up the flea market seed run instead of another plan i had. couldn’t hurt to find out if they’re good or not. it has the story but it’s probably not the next chemdog… you never know, lol.

2 Likes

Wait, wait… $900 for an elbow of brick? I am so sorry for you, OP… Currently medical quality around here is going at 1200… Asking nine hundo for a brick of shit might get your balls up in your tummy. People round here are fucking nuts though…

1 Like

Hey man. The 900 lb brick that I mentioned was far from shit. I don’t know what you been getting but the full brick that I was talking about is fantastic. It was better then all my friends kb, Nuget, bud, or whatever people called it back then. Then unfortunately I lost contact with that source and it was hit and miss. Then shortly after nugget flooded the streets and a lot of that was junk. It’s better nowadays but I still think about that sweet tasting brick I use to get

Any chance you started smoking less than 15 years ago?
That was around when the cartels began moving their operations northward and bricks became decent nugs, just pressed into a kilo. The brick I speak of was $200 a pound max, probably spent 20 years in storage before being smuggled up, and was still the entire plant, not just sensi buds.
An ounce required a steak knife, a grinder, and about an hour to get smoking. I wouldn’t call what we called brick ‘weed’ in any sense of the word

2 Likes

I think that’s a great idea! Find something good. Breed it, and do a seed run…

I been smoking for 20 years. There were all kinds of brick around. Chicago isn’t to far from me so who knows what I was getting. There was a lot of shit weed going around especially the type of brick that you would call more flat then anything. What I’m talking about was pressed so hard all the seeds would be smashed. The few that were in it, and you couldn’t pull a full bud from it. It was always light green and just kick ass. I don’t understand genetics very well but it seems today’s nugget has a more subtle taste just not stand out punch u in the face like I’m talking about. I would gladly pay a grand for what I was getting say 2003 to 2008.

My point still stands. If you were getting the same garbage as me, you wouda been pissed off twenty years back at 2 bills, and over a stack for it? God no. THC %s were in the single digits. It was literally undried, untrimmed full plants pressed into cement dense kilos and then stored at least 5 annum pre-smuggling.
There was nothing redeeming about that crap, and I am sorry but to say otherwise is nostalgia.
/lives in a border state

1 Like

See the crap weed that was floating around here was what your explaining. I’m sorry you never had the chance to try anything good. Hope u got your money back

What in the world? I don’t understand where you’re coming from… 20 years ago I was growing my own and I guarantee from my location I’ve seen every possible commercial brick coming via Mexico. Once the bricks hit Sinaloa it’s 5 hours of no-hassle driving to this locale.
I do not see how anyone North of us would have seen bricks of kind we weren’t privvy to.The logistics don’t add up there, man. No offense, just looking logically at this

1 Like

I highly doubt all the brick we were getting was coming from Mexico.

Then it wasn’t classified as ‘brick’. If it was K2 from Canada; It was known as Beasters, I believe. Bricks of wet plants are a 100% Mexican product. Beasters however deffo had actual nugs and was smokable

1 Like