Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 3)

Welcome to overgrow @dankisdope, @toerist123 and @Exodi!!

8 Likes

Welcome to OG @toerist123 and @Exodi . :v:

10 Likes

Welcome back to OG @Exodi !

6 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow !! @Exodi :herb:

5 Likes

Welcome eveybody :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome to OG, @toerist123 and @Exodi! You guys are going to have such a great time here! :+1:

8 Likes

Hello everyone here at the legendary OverGrow!

I go by HillBilly but since the handle was already taken , and I’m a Haze junkie I added it to the end.

Let me start by saying I’ve been an underground cannabis grower, collector, preservationist, student of all things vintage cannabis. My journey began around 20 + years ago in 2003 . I had smoked lots of Mexican brick weed, until I worked with a gentleman quite a few years my SR I was 17 years old working as a sacker at my local grocery store. I had a routine of putting my eye drops in before I would smoke and spray a few sprits of cologne on and head to work. ( eyes never turned red) there was a new checker I was sacking for and he was completely stoned out of his mind eyes red as I’ve ever seen . So I finally built up some nerve and asked if he smoked ( obviously he did ) he told me yes and if I wanted he could smoke me out at our lunch break so I happily obliged. Lunch time he jumped in my truck and he rolled up a nice swisher. I’d never been so high/ stoned when we punched back in and man’s our lane we we looked at each other and I’d never smiled so big! I was so high I was sacking packed meat with the produce and about every wrong way you could possibly sack . Later I asked him if he could sale me a sack after work he told me to follow him to the house he was staying. So we took of to his house and he introduced me to his roommates and they pulled out 3 five gallon buckets of different weed filled almost to the brim. He had told me that I had smoked the legendary Strawberry cough ( Kyle kushman’s)
So from that day until now I’ve never touched brick weed again. I started to go to my local books-a-million and stumbled upon the cannabis bible, and Jorge Cervantes grow books, reading for free every thing I could learn about growing chronic . Then I found out you could order seeds from the Netherlands and so my first pack I ordered Nirvana’s Kaya Gold. It arrived within a few weeks and so my love of growing cannabis and collecting genetics began. A year or so later I started to become a member of the caries forums thcfarmer, grass city , roll it up, and finally here at OG . I’ve made a few friends along the way bought and shared as well as received a hoard of throwback classic heirloom / old school legendary genetics from ALL over the world . I feel very grateful for the circles I’ve been let into and the trust that has been bestowed upon me with these different populations and generations worked to preserve and combine to make new creations. So there’s a brief history and introduction into my experience with cannabis. Take care everyone and look forward to forging new friendships and meeting fellow preservationists like myself.
Blessings,
HBH

29 Likes

Warm OG welcome @Exodi & @HillbillyHaze :slightly_smiling_face:
Glad y’all made it here.
:v:&:green_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you kind sir happy to be here!
Respectfully,
HBH

5 Likes

Welcome back home to OG always glad to the og’s making their way back home.
I remember when this site went away for a while sad times but now we all get to rejoice and share with old and new friends on here.

7 Likes

Welcome to OG !! @HillbillyHaze
cheers

5 Likes

@HillbillyHaze, welcome to Overgrow.

5 Likes

Welcome to OG @HillbillyHaze ! Awesome story my friend, looking forward to seeing you around :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Heyo! I am 30 years old and for work I am a buyer in the retail cannabis industry. I love working with cannabis and love growing it even more! My other interests are playing music, sports, and being a Dad. I am happy to be on OG! From the threads I have gone through, this seems like an awesome community without the drama, disrespect, and ego that a lot of other forums contain. I love the positivity and willingness to share knowledge here. I truly value my relationship with cannabis and it is good to see a community of people who think the same way.

I have been growing organically for about 5 years and each year I get a little better than the last. I love learning about nature and trying to replicate it in my grows. I have never been more passionate or interested in anything in my life. I believe the spirit of cannabis is intertwined with the spirit of human beings. It truly is an incredible plant on so many levels.

I am a registered caretaker for my mom who has been a medical patient since she was diagnosed with Glioblastoma 1.5 years ago. I legally grow for her and make full spectrum RSO with my lowers and trim that really help her. It is one of the most rewarding things I have done in my life to be part of my moms care team and help her fight cancer. This plant has given me the power to help someone I love and I will forever be grateful for that.

I have a 4x4 tent in my garage with 2 MH SP3000’s where I am currently growing 3 Doom Berries from Sin City Seeds in 15 gallon fabric pots. They are about a month old and looking very healthy.

I also have a 3x3 tent in the garage with a MH TSW2000 where I am growing 4 Strawberry Milk and Qookies Remix from Nightowl in 2 Earthboxes. They are about 3 weeks old and all but 1 are growing at a good rate.

I also currently have an outdoor grow going on my back deck where I have a variety of plants at different stages. There are photo fems, photo regs, and auto fems in pots ranging from 2 gallons up to 10 gallons. Some were planted at the beginning of May and some in June.

My soil mixture is 1 part FFHF, 1 part local compost, and 1 part pumice. I then amend with a little buildasoil craft blend and that is it! I like to keep it as simple and cost effective as possible.
I top my soil with compost, then cover crop seed, then straw mulch.

I have incredible water up here in the PNW. I aerate it for 24 hours with a pump and airstones. I use BAS Quillaja extract as a wetting agent and always a little freeze dried coconut water and cycle through Recharge, Rootwise Mycrobe Complete, and EM-1 about 1-2 times a week.

I top dress with compost and craft blend every 4 weeks. In the Earthboxes I like to really pile on and mound the compost under the plastic mulch cover.

I will post some pictures and better descriptions of my grows in the future.

I am so happy to be here! :v:

28 Likes

Welcome to OG @GROWER , make yourself at home. :v:

9 Likes

Welcome to overgrow @HillbillyHaze!

6 Likes

Welcome to overgrow @GROWER!!

6 Likes

@GROWER, welcome to Overgrow.

6 Likes

Welcome to OG !! @GROWER Glad to see you here! :herb:

6 Likes