Introducing BudBusterPro

Not surprised…abamectin has been around for 15-20 years and used heavily in commercial ag.
There is a LOT of resistant mite populations to abamectin…

Both the top two will pass all state tests…just look at the PHI (preharvest interval) for a crop like strawberries or lettuce varieties and you will know your safety factor…

The TetraSan is not even a poison, being an insect growth regulator it’s not even tested for.

The best thing to do with mites is choosing TWO good miticides and ROTATING between the two on alternate sprays…consistently using the same miticide will inevitably result in local reisitance to the material…FWIW

4 Likes

I’ve been doing that with the neem and safer. I’ll add the other 2. I didn’t have mites for years and got these from a local guy. Never experienced such resistant mites. Only reason I have not trashed everything is I’m not sure I’ll be able to get them back

2 Likes

Understood,
I think you’re going to be pleased with your results.
The TetraSan/ Floramite rotation will probably impress you with their effectiveness and it’s always very comforting to know you’re prepared for all circumstances…

2 Likes

tells you how much confidence I have in bobs knowledge.

5 Likes

Dang, you went in bigtime Booze!!!

You are set for awhile…of course you do have a big garden…

You see any WPM show up, hit it with a 50/50 dilution and it’s a one and done…

2 Likes

Not cool, I was about to go grab some of that and then I saw all the carnivorous plants and started adding to my cart and let’s just say my wife’s going to be a little upset :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you my friend. You’ve saved me time and aggravation. That bucket delivered 140$. If it saves one case of wpm it’s worth double to me. Even after I cut it out I’m still Leary. You know that shit spreads like wildfire. Better safe than sorry. :leafy_green:stay lit​:leafy_green::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sorry Dr. Vit !
You have any kids, grandkids, those carnivores are going to be a HIT…
Tell the wife you bought em for the kids, and she’ll probably have a whole different attitude!!!

I’ve gotten away with buying a few toys I wanted and passed it off on the grandkids!!
Worked like a charm!!

5 Likes

@Boozer, I’ll post this here for you…it’s also in the hypochlorous acid thread…

OK SOME UPDATED INFORMATION !!!

If you purchase either Agrowlyte or Danolyte here’s some information that will help you out!
The manufacurer of Agrowlyte/Danolyte does not use vinegar in their process…no big deal …the ppm are still there…
Here’s what I suggest you do:
When you receive your bottle or even if you’ve used some of it…pour it in a large container and ADD WHITE (distilled0 VINEGAR to drop the pH to 5.0…this will do TWO things for you…

1. Hypochlorous Acid is stable betweem pH 3.5 and 5.0… Another words at pH 5.0 it is 99.7% ACTIVE. At pH 6.5 it is only 90% active.
  2. By adding the VINEGAR the sodium in your mix will be converted to sodium acetate, thereby diluting the concentration of salt (The sodium is still there but in a less ACTIVE form) This should eliminate most of the salt deposit you see on your leafs…

If you bought the generator great ! You will need to purchase the chlorine indicator strips to accurately determine your ppm. Also when your mix is finished (regardless of ppm) do the same thing…ADD the white (distilled) vinegar until you have a pH of 5.0…this will maintain your potency, whether or not you decide to store some for a rainy day!!!1

Hope this helps! BTW the FloraFlex DOES use vinegar in the process…their product is pH 3.5 out of the bottle !!! DO NOT BE CONCERNED WITH THIS pH…this is not a nutrient and a completely different animal!!

Remember @ravenchief applied the FloraFlex full strength pH 3.7 on his initial test plant!

With the 5 gallon bucket, I would pour about 1/2 cup of plain white (distilled) vinegar in the top…stir it up well and take a pH…you want to get it about pH5.0 or lower…
the advantages are mentioned above

6 Likes

As usual a human encyclopedia. Thank you again sir. I’m on it!

2 Likes

I wonder if I might ask for some advice.
I have never used BBP on my GDP mother that I am considering reveging.
After the chop, should I wait for a bit before first application? Also, would the treatment be the same steps with dosage building up to full strength on a new plant? I assume it would but it’s better not to assume too much. I’m just hesitant to stress a plant that is going to be stressed already. If I loose her, finding another of that pheno might be near impossible. And my four clones from her didn’t make it because I had to deal with crap out of town for too long.
Thanks much.

2 Likes

@MoBilly,
Thanks for the question!
My advice would be to leave as much leaf mass on the mother as possible.
Go ahead and remove all your harvested bud and give her a 2.5ml/8 oz application immediately!

BBP will NEVER ‘stress’ a plant when applied at the recommended rates! In fact, by greatly increasing the metabolic efficiency, does just the opposite. I would repeat that 2.5ml/8 oz application every 7 days…Let us know how she does!
Bob

1 Like

Thanks for the help Bob. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Much appreciated.

2 Likes

I remember how long it took to get her back up last time. The difference will be noted.

2 Likes

As promised.

This could be interesting. I decided to use one of my clones for this due to it having better vegetation on lower branches to work with. I could have left more but I think this will suffice.

8 Likes

Thanks for this @MoBilly !!

3 Likes

I’m glad to add something to the conversation. I had plans to do a comparison with several clones. Unfortunately I had problems and all but this one died (failed attempt at STS on one other so she was wasted so five of six died). So I’ll use her for a little experiment. Make lemonade when handed lemons. lol

3 Likes

Bob,
I had let this girl go so long that the only thing left was some sparse buds. Most of the leaves were faded and gone. The mother plant was about the same shape when I re-veged her so this should still compare well I think.

2 Likes

No worries,
I’m completely comfortable with your testing protocol.
We’ll have plenty of time to complete the program and I appreciate your efforts !

Bob

3 Likes

So…are you looking for LATERAL branching???

6 Likes