IP Camera in the grow room

I remember the news being like “he used to fight the drug war. Now hes helping people grow and sell drugs” LMFAOXD good on him forsure.

2 Likes

I recommend a zmodo u can get on amazon for 29$ An it’s hd it also has a two way speaker built in best money spent in the grow room

2 Likes

Title pretty much says it, looking for the best ip camera I can use in my cab/s for remote monitoring.

I’ll need two so let’s keep em under 100$ each

2 Likes

I am interested in this too, to have some security, I’d like to place one to look at the main door of my house.

4 Likes

I have been meaning to look into this type of camera for a long time, but never got around to it.

There are tons of cheap USB cameras out there. Are there any matching Apps that let you view them on-line or over you’re wifi network?

You dont want to be broadcasting this to your neighbors, so security will be an issue…

2 Likes

There is a way to use sonoffs ewelink app in conjunction with an IP camera. I am still to figure it out but it’s the all in one solution for grow room automation as far as I can see.

1 Like

I’ve had my eye on these. GrowMau5 talks about them on Grow tube. You could talk to your wife while she’s tending the plants…

https://www.amazon.com/Zmodo-Wireless-Two-Way-Security-Camera/dp/B01HH3UWU0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1521645260&sr=8-3&keywords=zmodo+camera

2 Likes

I have no problem switching apps for all that…

3 Likes

Or switching apps. I’m striving for out the box automation so trying to simplify things as much as I can

1 Like

Hey @Jellypowered i moved it here because there’s a lot more info on the subject and more people may benefit from it.

HppHrvst

2 Likes

I think they know what they are selling it for…

If you want to chat auto systems I also have been building one for 18 months now, got it to the stage of 1 year data on device, PH,EC,water temp, air temp, humidity. Can regulate all of those if the right device is added and activated via relays.

I know what you mean about bare parts cost though, mine currently runs over £1200 just in parts, no labour. Most of that is pumps+PH/EC sensors not the box

I plan on retailing them at some point but the cost will be around the same price point as the currently available dosers although the feature set, accuracy, and utility will be much higher. I hope once I start selling them to be able to get parts cheaper in bulk which should bring down the price some (possibly something like 30%)

If you want a good RH/Temp sensor that you can pull data from easily with something like a Pi, or arduino, you could do worse than a BME280. That link is an ebay listing with a buy it now price of £3 and free delivery…

It is an I2C sensor, humidity and temp to good accuracy, smaller than your fingernail (was designed for mobile phones)

This is a link to the arduino library for the BME280

EDIT : Got the wrong one initially, you want the BME280(which does pressure, temp, and RH%) not the BMP280(which only does pressure, and temp)

4 Likes

FLOUREON 720P Wifi IP Cam Support Pan/Tilt/ 10 Metres IR Night Vision/Motion Detection/P2P Mobile Remote View/Two-way Audio/Indoor Use SP012-White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IQJHBTY?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
I use this one… it has a speaker and mix… an app for PC and smartphones which gives you up down left right control of the fan in real time… has loads of features you’ll never use… sends movement alerts with attached pics… lol see who’s nicking your plants… very pleased with it it’s very reliable :grin::grin:

FLOUREON 720P Wifi IP Cam Support Pan/Tilt/ 10 Metres IR Night Vision/Motion Detection/P2P Mobile Remote View/Two-way Audio/Indoor Use SP012-White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IQJHBTY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_nKTSAbNBT64C7

Sorry for the crap link

1 Like

Nice camera man, unfortunately it says big and bold in red, it doesn’t ship to the US…

My bad… lol :no_mouth:
Have you looked on amazon.com

Passing thought, remember to consider security of the actual camera traffic when using those IP/network cameras. There have been more then a few that have been found with security flaws or that have been discovered “phoning” home. Firewall them in some fashion lest your neighbor could spy on you…

The ones @ReikoX linked have built in encryption, and those are probably the ones i’m going to get.

Edit: And ordered.

2 Likes

This is exactly what I’ve been looking for I am putting together a list of parts I’ll need for a garden arduino or Pi build to start of passively monitoring and working on actively controlling and regulating the grow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CW4BN5M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have on of these… it works quite well, and you can optionally record to SD card. I’m not using it right now so I may incorporate it into my setup now that you guys made me think of it.