IP Camera in the grow room

I recently found on amazon.com a wireless IP infrared camera with hygrometer and thermometer!? I said, that’s nice, it gives you a live feed of your plants (records no evidence) and has a two way microphone, in case your “assistant” is tending to the plants while your at work or something…

Whatcha think? Here it is…

2 Likes

Great idea. Ive seen security cams used inside many times:)

1 Like

Yeah @lotus710 it measures humidity and temperature, has night vision and a two-way mic!!! Plus you can check it from anywhere in the world… I’m getting one!

2 Likes

New Toys are fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This gives me some ideas…

Nice one @MadScientist

Stay Hazed,
Jake

1 Like

I ended up looking at one better, turns out his model in particular with the camera and all gets too hot just by “running”, at least that what 20% of the reviewers on Amazon.com commented. This is the link of the actual one i’m thinking of getting, maybe dunno…

For the past few years, I’ve been building a hydroponics controller DIY style and on the cheap. Long story short, it’s not as cheap as one could hope, but the closer I get to my goal of full automation, the more the expense is justified. That said, I offer that just knowing room air stats is not enough without also having the ability to do something with the information. I like the the OPs find, especially for the price, as I know technology can add up quick, and to have so much included in a single unit is a great value, though it would likely be wise to mount the device in a well vented area to dissipate heat. I actually might discontinue using my current temp/RH sensors and go this route, but only if I can intercept some of the data feed. Gotta do more research I guess. I’m glad I found this thread and am so glad this site has been resurrected!

1 Like

Will be running a 6 inch dcut fan in a passive system with two air intakes and the carbon filter. If that doesn;t do it, then i’m screwed. I live by the beach and the temp is very hot 100% of the time, even at night, so the light will run at night and in the day only the fan, i’ll let you know how it goes…

1 Like

In cali you HAVE to use an ac in the summer. I couldnt imagine getting away with one where you are broXD

1 Like

I have a portable 12,000 btu’s old air conditioner, and it will do the job, but it will also shoot the power bill thru the roof… Will have to wait and see… Thanks to all!!

Happy Harvest!

1 Like

LMFAO thats how i feel about plugging in my ac dudeXD thank god its only super hot out for about a week up here.

1 Like

Yeah no kidding man. If i really need to will have to run it but, maybe i can get someone to work the power wires and hook me up with free electricity for the grow room, if i can do that, will run the ac 24 hrs a day, and have the weed turn purple… HAHAHAHA

1 Like

Thats the best way to have someone unwanted show up at your doorXD hahahahahah

1 Like

You mean like a sup for the power company and trying to find if there are any irregularities? They don’t do much of that around here…

In the states yeah, i get it; but here man, i’ve known people who have free water and electric and have had it for years, it’s a very rural area, u know…

1 Like

Damn well thats perfect lmfaoXD up here they rip you off on electricity so if you did that youre fuckedXD

1 Like

Yeah no, i saw the documentary “Never get busted again” by the DEA agent… Real good info!

2 Likes

Love those vids! They def help out

1 Like

You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyAjLkBCWKI

I watched some vids with Barry Cooper and remember some sting operation he did to catch corrupt police officers…

3 Likes

Yeah thats it. Hes the man. He helped take down a bunch of currupt cops now hes making it so we dont get caught growing this deadly plant;)

1 Like

He says himself “I was arresting good people, whose only crime was to use MJ as a med”, he quit his job, now he’s like famous or somthing…

3 Likes