iPhone users beware

Imagine Tesla setting up road side checks for inspections of what you are transporting…

I know that zero hedge isn’t considered the most credible source of “news”…but this is an interesting article.

With the wrong people at the wheel this could be a dangerous tool. Where I live in in some areas of Portland Oregon…sporting an American flag elicits a similar reaction to openly wearing a swastika.

Wondering if my old tool collection will be of any interest to :apple:?…or maybe they’ll be more focused on those with imagery of US flags​:roll_eyes:

Before anyone freaks over this wrench…made in 1909 by Buffum tool company in Louisiana, MO.

4 Likes

My fridge, is spying on me.

3 Likes

Interesting to note. The Nazis stole / reversed the swastika from the Shinto religion. When I was in Japan on a business trip in the 90’s, I saw swastikas (well, reversed, I didnt realize it at the time, not exactly an expert on nazi imagery) carved ALL OVER the temple beams as decorative art, on temples that were 300, 400 years old. I asked out counterparts what this meant, thinking “damn, hitler had THAT much influence on Japan? I know they were allies, but this??” And thats when I got the education that it means good luck and healh in the Shinto religion, when reversed. And that hitler took it, put his own spin on it, and claimed it as a symbol for the nazis

In Japan, Swastikas Are Symbols of Good Luck and Health, Not Hatred and Nazis | Sydney In Osaka

5 Likes

Well, Samsung DOES make those smart fridges now. Its absolutely possible. I think your toaster is still neutral though…

2 Likes

they are just pictures of some weeds i like.
im sure they know what we do anyways. they got other things to start worry on since the war on drugs cost billions plus with so many unjust arrest and what not, they caused enough damage, so move on cause were not out looking to harm or hurt anyone and we mind our own business and we like to help other enthusiast the same fulfillment we all have for growing, so again i say move along mr police man, unless you’d like to puff it up with me. haha

1 Like

I get the spirit of this post but anyone who uses android and thinks they are safe is dead wrong. Ask yourself this, has the FBI and other federal agents ever tried to demand that android operating system out in a back door so they can access people’s phones? There’s a reason they had to go after apple tobtey and force them to do that but never a peep about android phones.
The reason android phones are so versatile is because they are so easy to hack. That also means while you can get tons of secondary apps, the feds can also just open up and access your phone without any problems. Same goes for the google cloud.

Actually they stole it from the Hindu religion as they also spent ALOT of time in Tibet looking for the origins of the Arain race.

4 Likes

Yep. It’s very deeply rooted in Buddhism also. You’ll see swastikas in Buddhist and Hindu sites worldwide that long predate the Nazi party.

I don’t think much of the Apple initiative mentioned. Of course, CP is disgusting and exploitive and needs to be tackled, but this is further opening a door that should remain closed. The truth is, however, if you have ANY online presence, you are already being monitored. Things like VPN, SOCKS, Tor, etc. make it a little more difficult for LE, but they can and will find you if they really want. That’s the painful reality.

3 Likes

I am shocked anyone thinks anything they do online is out of view of prying eyes. I can also remember the days of returning pages from different payphones " just in case " lol

I don’t have a cell phone but my lap top absolutely listens to me and the following is how that was verified.
I was on my house phone talking to someone I grew up with about a school they went to for high school. It was a school for learning disabilities. I am not involved in that type of thing and have absolutely never searched for or viewed anything online about it.
Well not long after that phone convo I started being pushed ads on various sites for that exact school.
If there are internet connected electronics anywhere around you IMHO it is a safe bet nothing you are doing or saying is actually private. Tinfoil hat NOT required

4 Likes

Same experience. Different product. Too specific to be random…

3 Likes

more than likely was all smoke a mirrors to gain trust in the communities and like most things ran by billionaires sold for profit or used to get ahead in the field

if your talking about alexa thats not true, alexa was the main witness in a murder trial

1 Like

I know nothing nor have I mentioned anything about Alexa.

1 Like

so i should prob stop taking pics of my junk to try and find better angles as they might assume … nm :expressionless:

Nope take more haha maybe write something smartass asking if they like what they see?

As for about them monitoring, I was raised paranoid that they could be listening at any point and to not trust our government to begin with. Unfortunately that paranoia also extends to life in general

1 Like

That’s shitty. I was actually thinking about switching to iPhone when this phones paid off for the accurate par meter(accurate compared to the Android version anyways)

A real par meter is cheaper than an iPhone :wink: and it doesn’t go obsolete in a year :wink:

4 Likes

This is true. Just found one on Amazon for $165.

1 Like