Is it ok to make BOG seeds

It’s not like you need males to breed at this point; females can carry any gene a male can except sex chromosomes.

3 Likes

I was just thinking of offering something different than what’s being made available kind off , and way down the line after dust settles he could make reg preservation seeds with the kept male if needed : )

3 Likes

That makes sense to an extent and I will preserve some pollen but I think fems kind of defeat the purpose of a preservation. I feel regs are really the best way to preserve the lines. I suppose if BOG production ramps up it could mark the end of these preservation runs but for now we just dont know what’s coming.

10 Likes

Ok well this was just pointed out to me so I feel so much better, here is my answer from the man himself. Thanks for pointing this out @ChronicMcBudz.

26 Likes

I would say as long as they are not sold for $$$ it’s fine to preserve.

7 Likes

For historical context checkout Daytripr69’s Sour Strawberry grow and see BOG’s interactions in that grow log, especially his first.

No Worries Brother!

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Thanks @Gpaw , someone just pointed that out to me and I quoted BOGs response so I am pretty happy now. The man himself said it’s cool to F2 his seeds and give them away as long as not sold as BOG seeds. Since none of the seeds I produce will be sold I feel like I now have his blessing which means allot to me. I just didn’t want to be disrespectful but now with BOGs blessing we move on and both runs will continue. Thanks all.

15 Likes

I think once you have the seeds, do what you want to, unless the breeder says otherwise. Just don’t attempt to profit from his name. (I know that’s not your intention @DougDawson )

It’s about having fun and keeping the fire going!

6 Likes

Make seeds, and be open and honest about what it is.

What I wanna do with all my seeds is give 1/3rd away, keep 1/3rd for making even more seeds, keep the rest for safekeeping and future crosses.

8 Likes

Absolutely, seeds will be made. BOG himself said he is fine with making F2’s as long as not sold as BOG seeds so onward we go. To me that made the difference so I have no issues now.

8 Likes

Bog never had demand like this while he was alive. Imo he deserved it since 03. Jr drops and you can watch the packs sell. If you publicly giveaway its gonna eat into that demand. May only be a fraction.

3 Likes

So far it is what BOG Jr. may feel versus what we know BOG thought with seeds from before Jr took over. Dont really see how Jr.'s thoughts would supercede his Dads on these specific seeds if they even were different, or that his thoughts would be relevant in this context regardless.

5 Likes

That’s true, it’s not fair to project a different opinion onto BOG Jr. just because he hasn’t weighed in.

1 Like

In a world of unknowns its best to anticipate every outcome.

2 Likes

Even if BOG Jr. doesn’t agree with his father’s stance on the genetics its debatable that it’s even his position to overrule what his father said while he was alive.

1 Like

So you wouldnt take Jrs words into consideration?

If BOG Jr.'s opinion is that it doesn’t matter what BOG Sr. said while he was alive and reproducing BOG’s genetics for completely non-commercial use is unacceptable in direct conflict with what BOG said, I would not automatically take that as a guideline for what to do.

I wouldn’t necessarily reproduce any novel cultivars BOG Jr. generates on his own, but think about it this way, you wouldn’t take BOG’s own words into consideration because he passed away? When do the opinions BOG expressed in his life expire?

9 Likes

Agree :100: % :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Im just asking questions because someone has to. Im happy his genetics are getting out there. He would be sad his medicine isnt widely available.

2 Likes

The only issue I see happening is if your selling your crosses as an original, if money isn’t involved, there shouldn’t be an issue, and since the market is scarce, I wouldn’t have an issue.

Free the seed, smoke the weed!

3 Likes