Is it possible to prevent mold with

If you throw a bunch of completely healthy plants into a bad environment the environment will def have an influence on those plants so i disagree. Just as environment plays a role in pheno expression so does it with pathogens presenting themselves. Yea, healthy plants can fight it off better but having a healthy environment is more important than having healthy plants go into a sick environment in my opinion.

Can you put a heater in your lung room to dry the air instead of dehumiidifier? . Not ideal but its something else that can dry the air when your lights go out

2 Likes

I do have a space heater, however when it runs in that room it raises the temp of the whole basement, which i sleep in. I do like heat, but I prefer cooler when im sleeping. No biggie in the winter, but in july/augest in ohio, it would be a nightmare lol

1 Like

Yiu can use this page i linked and its calculator to find your sweet spot. I am actually a little low for perfect vpd, i coupd run my room at 65 RH with no issues because vPD is in proper range. Whe. You go outside if range whether higher or lower it will cause issues

2 Likes

2 buckets and rock salt, may plenty good enough as a less expensive small area dehumidifier.
Well that would be my path anyway.

4 Likes

Holy shit that is brilliant!

2 Likes

Can also use charcoal in buckets. Totally forgot about that method. Charcoal sucks moisture out the air.

4 Likes

Imo it will depend on the strain… however, air circulation/exchange is huge too!

1 Like

So doing some testing with my Current tent, my bedroom(the lung room) is 81F and 73%Rh, which was the same as the tent with lights out. BUT as soon as the lights came on, the temp went up to 91f in the tent but that RH dropped to 58%rh. IF the new tent follows the same pattern, I should be Ok, the temp will be a bit warm at 84, but if the humidty drop is the same I wont have to worry about that.

2 Likes