Long shot, but anyone got a trick for lowering rh?

Howdy everyone, anyone got a trick to lower rh? I’m really not trying to turn the heater on in my grow room especially it’s 95f outside and it’s getting up to 65 -70rh at lights off. Got good airflow but I cannot afford to get pm(got dr zymes just in case and sprayed yesterday as a precaution but idk about using it later in flower) my two options I’m looking at right now are running a space heater at the lowest setting which, but 500w is another 360kwh I’d rather not add to my electric bill. Or another heavy defoliation which at day 30 doesn’t seem like the right thing.

I get the feeling I’ve answered my own question kinda, I know shortcuts and tricks don’t work. heater or defol right? it’s just which should I do really.

1 Like

Bag of cat litter dont even need to open it. Just lay the bag in the room. Gets the stink and moisture in one. Change out once a month. Good luck happy growing.

10 Likes

They have some descant bags that you hang up over a pail and the water drips off of it into the pail. Remember them from my youth. No power required.

4 Likes

In my personal flower tent I run the exhaust 24/7 so that the humidity doesn’t spike when the lights go out. With the exhaust only on with the lights I spiked to the 60s/70s and got bud rot on one of my heavier plants.

7 Likes

Thats a great idea actually.

5 Likes

Learned it from a crime scene cleanup guy. :flushed:

8 Likes

I have exhaust running at full power 760cfm ducted outside and a 70pint/day dehumidifier. 75 gallons of soil in an 8x4 tent might’ve been a bad idea

1 Like

As for kitty litter, I can’t spare any for it, I have 4 cats :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Happy plants 🫁

“Silica based cat litter (not the clay based product) has been used as an effective dessicant for other purposes and does indeed work.”

Make sure you get the right kind.

2 Likes

For now at least. I’m just trying to keep ‘em that way.

12 Likes

Second dehum or a larger one is my suggestion some thing that can pull 3/5 gallons in a 12 hr shift .

3 Likes

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus 🫤 that’s gonna be an expensive $150ish I can already hear this mf asking for $100zips or $1500lbs over a small loan

2 Likes

I’m thinking for now, set ac to 85 and plug in the space heater.

1 Like

What’s your rh in the surrounding area? The outside exhaust should be keeping it stable with what the rest of house is. I find if my lung room ac is overworking and humidity raising I just open the door and let more house air in. Like in your case don’t open tent but open bedroom ,closet or whatever door to allow the climate controlled house air into the area.

1 Like

The tents room is consistent with it’s temp and humidity they stay within a couple points of each other. I thought about opening the door, but with 4 cats that’s not a great option 🫤😅 the rest of the house is probably similar, I don’t have a hygrometer outside of the grow but I’m in the south, it’s humid, 87% and sunny outside 🫤

1 Like

Flowers tents room got more climate control than rest of the house lol

2 Likes

Actually that reminds me I gotta go drain the bucket the dehumidifier drains into

1 Like

Haha every 2 days for me on that one

1 Like

I’m pulling ~5gal a day out the air 🫤

1 Like