Humidifier Suggestions? (Very Low Humidity)

First time I’m dealing with record low humidity… room is at 10-12%!

I got a 5x oversized humidifier ($200 / 3.6gal 3500sqft size rating). I literally have to fill it every few hours and it only gets my room from 12 to 22%. Thinking about returning it, but I can’t find any better alternatives.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a product that will actually get me to the 40-50% range?

3 Likes

what you already bought should do the trick, how big is the area your trying to raise the rh?

I have low humidity here as well but i can get the humidity up

3 Likes

Seems to me you’re pulling air out faster than it can be humidified? I use a 2 gal unit here in dry CO and it will last at least 24hrs with all my equipment controlled to run in cooperation with each other

3 Likes

very good point if your always exhausting bet @Blowingupjake is on to something

1 Like

that’s the funny thing I don’t get. I have an 8" exhaust inline fan. I turned it off to see if it would help and it made no difference to the humidity. (it is currently left off as I only have seedlings right now.)

room is about 800sqft. half is used for grow. half is pretty much empty atm. (drying etc.)

1 Like

you said your humidifier is going thru the water, it wouldnt be cold in your room…so its puzzling to me

800 sq ft isnt that big, trying to think why

you dont have a built in dehumidifier in your house furnace system?

1 Like

Dealing with a similar issue, not as bad but can’t seem to raise my humidity above low 30s. My area is configured in such a way that if I put a poly containment in one doorframe and at the end of one hallway, should be able to drastically reduce the area I need to humidify. Used similar set up to contain heat when doing exterior masonry mid winter here in upper Midwest. Tape and poly are cheap, doesn’t need to be totally airtight (better it is not) but will definitely help me to attain desired humidity in the wintertime in my basement grow area without having to run humidifier 24/7. Will post pics this week when I get it done, should take me 10 minutes once I have the supplies here…

4 Likes

And it’s only that room. I have a second room about half the size and that’s a steady 40-50%. (In fact, I’m using a dehumidifier in that room to keep it at 50.)

I can’t figure out what factor is keeping this room so low?!

2 Likes

Pond fogger and big tub or pail and a inkbird to control it . Works well in my 28 x32 room I can make it dam near Rain in there if I wanted .

11 Likes

that’s the next thing I was considering. Trying to see if I can find a ultrasonic mister somewhat local (or a couple days shipping at most.) Most seem to come from china with 3-4weeks shipping time.

Danny, is it possible that you’re hygrometer is off? If you have another one, see if the reading is the same.

BTW - are you seeing any issues with your plants?

2 Likes

Is there a return air intake in your dry room?

2 Likes

if your putting water in the air, it seems to be its going some where or your hygrometer is wrong can only suggest those little fog machines, they make a lot of humidity or mine does anyways

Didnt see @Sasquatch post before i posted mine, its the most logical answer to me

2 Likes

Maybe… I’ll throw a secondary one in there and check. But the reading on the actual humidifier unit is quite similar to that on the current hygrometer.

Yes, some twisted leaves on some plants. Usually at 25% it’s not the biggest deal. But over-night humidifier empties and I wake up to 12-14. Some leaves are twisted.

1 Like

There is, but I have sealed it off already.

Windows are sealed. (With split ac so no air exchange there?)

I only have 6 led units (quantum boards), and 6 oscillating fans on low atm.

Temp is around 27-28C (80-82F)

Currently not pulling any air into the room, and not exchanging any air out of the room.

With the humidifier running (getting it up to 22%), I can clearly “feel” a difference in the room. (versus without it running.)

1 Like

to be honest bro I am grabbing at straws, My grow room is magic when it come to heat, was before i turned it into a grow room.

Wait overnight? as in lights off? totally confused if thats so, thats when my flower and veg tent go way up lights off plants perspiring

1 Like

lol…the reason I ask is that I have a Milwaukee SM802 meter and often check the PPM of my RO water to determine when I need to change filters. It’s been reading 000 for months, but yesterday I tested the PPM of the nutes in my reservoir. Guess what? Also 000! I have no idea how long it’s been broken, but thankfully it hasn’t affected my grows.

4 Likes

I would not trust the reading on any of the 4 humidifiers i own, the sensor is on the power chord i believe which is on the floor, my hygrometers are on the top of the tent.

2 Likes

What you could do is get some pots or bowls and place them about with water all over the growing area … ( cheap and simple.!).
Are your plants suffering because of this, yet.?
Good luck with getting your RH up …!
Happy growing mate,
Gaz

1 Like

That is odd, if you have seven foot ceilings that is only 5600 cubic feet and a large humidifier should handle that no problem…you are having air exchange somewhere for it to do this. Maybe turn all fans off and try the lit candle test, see where your air is going to…

2 Likes