Is seed sex determination set?

Thank you!!

Y So, a female plant, tricked into throwing pollen, bred with another female plant , producing seeds. = feminized seeds?

Lol
Sorry I’m not so smart right now, I’m about to go to bed.

1000 likes and loves and thank yous!

I will re-read tomorrow !

Warmest regards

3 Likes

yes basically.

1 Like

I thought someone would eventually post this, when I first seen the thread. I’ve tried it before after a local grower I know told me about it and said he had great success. Surprisingly, I did get 9/10 females the one time I tried it. Using a scope really helped in seeing the depression up close and the volcano lip surrounding it. Good for taking photos to compare and review after too.

Anyone else ever try this?

2 Likes

I’m doing a sexing study I can easily use to falsify it.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t environmental effects on sexual expression only applies to intersex plants save for hormonal manipulation via cs/sts. Kinda like when a person takes a hormone boosting/blocking drug.

1 Like

When growing fem seeds, I used to notice that if I grew 2 plants one would be bigger than the other.
Then I notice I’d I grew 8, 4 would be bigger than the other four.
One day I noticed the bigger plant really resembled a male. It was so stocky I called it Amazon. You know like the warrior women.

2 Likes

At least they took the time to reply to me.

3 Likes

lol, oh well cactus said it was ineffective as well. That STS worked better! Called ReTain phytotoxic aka kills your plant.

1 Like

There is another ethylene blocker (1-MCP) as well. This one goes by the name PlantFresh, but is a Chinese company. I requested a sample without using the word cannabis, let’s see how that works out. :rofl:

1 Like

Found this while browsing around on the topic for 1-MCP, thought it may be interest. General action mechanism:

Ethylene Effects and the Benefits of 1-MCP 234-94.pdf (103.0 KB)

2 Likes

Cool! Sounds like this powder releases a gas which binds to the ethylene receptors indefinitely… science is so cool.

Lots of different modes of application. I like the idea of the tablets

3 Likes

I’ve gotten some emails about the 1-MCP. I’m saying I grow flowers, not really a lie, and requesting a sample. I’ll keep everyone posted.

Sorry if I got this tread off track a bit. Back on topic I think sex is pre-determined, but sexual expression can be altered with environment and/or hormones.

8 Likes

This is the best part about asking a question here! I get answers for questions I didn’t know I had. Appreciate the depth and breadth of the conversation friends :blush::ok_hand:

4 Likes

I was going to warn him that OP loves discussions about cannabis related things :wink: I’m not sure there is an off-topic to this thread, really heh ehh.

2 Likes

In today’s social climate I can appreciate this comment but also it is another coffee spitting moment lmfao thank you for that :rofl::rofl::rofl:
:dash::dash::sunglasses::v::canada:

3 Likes

Hmm just like us :thinking:

3 Likes

yah I think it’s proof that humans are definitely creatures of this planet. They call it mother earth!

2 Likes

Correct some 27 million years old I believe. Most of the family are in Asia, esp. China.

2 Likes

and how did your test go? 1-mcp becomes a gas. That would be problematic with other female plants in the tent, you would have to block it somehow with a sheet of glue or something.

1-mcp is also often included in these small cut flower packs

I was never able to get a sample.