Is this a good Loop for looking at trichomes?

Ermergerd! I’m cackling, like an evil stepmother. I’m going to go shopping and I’ll be sure to tell @Toker1 s wife which one I picked.

2 Likes

I can’t say about the new ones but the turtle is glass
Lens.

It been dropped, the kids broke the legs off it
And like 30 years later it’s still good as new
For viewing, no scratches and easily cleaned
Avoid the new plastic lens stuff if u you can
One opps and the innards are liable to
Fall apart.

1 Like

I use a cheap macro lense that fits right over my phone’s camera, I like it, too easy. I have also used those dicky little microscopes with a led in em, a real buzz kill trying to take samples and stuff them into the correct position for viewing.

I was thinking of getting something like that…somebody else mentioned it to. Which one are you using…the prices vary from cheap $10 or so to $30 on amazon?

Hated this one. Next im gonna go sherlock homes magnify glass. Then im looking at those plug usb ones

1 Like

Yes, alcohol and acetone will hurt some of these lenses, some of which are indeed plastic. I have found that use my mobile phone’s photo and video zoom functions, I can get close – even if I have to go back later and use the PC to examine the photos/video I just took.

I need to get a new loupe lol, the one I have sucks so much :laughing:

Took me an hour and a half to take this one picture of a fan leaf

The small ones are so hard to use, definitely get something a bit bigger than this lol

Yeah eBay or Amazon. Cant remember which one I got. There all probs ok. a little research should be easy enough to figure out the right lence for the job. Gl

1 Like

Using the camera on your phone is an easy way to look at trichomes also. At least it is with an iPhone.
The screen is large and you can zoom and focus easily.

2 Likes

I have a iPhone 13, the trichs are somewhat blurry

1 Like

I guess it depends on what you are trying to achieve, I am just checking to see if the bud is ready for harvest so a tiny bit of blurry doesn’t bother me.

1 Like

With one of these you can see up close like this. They are very good to have around .
Some aphids on my chilli plants. They connect with your smart phone through an app and you can take pictures and video.

So, what exactly are you using here…a wireless microscope. If so which one?

1 Like

It’s just one of these from Amazon. There is tons of different brands on Amazon but they are pretty much all the same. Can be connected through WiFi with your phone.

2 Likes

I actually have that baby… pretty good for examining the whole plant. Love that you can save images and document the maturation.

1 Like

I was looking at one of those to, I was thinking of getting one and a jeweler loop. What kind of app does it use…it’s own app or can others from the app store use it. I’m on droid.

Not sure if it’s its own App but I think it’s just a generic app that might work with other brands too.

Jeweler loupe looks so cool but found it too difficult to use

Just bought this one yesterday got her today and here are the pics

https://a.co/d/9ioFDDc

The clip it comes with makes it easy to record

1 Like

For $15 I got a micronata one with a light and focus knob. It is also handheld so you can zoom on the tricomes on that cola.

1 Like