More newbie pollen use questions

So I’ve got me some pollen. :slight_smile:

I would like to pollinate a smaller lower branch of a plant at wk 6 and leave it alone when I harvest the (hopefully) unfertilized majority at week 8ish, allowing another 4 weeks for seed development.

Does this sound like a good plan?

(I did read the pollen use section in GrowFAQ)

:evergreen_tree: BOG SourLifeSaver X TGA/HeroesOfTheFarm Conspiracy Kush :thinking:

1 Like

Yup sounds good. . .I put the pollen in a holeless clear bag and wet it on the outside of the bag without getting the inside wet and very carefully place the bag around 1 branch without releasing any pollen out of the bag. . .the tie the open end of the bag closed tight around the branch. . .leave on for a night and then poke a hole in the bag with a spray bottle on mist and kill all the viable pollen left remove the day and mission complete

3 Likes

hmm. i can move the plant for the procedure, as well as mist her neighbors. not too concerned with the random seed, just don’t need 1000’s ;).
the pollen is dropping onto a paper sheer in a closet. my first gathering the other day was into an envelope, off the live plant, and into the fridge…only after realizing the envelope had pin-holes at the corners…'Doh!
not sure how to apply refrigerated pollen & the condensation issue…my outdoor climate is hot & dry, so not too worried.

this isn’t my “big” seedpatch for the year either, but a good test & learning experience. :nerd:

thanks
:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

When you have the bag on the branch shake the bag I forgot to mention that. . . Film container with a small dessicant (how ever you spell it)

1 Like

4 weeks might be just enough time, but I might just select a few buds at the beginning (isolate using mist) and run a normal run. After 6-7 weeks from pollination, you should have some very healthy seed stock.

3 Likes

the plant in question has plenty of brown pistils at 45 days, and evidently because of the bT spraying. i will hold off on the bT spray for a few days(?) after pollination (or should i cover/isolate that branch when i spray?)

so, with a fair amount of new pistil formation happening, only clear trichomes observed, i’m gonna give it a go and still have plenty of BOG pollen for some others.

since i’m a beginner, i allowed some flowers to drop with the pollen, bu i’m pulling them out & putting up a screen for the remainder.

thanks guys

1 Like

i did as instructed last night & when i have some swelling seeds i’ll take a pic.

:v:

2 Likes

And I deliver(sometimes, 'like hella late yo, but i’m solid… :v: )
:camera_with_flash:

ConspiracyKushFxSourLifeSaverM

DurbanPoisonFxSourLifeSaverM

:thumbsup: :seedling: :vulcan:

3 Likes