Is your harvest day back breaking at the end?

Holy crap…around 6-8 hrs of trimming EVEN w a bowl trimmer, I’m amazed how much it takes out of the body and how sore afterwards. I’ve had to coat my back in biofreeze, and I still feel the ache along the entire spine. It made me wonder, who else is sore and exhausted after a long harvest day ? Share your thoughts on how you feel after the last bud is trimmed and put where it’s all drying…

14 Likes

Waaaaa… …I got too much smoke,… …waaaaa…

Just kidding. Sure is not easy, is it?

3 Likes

Yeah. It sucks. But it must be done.

I find switching up different scissors helps a lot.

3 Likes

LOL that’s why I got the bowl trimmer, I’d have no hands left. I have some kind of condition where all tendons seize up. Talk about the ‘tin man’…

1 Like

The last couple grows I’ve done I chopped the plants and cut all the fan leaves off and put them to dry once dry I put them in plastic 4 liter ice-cream containers to cure and during this step is when I trim them just a little but at a time whenever I have time I’ve actually found the end result better as far as taste and smell… Growing was suppose to be a hobby for me and it was getting stressful until I started doing this and now I’m enjoying it again.

4 Likes

Nice idea. Might be easier to dry first and then use silicone brush to clean it up, then touch up bit by bit while curing. I think I’ll do that next crop.Thanks for sharing :+1:

3 Likes

As a for my own and family & friends grower, I will take the abuse of harvesting and trimming ( and growing ) over the shady shit I did for a number of years for weed. As an example from the old days: page the weed guy, “I’ll be at x-location in half an hour…me, paranoid as fuck there for two hours…WTF…sometimes dude was too high or too deep in P&ss&y to make it! How much time did I spend in sketchy situations back in the day! Finger hash will help my old hands feel better, and an ergonomically designed trimming area is a must!!!

3 Likes

BTW, Biofreeze is awesome! So is @Sebring Comfort Cream (extra strength)!

“Yeah guy 15 more minutes.” Fuckers

1 Like

I will also strip all fan leaves a day or two beforehand to make the final process easier.

4 Likes

I will trim a few branches then take a break, and repeat.

1 Like

I put this on the meme thread while back. Another good spot for it.

7 Likes

I just don’t veg and flip all the plants at the same time, keeping days or a week from one plant to another makes things easier while harvesting … :sweat_smile::scissors:

3 Likes

If I get to where it looks like I’m gonna e overwhelmed, I just start take a few branches a day or I just cut and trim a branch at a time… instead of chopping whole plant and feeling like I HAVE to trim the whole thing

Take the tops and give the lowers a little more time. You’ll be surprised at how much extra they swell. I try to harvest in stages but like you I use a bowl trimmer. I grow indoors and average 6 - 8 Oz a plant. Using the bowl trimmer I average a plant every 90 minutes or so BUT they still require a manicure with some fiskars for bag appeal once they are dried. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for mentioning this I am gonna try this with my current grow when it’s time harvest the tops and let the rest go someone sounds like it will possibly increase my yields as well.

1 Like