It’s my 50 year anniversary

Of using cannabis.

Memorial Day weekend in US, May of 1973. I was 13 years old. A kid from school sold me a “doobie”, I took it home and smoked it in my parent’s basement while they were upstairs watching TV.

I think my first experience differed from many in that I was totally alone and didn’t have any peer pressure. I was just curious so I did it by myself. Probably says something about my personality, and that hasn’t necessarily served me well over the years. Anyway …

I did have to step away for many years due to my career , but I wanted to memorialize the anniversary of my first time. Thanks for reading.

62 Likes

Congratulations bud. Have a Doobie :slight_smile:

Edit to add that I meant to say happy anniversary, but I’m haf, so congratulations came out

3 Likes

Hell, I’m still alive. I’ll accept congratulations.

5 Likes

congrats on the 50th anniversary @Tripl3fastaction. How was your first Doobie? Probably got high as kite…:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

4 Likes

Thx! I actually have no recollection of getting high that time, I think it was the 3rd or 4th time before I realized “yeah, this is nice”.

In hindsight, it’s probably 50/50 if I was smoking cannabis or some other unknown weed …. Gotta give me props for trying though!

4 Likes

In my experience, lots of times the person insists, absolutely insists, they are not high, even though it’s clear to anyone else around that they are. Often it takes a second or third time to get it, @Tripl3fastaction. I didn’t believe I was actually high the first time I smoked weed (June, 1965 in my parents’ garage). I was probably high as fuck! And shit howdy am I ever glad I gave it another chance! rollitup

5 Likes

I don’t know the exact date it all started but I know it was about 24 years ago for me. You’re a year older than my dad. That says something about my personality lol

Oh you were big bold. Well I used to smoke in my room with a cover over my door but my mom smoked so I hoped she couldn’t tell the difference between her and me :joy:

3 Likes

Hell yea so cool @Tripl3fastaction . Wow this is the kind of anniversary I hope to one day celebrate too :+1:

3 Likes

Ha! I appreciate that vote of confidence, but “stupid” is probably more accurate. Thankfully my Dad smoked cigarettes at the time so that probably helped me escape detection.

2 Likes

I remember there was a myth around then that you didn’t get high the first time.you smoked it.

4 Likes

I’ll say if I was high I didn’t notice the first dozen or so times I smoked. Then on my 17th birthday after all my boys except one were passed out from jello shots, we step out to the garage and after a cigarette or two I ask if he knows where we can get some weed? And BLAM! Pulls out a dime bag. We make a Mountain Dew can pipe and burn about half of it. We’re sitting on the couch in the garage smoking another cigarette and I’m getting upset. My dude’s baked and I’m just not feeling anything… again. So I flick my smoke out the back door, look over at my friend and say “I gotta piss, be right back” I stand up and as I lose my balance and my head hits the clouds, I fall back on the couch saying “I can wait.” So while not the first time I smoked definitely the first time I got high, 26 years ago for me, this weekend. You set a “high” bar my friend. May we all be so lucky To reach it.

4 Likes

Happy cannaversary! :partying_face: :partying_face:

:green_heart: :seedling:

7 Likes

Happy first toke day!

2 Likes

Happy anniversary! I was like almost 2 months old😂

3 Likes

Happy anniversary

1 Like

from a (former) smoker who has had kids who tried that, she could tell.

1 Like

Congratulations on your 50 years of toking.
My first delightful smoke was in spring of 1967, and I then began my growing hobby in the spring of 1970.
Time sure does fly, and then accelerates.

2 Likes

In your 50 years of experience have you been involved in “Reefer Madness “ described by Wikileaks as-

“ - upon trying it, they become addicted, eventually leading them to become involved in various crimes such as a hit and run accident, manslaughter, murder, conspiracy to murder and attempted rape. While all this is happening, they suffer hallucinations, descend into insanity, associate with organized crime and (in one character’s case) commit suicide

1 Like

i wish that was a myth, after some 2 years of trying and not getting high. FINALLY I got some good smoke that worked for me and my buds who were starting to think i was a dumbshit for getting bunk weed allatime. And when I did get the good shit, … well, that’s another great story. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, the day the world changed …. Congratulations!

1 Like