Jack Burton's First Grow 2020

In my experience, if you are gentle and dont let the plant get root bound, transplanting is fine.

5 Likes

Thanks for the input. Would you say transplanting has any potential benefit to autos or is it neutral at best? I’m gonna transplant this time and see how it goes, might switch it up next round.

3 Likes

I’ve not seen a noticeable difference between transplanting and planting in the same sized final container. That being said, it’s more difficult to water a small plant in a big pot correctly. So there could be a benefit to a more novice grower.

7 Likes

Its all in the reflexes. :+1:

5 Likes

This is us right now :grinning:
6 Likes

There’s a lot of folks here with fine taste in cinema

6 Likes

Here’s the Samsquanch OG

And a picture of the other girls. I am 6 feet tall and they are over my head now.

There’s a good amount of ants roaming around so I was considering getting some neem or some diatomaceous earth to try and keep them in check. There has also been a chipmunk and a couple squirrels running wild but they have left the cannabis plants alone so far.

7 Likes

I Started to notice some white spots appearing on some of the leaves.

When I checked under the leaf I noticed a few tiny bugs crawling around. They are very tiny, pretty hard to spot with the naked eye.

It looks like it could be spider mites but I’m not 100% sure.

2 Likes

I had a few of those too with the same problem. Fortunately, so far I only found a couple. Knocked them off the plant and cut the leaves. So far I have not had anymore problems. Good luck

2 Likes

6 Likes

Damn. Any experience dealing with them? I’m thinking of grabbing some neem oil and spraying the plants down

1 Like

Last summer i had a issue with thrips and this is what I used and they were gone very quick and had no issues after.

4 Likes

I can’t say that I have never had them, but I’ve never had to treat them. The summer is too hot for those guys and so when I see it, the plant is usually larger and it doesn’t seem to get worse than about what you have right now. It may have to do with all the spraying of the leaves I have to do to keep the area cool. That insecticidal soap looks great. Also use the search tool in the upper right hand corner to look up ”thrips” or whatever else to see the possible threads that are already in existence. I could be wrong but I think the soap would be better than the neem oil for thrips specifically.

3 Likes

After doing some research, it looks like the insecticidal soap might be the way to go. It seems to be the most popular solution to the thrips problem, followed by neem and spinosad(which is apparently illegal in canada). I was already considering spreading some diatomaceous earth to help deal with ants so I might try that too.

2 Likes

Definitly thrips damage. Shame about the spinosad In CAN, that stuff works great on thrips.
fuck-a-thrips

5 Likes

I ended up getting some insecticidal soap but I was only able to get in one spray down before my plants started to go into flower mode. I’m not sure I want to spray the plants down with anything while in flower so hopefully that at least keeps the thrips at bay. I have been keeping a look out for any adults or larvae but haven’t been able to spot any. Here they are today.

The samsquanch OG is starting to frost up. It is a very tiny plant. Between the transplant, a really rainy month, and being trampled by a family of raccoons, I don’t think its veg period was very effective. But either way it’s chugging along and smells like straight up OG kush. Also, a spider that has taken up residence on it.

5 Likes

Plants really filled in nicely, good job!

1 Like

Some bad news, my samsquanch OG became stricken with bud rot and I had to cull it. Almost the entire month of August was rainy and high humidity, and early September hasn’t been much better. If i had been more proactive I would have taken it out of the rain once in a while. By the time I noticed the damage had been done.

My other plants are still kicking, and besides some lower leaves yellowing/falling off they seem to be moving in the right direction. Two of them haven’t been putting off very strong aroma, but the third one is starting to smell like grapes and has also been putting on some purple in the leaves.

2 Likes