James' Money-Pit Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Octopot!

I seriously have a music store at my place, and I havent played in years. Too many cabinets to count, and just as many amps and guitars.Thats not even counting what my kids mom may still be sitting on in AZ…

Just really felt the need to bring some stuff downstairs in an attempt to spark things up and move past my depression and pain and play a bit. Im always downstairs, so why not?

2 Likes

I’m getting there too! Ha… several guitars… a banjo… a ukulele in there too somewhere…

Let’s start an OG house band man. :sunglasses::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Been Cannatroling since Saturday evening.
Here’s random buds…

3 Likes

Man I wish I had a cannatrol! Looks really awesome!

I’m doing the lotus/low and slow. Worked pretty well last run, but takes like twice as long to dry.

1 Like

I was gonna try Lotus, and even had a mini fridge at the house to do it.
Do you use paper bags or pizza boxes? Do you cycle your fridge with a probe or just set to temp and go?
Ive seen some people stick their AC Infinity probes and use controller 69 to “Maintain” RH. Thats what I was gonna do, then just broke down and made the Cannatrol purchase after seeing over a full pound after dry loaded inside the unit.

1 Like

Did paper bags, and let the fridge handle the rest. Didn’t use any temp or rh controllers, but does sound like a good option to further dial things in.

It’s a magic chef 10 cu ft unit (I think) with the small freezer. Frost free. I tried testing with a mini fridge and rh was way too high. So I picked up this one. Was packed full after my 1st run!

2 Likes

Turned out pretty good I think!

4 Likes

That looks awesome, Lowender!

If it works consistently with minimal babysitting, I’d call it a winner.

I tried vaping one of my small Skywalker OG buds yesterday evening… Not ready for Prime-Time.
Been Cannatroling for over 2 full days.
I’ll just patiently wait until Saturday when the buds have to be pulled to replace with Blue Dream

2 Likes

Monday evening… Blue Dream Day 65 Flower.

This is an awesome one! She’s sooo ready…

She’s getting low. Gonna have to feed either RO water or nutes. Either way. she’s harvesting this weekend!

4 Likes

Here’s some in-tent cam shots
Day 67 for Blue Dream in Week 10… Go Girl! :100:

She’s empty today. :arrow_down: Gonna top with RO tonight.

Light down to level 6, Supp lights still going strong down below.
Temperature and RH right where I’d like them. PPFD around 500-600 now.

Thinking about making Friday a “Dark Day”… Turn off lights as scheduled Thursday evening at 9pm, then harvest Saturday morning.
If I do a lights off Friday, Should I even do an RO water feeding tonight? Or just let her go dry, and use her own resources?

Any thoughts from the gallery?

1 Like

Skywalker is looking good in the Cannatrol. Forgot to check the drip tray last night and this morning. Hopefully not too full by the time Im home this evening. Im sure that Im fine, as the water in tray has been slowing daily.

Have noticed the smell has gone from dank to grassy in the Cannatrol. Hopefully, thats just part of the process as it does its thing moving toward the “lack of smell” cannatrol weed is known for.

Otherwise, all is good on that side. Still going to pull her out and put in Grove Bags Saturday to make room for Blue Dream

Been right about 4 days into the 6 day dry as I’m writing this.

I try to time it so the plant gets water-only for the last fill-up before harvest. It doesn’t always work out, but that’s my goal. If the reservoir is going to go dry but the plant isn’t quite ready, I’d give it a little more water but I’ve never tried letting it go dry. As long as it isn’t for too long it shouldn’t have negative effects. Sounds like a good experiment if you find yourself with two of the same strain coming due at the same time.

1 Like

Decided to shake out Skywalkers In-bag roots. Look at those taproots!

1 Like

Cannatrol tray not too full yesterday evening. Doubt I’ll be emptying it again before the buds are bagged up Saturday afternoon

Buds are sure taking up less room than they did when loaded up this past Saturday!
-------------------------5/23 :arrow_down: ---------------------------5/18 :arrow_down:------------------------

No doubt theyre smaller than several days ago. Cannatrol doing its thing…

This is just one, but we did leave a few bigger buds during our trimming because the guys wanted some trophies to take home after theyre done, lol

Somehow, I suck at getting decent lit up trichome shots… they look sooo good in front of me with light on…
Maybe not the frostiest of exotics, but decent ILGM frost, lol…

Didnt have the time to weigh out the buds on shelves as they went into the Canatrol during the harvest. Might be fun to take the trays out and see what Im looking at roughly for Skywalker OG. Shes lost probably 90-95% of the water weight she’s gonna lose, Im sure. Been almost 5 days on 6 day dry.

5 Likes

How’s the aroma so far? I love how different strains develop during the drying process.

1 Like

As of tonight, unencouraging…

Going into cure, smells kind of like grass or hay still. Hopefully that will improve in the next day or two. Regardless of her State at the time, she’s getting emptied out to make room for Blue Dream this Saturday.

Happy Friday!

Blue Dream is in darkness since last night at 9pm. We’ll see her again tomorrow morning for harvest!

In other news, my LG washer just stopped working days ago, I bought a $10 part thats going to require me to move, flip over, remove stator and install part… All with me not having the strength to “literally” do one push up… In the hopes that its the right fix.
Or, do I take advantage of the memorial day sales and just get a new washer and dryer (dryer has ongoing issues) for around $1600-$2000 and be done with it until they go bad. Ive already done repairs on washer and dryer myself in the past few years. Theyre not too old at 5-6 ish years.

So the harvest is happening tomorrow with or without help. Blue Dream will take up residency in the Cannatrol, and stay there full term while Skywalker OG is in Grove Bags.

Im a bit worried about Skywalker OG right now. Still grassy/hay smell, but I’m hopeful. Ive done everything the way it should be done.

1 Like

Got home a little bit early this Friday.
Decided to take not one of the really great nuggets, but not one of the worst ones, kind of on the softer side and see how it is…

Still has the grassy hay smell all over the Cannatrol. It’s also on the bud itself.

Grabbing the bud and squeezing it did change the smell a bit. So I stuck it in the grinder…

Vaping through my Freight Train Pro, I did not taste or smell grass/hay, so that’s potential good news.
It is definitely in need of further curing, and I’m hoping additional time spent in Grove bags starting tomorrow will Aid in that.

Right now, it has a quick hit to the temples which is a little bit unusual being 80% indica Skywalker OG. It definitely has that kush fuel going on, and that’s just what I’m after. Still undeveloped and thin vaping. I will definitely finish off this bowl after I’m done posting💯

1 Like

Saturday Harvest Day!

Blue Dream Harvest Part 1

Gie’s small hands make everything look big…

4 Likes

Good luck with the harvest!

1 Like