Jaybeezy’s garden

I would assume that that they would be everywhere i don’t think he was saying that they’ll still to one plant but they’re more prone to do the most damage to the weakest plant. Haha

I see what you’re sayin @cannabissequoia. I like doing the nutes and stuff haha i bet once i have a bunch of grows under my belt I’ll be looking for other things like no till and super solid mixing my own but i definitely need to get some plants happy and healthy and some good harvests before i start to dive into that basics right? Haha i guess having multiple plants would give me way more experience than just 1 or 2. I did learn a lot about my green alien and hurkle grow sadly hurkle Hermed on me because i left my tent open after bed time and passed out with my lights on.

Smh rookie mistakes lol

Anyway i think she’s lookin happier i hope it’s a she i feel like i stunned it right before it was about to show me its gender :confused: day after feeding tho

sorry about the super rambles lol

She still got some droop at the bottom but idk she looks better to me I’ll get some natural lighting pics later

5 Likes

Also @cannabissequoia the foliar makes them eat more and i think that’s what i didn’t take into consideration i used it twice once a week and giving half strength. Kinda makes sense?

1 Like

Some natural bathroom light i took off some of the super clawed leaves but i meannnnnn

8 Likes

I fed Monday lol So now three days today i fed full strength as Scott ostrander recommended.

And since I’m kinda expecting to see an explosion depending on gender I’ll be up potting and go from there. I shoulda done some LST earlier but would it be too early to super crop? Since i don’t think I’ll be able to train her the way i want without breaking stems. Hell i might just flip it after gender reveal and see what happens? Bahaha idk I’m just spittin ideas

2 Likes

it’s ok to gently break the stems, it even helps; don’t truly break, just bend gently but repeat often. for me it can be 3x a day! :smile:

if you want to copy it you can be lazy & just cut a lower branch & put it in water, THEN flip-- cloning from veg is easier than pre-flower.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

@cannabissequoia cloning? Haha hmmmmmm i don’t have cloning materials…i might come Saturday i got a sample pack from cultured biologix coming my way not sure what it contains. I said i was interested in the EZ teas so that might be all they send me idk how they work.

If it’s the dr root then I’m pretty sure i can clone with that :thinking:but I’ve never cloned before :pensive: my biggest issue is not having the light to support numerous plants in flower

But super cropping?! Like breaking the fibers and tying it down. Haha yeah it’s never too early for that?

I have actually broke a main stalk from trying to LST in one grow it was a “Y” and snapped one of the arms not off completely but devastated i taped it just to see what would happen and it finished out the grow i was impressed

1 Like

Second feed was Thursday so she’s obviously loving the food

Lesson learned from this experience and the line.

Don’t use bloom Khaos foliar feed unless you have reserves in your soil because bloom khaos makes your plant eat more lol so i was spraying my plant with low PPM in my soil causing CANNA-balism :grimacing::grimacing:

Two factors that played in @cannabissequoia grow with this strain vs my grow

1. I was feeding full strength from the start as stated in an earlier post i conditioned this plant to want a higher nutrient load so cutting back to half strength every other watering was a no go
  2. I used bloom khaos making the plant more hungry on top of cutting back the nutes. Causing a slue of deficiencies mainly calcium which i learned from someone on here is actually immobile. Because it is the building blocks of cells in plant tissue.

So that explains the droop the discoloring I’d bottom leaves and stunned growth. It seems that @Explorer and i were both wrong :pensive: live and learn. But upon reading nectar #4 soil reviews ppl did say that they had issues at the end of the grow with the medium becoming super compact.

I was totally about to go back to FF happy frog🤣 and who knows i still might because having to start feeding in a seedling state is too much mixing up a half gallon to use a few ML is kinda a waste.

Future grows i might mix a small batch of 50/50 nectar #4 and happy frog for seedlings that way hopefully the nutes in happy frog would carry my plant till transplant.

10 Likes

It does look happier & that makes sense. :blush:

I gave up on pre-mixed soil when I discovered 1/2 of it is perlite & I can get that for about 20$/4 cu ft.

4 Likes

damn that’s a new perspective. @cannabissequoia I’d like to mix my own soil but one thing at a time. I need some happy healthy plants beginning to end (with the exception of minor things that may happen in a grow) but not only that but understanding plant science truly understanding and not just doing because someone said so. I think once i learn that and understand it I’ll be able to build my own soil based on what i know and going thru soil recipes on here.

I guess we can say bloom khaos gives plants the munchies

4 Likes

Yehh I said in the beginning to feed her up but you’ve definitely got a point on the feeding half strength after full strength mate. I would just monitor that stuff heavily as quite clearly you’ve had some issues with it even on the small seedling you started whether that’s because of not feeding it full strength or not I don’t know but I thought the idea with soil is that you didn’t have to feed it right away anyway :thinking:

Either way man glad you’re back on track just follow the feed chart for your line now. I would still do some plain water feeds here and there because you’ve already got what looks like salt buildup on the side of your fab pot. You don’t necessarily need to but it’s advisable bud.

3 Likes

@Explorer the salt build up is actually from last grow when i was using fox farms. Also with nectar for the gods fresh soil comes out to be 100ppm where when i did a test with happy frog it was like 800 or something way higher so the idea of the line is to kinda take more control like if i wanted to i can get a one shot they make and mix it in to go longer without feeding
I know your feelings about fancy lines and stuff haha and ya know it’s not for everyone it’s definitely different from fox farms which is the only other nutes I’ve used i might even do a comparison grow with nectar vs other nutes (gen hydro advanced nutes etc) probably who ever is willing to give samples honestly lol.

Yeah i ummm kinda gave up on the seedling lol

So the goal for this plant is to get my soil to about 300 to 400 ppm. I got my samples from cultured biologix today
So tomorrow I’ll be doing a slurry test see where I’m at and go from there it’ll be either a feed or a tea. All i know is the guy who told me about NFTG also used compost teas and his plants always prayed hard

5 Likes

Today is gna be a tea day! Slurry tests came out to be exactly what i want 6.4pH and 300ppm

Let’s see how she is tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

She looks the same today lol and thinking back i was told the microbes are dormant and i don’t have to dechlorinate my water so i don’t have to buy a dechlorinator but it might take a few days before i see results but ya know I’m back on track. I’m going to continue with the feeding schedule plus the feed feed tea feed feed flush method.

If this plant turns out to be male at least I’ll know what I’m doing.

Dr root i can clone with and it’s for transplanting so i can’t wait to use that. I love using new products lol.
What i think is cool is the insecticide Mercenary it’s literally just essential oils…and I’ve got em all except sesame oil
Not sure if it works but if anyone’s looking for an all natural insecticide then maybe try this stuff out or if anyone has any experience with it let me know

Mercenary by cultured biologix. I haven’t had bugs yet knock on wood i know my day is coming lol

(I’ve never been pulled over by popo either lol) I’m kinda proud of that ppl seem shook when i say it

Seedling was officially lost I’m not a fan of having to feed that early so i think I’ll get a bag of happy frog and do a 50/50 of happy frog and nectar #4 since happy frog seems too hot for seedlings and nectar is too light for my liking.

I shot Scott ostrander an email with an update of my plant pictures and all kinda asked him how i would maintain the 300 to 400ppm range with this line since i pour in about 700 ppm of solution and my plant is eating just about everything if i feed every time ppm will drift up so I’m assuming tea days and flush days are what control the PPM
of my soil. And when i say flush I’m not talking like your normal flush. I have to look more into it but according to the videos about this line flushes consist of a little more than a standard watering and the Herculean harvest is supposed to tie up any excess nutes and deliver them to the plant is that leaching?

I honestly appreciate the attentiveness from @Explorer and @cannabissequoia and @ReikoX y’all are a bunch of solid humans.

So come learn with me I’ll be posting my problems and findings

5 Likes

Also not cannabis but my mother is having problems with her calla Lillie’s she said they should be blooming but thinks there’s too much nitrogen for the leaves are like fake plant green lol.

That being said i said we need some phosphorus. In my opinion i think something is tying up the phosphorus like pH maybe the pH is too high they’re in pots outside she’s never pH’d the water.

What i was going to do is take a slurry test and go from there maybe giving some fox farms tiger bloom unless the PPMs are High and pH is out of wack.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ve never had to fertilize Callas Lillies… :thinking: They grow like weeds in CA climate. Heh. I’d been thinking they were “Calais” as in 'Fronch… :smile:

Try contacting this place, they seem experienced:

“If you have any questions about Coastal Callas and our products, please feel free to contact our sales representative using the link below. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to call the owner, Adrian at…”

2 Likes

Lol thanks! I’m in Colorado Springs very dry here. Are they in bloom right now? @cannabissequoia she said she planted in fresh soil this year this being the second or third year she’s had em
She’s like where are all my Lillie’s and knowing i grow she turned to me for help. Lol i think is a pH thing and it’s got plenty of fertilizer. Our tap water comes out at like 7.0 7.5 so just knowing what nutrients get absorbed where phosphorus would be mighty low if the soil has drifted up right. I’m just trying to use my canna knowledge with basic plants lol

bloomed & died off for summer because i don’t water them :wink:
they come back every spring.

city water should be fine.

2 Likes

Gahhh I’ll figure something out

Female?!?!?? Probably too early but it’s a sign of gender none the less

Anyway i moved to mid veg nutes get my microbes the food it needs with Athena’s Amina’s since it’s a pre digested molasses nom nom nom. Also gave a tad more water 250 ml more to be exact since i watered two days ago and she was already dry.

I hope it’s a female lol I’m not gna super crop till it shows me i didn’t even wanna feed it but i didn’t wanna stun it haha so whatever i hope in a few days I’ll know for sure

2 Likes