Jaybeezy’s garden

Yeah @cannabissequoia I’m backing off nutes for sure lol the new growth looks like it was mauled by a mini bear or something.

1 Like

It’s a tea day! Idk how I’m gna get reserves in my soil up if my slurry keeps coming out to 160ppm and giving strength and a half burns her i have contacted Scott Ostrander once again let’s see what he has to say

1 Like

There is no point in giving them tea if they dont need it, if they are burning then LITFA until its hungry again.

This is a problem I had when doing Organic soil and then trying to boost growth with additives, you end up with burn and lockouts constantly, and you run round in circles trying to figure it out.

Thats why I went to no till organic, just a tea now and again and occasional macro nutrients, and no more problems, unless I cause them trying to add too much of something, because I like to meddle lol.

6 Likes

i was told microbes only have a week life span so giving a tea once a week would be beneficial in keeping microbial activity up at least With these EZ teas. That’s what the president of cultured biologix said it could just to be to get me to buy his product.

I’m confused hahaha @Shadey

I see your point. I just understood microbes as bacteria that eats at things your plant otherwise wouldn’t have available without them like silica so instead of adding silica the microbes break down rock and limestone giving it silica more of a synergy than a nutrient for your plant.

2 Likes

Sorry my hands are not working properly this morning, hit post by mistske.

In a sterile environment they will die off but in a soil with food they mutiply fast.

I looked at what the tea is, on YouTube. It’s not what I thought you were doing lol, didn’t know you could by packet instant tea.

I thought you were making your teas from scratch and adding micro nutrients from a bottle as well.

So you’re using a system that can be over applied, unlike no till. Which will cause burn on the plant, by adding a bacterial tea you’re making more food available by increasing the population of bacteria and therefore making more nutrients easily available, your increasing the chance to continue the plant burning itself.

You are right the bacteria break down macro foods into micro foods and minerals, when the plants request them, using chitlin signalling.

If you put micro nutrients in, the bacteria become redundant, as the plants have a pre digested food source.

When you have both, you have the possibility of the plants absorbing too much, creating a burn. Especially if humidity is low and the plants uptake more water.

It seems an expensive and complicated way to grow organic, from what I see. I expect it gets easier once you have used it for a couple of grows.

4 Likes

@Shadey Makes sense it kinda sucks cuz how are you suppose to know if they’re are present. Ya know? I do think i have a lock out. Might do a light flush. But i guess for now lifta maybe it’ll sort itself out.

Cuz honestly all I’ve been doing is adding nutes lol and maybe I’ve pushed majority of them down now causing a lock out. And not showing up in my slurry tests :thinking: maybe i should water till run off

So when i get this EZ tea it’s a powder of dormant bacteria(how it was explained to me) so it’ll take a few days for them to become alive. But when watering in between what about chlorine? That kills them i think I’m delving too deep too fast or just overthinking lo

1 Like

I added to my other post. Read that first lol.

This is what I mean when I say I was chasing my arse try to resolve problems. If you don’t know what is causing the problem.

Yeah chlorine is not good for bacteria, do you let your water sit for 24 hour’s so it gasses off.

If they are burning, then just plain water and a bit of a flush. Heat and cold will also affect how the bacteria function, the cooler the soil the more they slow down.

When in doubt Litfa, lol.

2 Likes

AHHHHHH humidity may be an issue in my case.

But ok ok ok thanks for clearing that up

I wish i knew how to make my own teas ONE DAY but for now just getting some happy plants with smokeable buds

It is more complicated than using fox farm nutes and that’s kinda why i wanted to give it a shot i like more complicated things lol if you could tell from the model i posted in the other thread complete interior of the tank haha. They said it’s a more scientific way to grow i like science lol

2 Likes

I am the same, I like knowlege and a challenge, but after 2 years of not quite right, simple is good lol.

I can still cause problems if I meddle to much and throw off the balance, but usually just causes a lock out not seen burn since I started no till. Don’t worry you will get around to going no till in time, lol

1 Like

Now I am on the puter instead of my phone I can get a good look at the plant pics, you have a tiny bit of tip burn which is not bad could also be a potassium deficiency starting, if your plants are drinking a lot, due to low humidity.

The first year I did indoor I would get the potassium deficiency tip burn and thought it was nutrient burn. Hard to tell but overall the plant looks really healthy, you may be bordering on nitrogen toxicity, the leaves are really dark, the funky twisted new leaves may be heat or light, is it on one top branch or all of the new growth?

Overall they look really good though. If they were mine I would just go with some plain water, for a couple of watering’s and see how they do.

3 Likes

I think this is sound advice. They look a little on the dark green side too, also indicating a bit heavy on the feed. A little LITFA goes a long way. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

Awesome thanks guys yeah funky growth is all new growth and yes my water sits for more than 24 hours haha

Everything you’re saying makes complete sense @Shadey
I’m strictly on a phone so responding to long answers is a bit of a challenge But i can see potassium def if my slurry is 160ppm which is in my soil then yea

I got an email back from Scott Ostrander and he’s mighty confident that it’s deficiency he didn’t say that but recommended i get done NFTG one shot. I said hey Scott i kinda strapped for cash he says give me your address I’ll send a 1lb sample to use as a top dressing.

So unti then I’ll try some lplain water if shit hits the fan rapidly with just water then back to feeding. Haha i really wanna make this line work i like the hands on ness of it everyone here likes lifta haha which as @Shadey stated before I’ll probably be on no till with time haha

2 Likes

No new development just looks content probably ready for a water tomorrow. Just some good ole plain water at 6.1 pH. I feel like you guys think I’m just dissmissing whatever you’re saying which I’m not i promise. They say this isn’t your average line of nutrients.

I’m kinda looking for numerous answers and weighing what makes the most sense.

While the humidity thing seems like yeah that can be it i don’t think so it’s been mighty humid lately with rain every night my tent is around 40%

So then i thought about the potassium deficiency

And while i have burnt tips the green isn’t fading BUT i may be boarder line nitro tox i saw some leaf tips straight up bent 90 degrees lol.

Is everything just out of balance? Or is this strain just potassium hungry

BUT MY SLURRY TEST IS 160ppm suggesting she’s hungry. Here’s the logic behind that because these nutes are predigested they’re readily available to the plant meaning as soon as you put them in the soil this plant is soaking them up. For example my last feed was at 800ppm and me doing a slurry test at 160ppm meaning my plant ate 640ppm of food. So that being said a slurry test is important to this line giving you a general idea of what’s going on in the soil.

But my plan is to just give plain water till i get this free sample of One shot and flowering will be pushed back

1 Like

That’s good, I do the same, just to test answers and make sure it’s the right thing to do. The only way to know for sure is your own experience, from doing it.

It’s your grow and you know what’s going on minutely, we just see a big picture, and go from our experience, so we can only generalise, your grow is as individual as you are with temps, humidity, food types and quantity, no one else’s is the same.

Weigh up the info, follow or change slightly if you feel that’s the way you want to go.

We will just say, told you so, LMAO. No just joking man.

You got to do it your way, it’s all part of your learning experience. The people that learn the most make the most mistakes, sometimes it’s good as well as bad.

What I would suggest is learning plant biology, how the plants utilize n p and k and all the minerals, once I got this knowledge under my belt, everything made more sense, than just doing something, because that’s what you read somewhere, you do.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl: no do it lol I’ll be the first to admit i was wrong it’s how you learn.

But definitely wanna learn plant biology i thought i can learn as i go but by doing that I’m just asking you guys for answers and like you say
Its my grow i gotta do what i gotta do

3 Likes

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh… So uhhhh found out my pH meter was off…took a slurry and my pH is at 7.0…i think i found the problem @Shadey

I may have potassium tox for potassium is most available at 7.0 or it’s affecting the uptake of other nutes giving me the imbalance

3 Likes

Yeh that would be causing lock outs, I dont think you can have too much potassium, it gets used up quickly, the plant uses it to regulate warter uptake and distribution in the plant. The same as humans do. It will throw out your ph causing problems though.

You should invest in a good ph pen, I bought 3 cheap $25 dollar ones over a year, as they either died or kept losing calibration. I have an Apera instruments ph pen now, costs around100$ but I have had it over 2 years now and hasnt lost its calibration, I check every six months, the last time it was just 0.02 out, not worth re calibrating for. If the head goes out of whack you can get a replacement for $40 they are guaranteed for 2 years I think. Worth the money for me.

5 Likes

Yeah you’re right @Shadey I’ll have to get a blue lab pH pen or what you said lol I’ll have to compare. I had a cheap one that lasted me 2 grows before i broke it smh i shattered the bulb.

But i ended up feeding double strength :x
1100ppm
6.1 ph
1 full gallon of water

got run off tested 1300! 5.9 which the numbers are off i know because i forgot to clean the tray off to catch run off and it had dried nutes in it smh

So i can assume my ph is higher than that i think lol and my
PPMS are probably 1200 around ish. SO my slurry tested at 100ppm and my run off was around the same minus the 1100ppm i put in and i think lock out was purely from pH

2 Likes

I use an Essentials PH pen it cost £35 I’ve never had any problems fully waterproof battery lasts aaaages and holds calibration. Nothing wrong with either of your suggestions just throwing a mid level brand in the mix :yum:

How’s your plant doing now Jay? Respond well to your LST?

3 Likes

@Explorer hell yeah she was turned up by the end of the day I’ll snap a pic once i get movin gotta that edibles grog goin :rofl::rofl:

Whenever i search ph pens i get super cheap ones or 100 dollar ones lol i got enough buffer powders to last me till the end of this grow.

Let’s see how many pH pens i broke :rofl::rofl:

1 Using gallons i missed the opening and the bulb broke on the side of the opening.
2 i dropped it in the gallon of water
3 dropped in water
4 didn’t work returned
5 loses calibration (current)

Lol yeah i should invest in a good pen

3 Likes