Jaybeezy’s garden

You’d be surprised I’ve met people who don’t cook. But i mean you cook for fun? Like you enjoy it some people hate it but do it because they have to eat lol

I am quite stubborn huh :rofl: I’m not completely dismissing no till. But with me and how i am i get discouraged really easily so if I’m constantly switching up My grow I’ll be like why are my buds shit compared to so and so or this and that and give up lol

And this is my solution to my passed grows tasting like shit like i gave my last harvest to my sister for free cuz i woulda felt bad selling it it was about an half ounce

1 Like

I expect it will be a good system once you get it dialled in with a couple more grows.

When you use anything for the first time, it’s a learning process, and full of uncertainty, once you know how it works and what to expect, it will be less worrying for you.

4 Likes

Ya got that right and dealing with microbes lol before this i was like what’s a microbe.

So I’ve actually learned a lot just trying to cram as much as i could before actually using it.

I like the results so far. And i introduced bloom khaos to the mix to hopefully use up the nitrogen more it has gotten darker so i just hope it lightens up before flushing so i won’t have to flush as hard. And maybe i won’t get as big a yield as i could have with the nitrogen excess but that’s ok lol i just want tasty buds

2 Likes

Coming up to hopefully the halfway mark if it’s an 8 week I’m ready to go more tho

5 Likes

yes sir they are starting to stack up now :slight_smile: going to get some nice colas by the look of them.

2 Likes

Yeh boi they’re gettin there man :ok_hand:t2: Look good then for 4 week.

2 Likes

Eeeeeeee :smiley: thanks guys. I feel like this will be a bigger yield since it’s week 3 day 5 and they’re already gettin thicccccc Haha

Compared to other grows my buds stayed about the same till the last two weeks then swelled up it could be genetics…could be that my plants were stunned while flowering idk but i do know is that this plant is my best so far growth wise. We’ll find out about final product within time. I’m expecting to harvest the first week of October maybe second depends what she tells me.

So with harvest coming up how do you guys dry? I’m in an extremely dry climate known as the high desert in Colorado
First dry it dried out in 2 days smokable taste like grass clippings nearly puked.

2nd dry same type deal drying took a day or two longer

3 was easier since i pulled off about a quarter :rofl::rofl:
Didn’t really taste like anything smokeable

Last grow i used my tent and humidifier and the environment stayed 50% RH at 60 degrees i tried two humidifiers two hours later i checked and my tent was covered in droplets buds were dripping. I took out both humidifiers let them dry for about 2 days then put a humidifier back in and 9 days later they were smokeable and horrible taste.

So i was just curious how you guys dry and I’ll be searching for drying in a dry climate

3 Likes

Man that’s brutal, 2 days to dry, consistent RH and temp is the key, if they dry that fast, I think I would dry at around 60f if you can for a day, then do your trim and jar, and just give them an hour a day with the lid off the jar. Only fill the jars half full. It’s a judgment thing that comes with practice. Once they reach a point where they are no longer sweating, or feeling damp on the outside, I leave them in the jars and maybe just give them a burp once a week, just on case. Once I think they are good the lid stays on until I want to use them and they just get better the longer I leave them.

They need to retain some moisture in the bud to help them break down the chlorophyll, which causes the bad taste and burnt throat.

It usually takes about 4-6 weeks for mine to loose the green in the sugar leaves.

Maybe get some humidity packs to put in the jars, there is a thread on OG about using them, I have some, but not really needed them, as I tend to keep mine slightly on the moist side and just air them for 24-48 hours when I open a jar to use for the first time.

5 Likes

I thought about humidity packs but mine always get to the point where it’s too dry and curing stops giving me grassy tasting buds. I just gotta play with it and getting ideas from everyone else is a big help and opens my eyes to other methods

In my last journal someone said i should try closing my tent off completely no exhaust fan just circulating fans and a de humidifier on the lowest setting and let it go. My worries are mold of course.

But here she is at The start of week 4 i got my SLF 100 so that gum in the Herculean harvest will no longer be caked on the soil and! Getting microbes in there without having to use my EZ TEA bloom giving more nitrogen because i do not need more nitrogen haha

7 Likes

Out of damn likes again, they are looking super frosty Jay, that’s going to be some good gear.

What is the humidity like where you are? If you’re in a desert, I don’t think you will have to worry about mould.

1 Like

That’s a thing? Lol I’m not in here as much as i should be.

Hell yes thanks!

I live in the Colorado Springs area 6,500 ft altitude? Something around there were considered the high desert idk haha I’ve heard it thrown around. RH is pretty low i cant give an exact number but it seems to hover in the 20s and lower my tent stays in the 30s most of the time with no humidifier this morning it’s 41% and it’s been unusually wet this year so it’s been higher but 20s and 30s this year last run i got down to 10% in my tent lol

So it’s super dry compared to other places

I’m super excited about this harvest i checked a slurry yesterday and the results were perfect 6.4 pH 314 PPM while i thibk most plants would be ok at this range @cannabissequoia says she’s a light feeder so i feel like that’s why she’s super dark with not that much nitrogen but what can i do haha other than do a flush but honestly i feel like i don’t wanna do a flush and then have to reintroduce everything else I’ve flushed out besides nitrogen.

Oh other than adding SLF 100 I’ve been slowly introducing bloom khaos (calcium facilitator) to my feeds and gave her full strength yesterday. So I’m really pushing this plant to it’s full potential the bloom khaos should make her eat more at a time hopefully using up the nitrogen more because everything is delivered thru calcium with this line.

So adding the SLF will free up the calcium that adhered to the soil and the bloom khaos will make it say HEY MORE CALCIUM NOM NOM NOM :yum: that’s what happens in my head when i watched videos explaining it.

1 Like

That is low humidity, If you have air moving around them I can’t see you getting mold problems.

From what I have read, 60-65% humidity at a temperature of 55-60f is the ideal for drying. Maintaining 60% humidity in the jars for the cure.

2 Likes

That plant is starting to look dank bro :ok_hand:t2: On the mold subject if your RH is around 50% you’re all good it’s once you get into the 70s constant that you wanna worry and with the training you did to her the buds are spread out so there no “dead zones” as such for the buds to get wet and mold up. Like mold 9 times out of 10 IMHO is because of airflow and buds rammed next to one another so the stagnant shit forms into mold. Without getting sciency :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

:sunglasses: good deal. :smile:

I have the same challenge drying & so I’d cut the plant at the base, do NOT trim, hang in closet for 2 weeks with gentle air circulation fan, opening closet 1x a day. (Presume it’s not air-tight). Pick the coolest most stable closet if possible.

If stems are not quite snapping but nearing there, start removing any garbage fan leaves & cut into pieces that will fit in jars(or whatever the curing container is). Burp 1x day then every other day or so for 2-4wks.
The goal (as i understand it from K Jodrey) is to have it just barely moister than joint-ready & it will last… vs. a jar of ready-to-smoke bud will dry out or at least degrade faster.

Humidity packs for jars are for after curing, IMO. ( or trying to hydrate a bag of super dry dispensary weed).

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Touché @Shadey it’s definitely a me being over cautious thing that i think is holding me back

@Explorer that makes sense i may have a little too much airflow blowin cuz around the popcorn nugs i have what looks to be windburns but I’m not too worried cuz last run i took all my trimming and popcorns and made butter to make edibles

@cannabissequoia sadly i don’t have a closet i would feel comfortable using haha i have under the stairs but i fear it’ll pick up the taste and smell of under the stairs. And my personal closet i can’t have my clothes smelling like weed more than they already do

I’m going to use my tent because i have a good idea of how to control it more it’s just me worried about mold in drying more so than budrot during growing because i do have my colas spread out

Without lights my tent tends to be in the 60s. So temp isn’t a problem humidity is what gets me. If i have my exhaust fan on low it’s a struggle to keep humidity up if i don’t have it on at all I’m worried for mold or it getting too humid lol i guess it really is just practice. Thanks for the advice as always

2 Likes

We got pistils oranging up getting ready for pistil explosion round two? Week 4 day 1

i know not under natural light but i don’t wanna move her unless she’s getting fed …also WHAT THE FUCK

3 Likes

I’d look at the leaf pictures of nutrient excess/deficiency or pass it on to your advisor over at Oregon’s only.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Prolly some bullshit deficiency like she’s short of iron or copper or some shit like that as @cannabissequoia said lookup the deficiencies there’s a thread here that might help you out I think @Pedro_Bann posted it for some reason I’ll have a search and edit my post if/when I find it.

3 Likes

@cannabissequoia :rofl: already did.

Yeah it could just be that i added too much bloom khaos I’m kinda leaning towards that because she’s got a good amount of reserve. But ima compare some pics here in a minute

1 Like

I have an album on my phone I call Pot Tools
… download and put in a handy folder somewhere.

One didn’t upload but I’m too tired to bother resizing it.
Keep smiling

9 Likes