Jelly's Cab Adventures

And let the growing begin :slight_smile:
It’s great being able to see peoples small improvements to their systems between runs, you get to see all the hundreds of small things it takes to perfect a grow, the things that don’t work and the things that just make life easier or stealthier.

Keep Smiling.

6 Likes

Very true! She’ll get over it now the smell is gone.

3 Likes

Now we got some bling… Gonna call it the Sticker Hall of Fame!

@ReikoX With his awesome logo.

@Mr.Sparkle with his signature Homer

@Baudelaire with the FDM Lady sticker

@LED_Seedz I was able to carefully peel the sticker off the Grass Monkey Tester Package :smiley:

16 Likes

The black makes a great background for the stickers, gonna look awesome later on as it fills up.

6 Likes

Let’s all help Jelly fill up his cabinet with stickers!

11 Likes

So I got my croutons precharged and decided that 9 pots is all I want to attempt to fit in there. I’m sure it’ll end up being an unmanageable jungle but hey, someone’s gotta do it, in the name of science and stuff…
Not to mention with my male/female ratio luck… 9 will give me a better chance at getting more than 2 females.

Iphone shot for clarity.

Grow Cam shot for testing purposes.

11 Likes

looking fantastic! whats going in first?

1 Like

Cool, I will put a fugging classy sticker on it. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

As to not hijack @Takeshy’s thread, I’ll quote your message and reply here @bisceg

I have quite a bit of Sonoff gear, and so far i’m loving it. I will be testing the reliability over the next few grows, and worse comes to worse I have “non connected” timers I can use. I always have a fail-safe just in case.

If you scroll up or click the following link -> Post 586 you can see my setup.

Jelly

1 Like

Had to change tubs. I didn’t like where my inlet was. It was splashing every time I turned the pump on and eventually that would have warped the floor. I should have known that was going to happen… Oh well, an 8 dollar fix.

Inlet is now directly in the center. Outlet is to the right of it in the center. I need to make a custom “overflow” level fitting, I don’t like the lack of customization, luckily the interior threads are standard 3/4" ones, I can make a PVC one easily.

6 Likes

Jelly
Just a sugestion but try and look up a ‘Bell siphon’ on google, if your gonna customize the over flow.
That gizmo wil make it run perfect silent with no gurgling, I’ve used them with great succes.
Basicly it’s just a pipe end fitting, with a few air holes in the top that controll the overflow speed.

Very popular for large aquarium build, tutorials are likely to be from aquarists but same same.

6 Likes

Just posting an update in here, i’m getting the quirks out of the new system, so far I like what’s happening, just had to get the new coco broke in a little bit.

This gif is over 30 days.

Automation is king!

13 Likes

You tried to tell me… haha.

I ended up adding a small 120mm 12v PC fan. Yeah, it was needed. Thanks for seeing into the future (both you and Hanz) :smiley:

5 Likes

This is on concrete right @Jellypowered? We’re lookjng at the same thing.

1 Like

Nope, 1x8 pine shelf board painted with a stone texture paint :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bumping this up since I haven’t posted in here lately.

22 Likes

Sexy. How’s the airflow on those darkroom vents?

2 Likes

Honestly, Not good, but not bad either.

I prefered my PVC elbows but the darkroom vents are pretty sleek and don’t take up floor space lol.

I had a 4-5F degree jump when I swapped my cab to flood and drain with the darkroom vents. They are rated for “400cfm” but my fan doesn’t generate much static pressure. I’m sure they’d flow with a stronger fan, but again, pretty happy with the setup overall. I could fix some of my temp issues by running less power on my light. (385w is currently 64w/sq ft lol)

6 Likes

I remember years ago when someone thought it up saying it was kind of a toss up. I’ve always been super intrigued by the idea. How’s the penetration on the SolStrips? I’ve been racking my brain the last few days trying to decide on a new lighting rig. This whole COBs vs Quantums vs SolStrips is driving me nuts.

4 Likes

I have both setups, cobs and strips and the strips win hands down. The multi point origins of light are what help this. Cobs are intense in their own right but they are a single point source of light. Quantum’s are multi point as well, but unless something has changed in the last year they seemed impossible to obtain and weren’t the best cost effective solution.

My buddy @Roux breaks down the various strip costs pros/cons iirc in his thread Here

My cob rig uses cluo48’s and it is respectable for only 200w, but I feel like 200w of solstrips would ourperform it.

Go with the strips they are hella easy to build with and scale nicely.

9 Likes