Little FAMs in big pots!

Hello OG.

2nd grow in my tent, had a big career change and wasn’t able to document the first as well as I would’ve liked. Now I have some more time to be close to my ladies, so I’ll try to be a little more thorough with my diary.

4 of @ReikoX FAM mix, one in each of my 20 gal no till pots. The soil is coming along great, and I’ve ordered worms mycorrhizae and EM to boost the microbe life.

I soaked them for 24 hrs in 1:100 full fulvic acid on Tuesday, and they went right in the pots Wednesday(I have heard autos don’t like to be messed with or transplanted). So that’s 6 hrs shy of a week since they were soaked.

I think they are looking pretty healthy!

Feedback is appreciated, can’t wait to see how these grow out.
Stonedmason

19 Likes

Looking good man, those pots would destroy my back lol I struggle with the 10 gals when wet. Have you got worms in your pots?

2 Likes

Not yet. I ordered a 360 worm composter so going to get that going as well as throw a few of my pound in each pot. https://worm-composting.ca/worm-composting/product/worm-factory-360/

Just waiting for good weather to ship so they don’t freeze their tails off. It’s pretty cold up here right now.

2 Likes

Those seedlings are so cute. Took me a minute to find them in the clover. My worm bin has been the best investment I have made in my grow.

3 Likes

That is basically my current setup. I have 4x20 gallon pots no till on cycle 4. Looking good!

3 Likes

Looks great. I love the little ecosystem you have going there… someday I want to get back to a nice soil organic grow with cover crops, mulch etc!
Last time I dealt with big pots was outdoor doing a light dep with 45 gallon smart pots… what a pain in the ass to move all that soil and pots had to be moved full as well lol…

1 Like

Day 8 from soak. Happy with the growth. Put some mycorrhizal fungi in the root zone and some effective microbes in the soil to encourage future growth before lights out last night.

I’ll try to keep up with the daily entries for my own records and for entertainment purposes.

Stonedmason

11 Likes

Day 9 from soak. They’re growing nice and steady. I’ll top dress with a cup of malted barley in each pot at some point today and water it in with aloe/fulvic acid/silica. Some of the 2nd leaf sets are pronouncing themselves.

Also a bonus shot of the whole ecosystem, the cover crop is happy

9 Likes

Will that be malted barley powder or just the whole kernel? dont go crazy with it ReikoX said it can cause burn from too much bacteria growth, I have had problems occasionally with it as well. I have dropped from a 1/4 cup in a 10 gal pot, to 2x tbs of powder. They are doing well, and look like they are at max N levels atm, so I would be a little cautious, and not to over do anything, especially if they are autos. In 20 gal pots, I would say they dont need anything atm or for the rest of this run as its new soil. Maybe some molasses after the stretch and just add a bit Epsom/magnesium to your water for now to keep that and sulphur levels up.

6 Likes

Interesting, I would like to hear more opinions on this. I’ll hold off for the time being. I’ve been applying malted barley(freshly ground) every week or so in my small time growing and have only seen positive responses. I was under the impression there was little to no N in barley and the enzymes just help to make nutrients more available.

All that being said, when in doubt LITFA!

4 Likes

Yeah that’s correct, its making it more available that will cause the problems. They will suck it up as fast as its ready. I do mine every 3-4 weeks roughly when in veg and flower, never given it to seedlings or young clones, the worms love it after it forms a crust on the surface after a couple of watering’s, they will hide up underneath it. It depends how much you give them really, a teaspoon a week in a 20 gal pot probably will not cause too much of a problem at this stage.

4 Likes

Yes, I have burned plants with too much malted barley powder. They were very young autos like yours. I would wait utill these have a couple nodes before adding it. Autos tend to feed on the lighter side.

5 Likes

Got it. Barley is on hold. I can’t wait to get my worm farm set up and get a few in the pots. Doesn’t look like the weather is warming up enough to ship them any time soon though. I could go get everything but it’s an 8 hour round trip I’m just not willing to take.

1 Like

They look great love watching seedling grow it fascinates me how fast a healthy seedling changes by the day. would like to try the living soil idea in future grows myself will be following along for any tips the clovers are awesome happy growing :seedling::shamrock:

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping in Budafly. I’m getting a kick out of the day to day growth as well comparing each days pictures

3 Likes

Day 10 from soak. Gave them a little top mist of a litre each of aloe/fulvic/silica this morning, had a deep water yesterday. 2nd leaf sets growing away. However, one little girl only has 3 leaves! Oh well, she looks healthy otherwise

Also a shot of one of the cover crop sprouts spearing through another’s leaf, kinda cool…

9 Likes

These girls are getting the spa treatment. :bathtub:

3 Likes

Ya they’re living the dream there. Those FAMs get big, they should get HUGE in those big pots!

4 Likes

Only the best for the girls. They are praying pretty good right now

4 Likes

Day 11. Strong growth continuing, not much to report on

Tent shot

7 Likes