Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 2)

ok thnx cuz I’ll go check that out
@Pigeonman Post a link please so I don’t have to hunt?! thnx lol

1 Like

I hope everyone has a good day I believe this new year will be better than the last. Good talking with everybody

4 Likes

@CADMAN is doing some BRILLIANT work making small “Octopots” out of Dollar Store items!
I tagged his fabuous self so he can provide a link here to his thread on the subject :smiley:

4 Likes

Seems like that netcup would be the hardest to DIY

2 Likes

lol Hey, y’all know me! I’m always ‘learning&improving’ things and this looks promising, soooo…

I’ve seen quite a few folks on here using them, with good yields

3 Likes

In theory if you used a plastic cup + soldering iron you could melt them into net cups put prob not worth the time vs $$$ spent on amazon.

Here’s a link to the thread where i’ll post the progress of the first run of my nonsensical ΩPot.

2 Likes

That was my thoughts as well in this pursuit. That and @Slick1 's baseball bats grown in air-pots… so the combo just seemed like the most logical thing to try out as the next growing experiment!

2 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed post 215

2 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed

Can do the same thing with two 5gal buckets 🪣

7 Likes

I’m looking at this, and thinking how much less work would be involved lol But really, it does look like a nice setup to try out

2 Likes

Well, I’m up and moving. That’s a win.
Good morning Johnny and all! :slight_smile: I hope all of you are warm, high and able to stay that way. :v:

5 Likes

warming up today lol gonna be back into the 40s

After a couple days of constant below freezing lol

4 Likes

It’s a tropical heat wave!!! lol

1 Like

THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOOT @CADMAN !

1 Like

So @CADMAN it looks like you got everything DIY and have you tried it out yet?

1 Like

I’m imagining building a suspended floor about a foot in a half up put pool liner over existing floor …plywood over built floor drill holes in your plywood decking the size you want for pots …then you get into running all your pipe wiring etc …it’s just something off the top of the tounge with many improvements and tweaks we onto something stoned

unnamed-1

I’ve tried the 5gal buckets before and they are wonderful. Mine currently is mini version :wink:
You can either fill the soil with nutrients and just water only. Or you can add nutrients into the water. Or both. It fits alot of different styles.

7 Likes

A buddy did a variation of this with storage tubs and draining tubing with holes and fabric; he called it a “Sip Tote”

http://albopepper.com/30-gallon-tote.php

He used this stuff:

5 Likes

Yup same principle…
Just make sure you got an air gap between the water rez and bottom of the 1st bucket 🪣
For what it’s worth. Two 5 gal buckets are easier to deal with and clean if needed.

2 Likes

Well that’d make sense as you’d want to reuse the buckets after a full grow/harvest.

Using buckets, I mean lol

Also, I already have some 2" mesh cups i used in a DIY cloner

But they might be too small, i might get some 3"
lol thats because I just dont trust using the res solo cups

It just seems all the weight of the soil mix would push them through

2 Likes