Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 5)

Never really got into bow hunting, so don’t know enough to speak on it. But I’ll take your word there, cuz. It sounds right, similar to shooting

4 Likes

Yessir,I’m frequently made fun of in my club because big guns slam me.I know that’s because I’m relaxed. Lol

3 Likes

One of the first things taught in shooting is to firmly seat the gun, so you don’t get slammed. A bow hunter doesn’t have that to worry about, I can see it happens

3 Likes

Muscle memory is what makes a bowhunters shot.And a comfort being 20-50 ft from an animal actively living.

2 Likes

I never sport or trophy hunted, only for food. A cut n dried, matter of fact, process.
Never used dogs or stands/blinds. Always tracked

3 Likes

Yessir,I collect does for the freezer.If someone visits,they can take any animal they want.I really like to see guests take fish and game.

4 Likes

I can’t see dark red,so I track any wounded animals by sign and tracks.not color

1 Like

Family and friends around different parts of the country would have me often do culling to help control crop damage. I’d take out older, infirm, wounded, etc leaving the beauties to live and reproduce. I donated a lot of processed deer meat to ‘Hunters For The Hungry’

lol Also filled a lot of freezers over the years I did this

I took an old cast aluminum meat grinder, put a pulley wheel on it. Mounted to a board with an old electric motor/pulley and switch. That thing was a serious processor! lol

You know the kind, I bet lol the one that would clamp onto a table.
Get pork suet for sausage, beef suet for burger and chile

4 Likes

Dammit,59571

2 Likes

lol kung fu bear huh?
Thats gotta be a bear suit

2 Likes

Lost my pictures a while back,I had catcher a 10 point and a 5 point for my buds aunt and his uncle had passed.She brought out a grinder with a damn like bench grinder electric motor.I cleaned that sucker and worked both front ends of about 30 pounds of meat.filled her freezer.thing had a fan belt on it.

1 Like

Different breath holding. Different circumstances.

3 Likes

I reckon to each their own cuz. I don’t know the circumstances, was merely speaking on what I know from my own, and being taught. Pain management is something that’s as individual and varied as the person dealing with it.
There’s a lot of different roads to get to the same destination, right?

That destination in this case, is being as pain free as possible.

7 Likes

A man should wear his pain,like a badge of honor.Having raised a comfortable family who’s contributions will out live and out do him.(hopefully).

2 Likes

lol While I can appreciate that statement, I don’t want to wear that badge, thnx anyway. I’m happy knowing we raised 3 good men, with good moral compasses.

Their values are family oriented. Taught to think for themselves, everything I could possibly teach them, I did. They will provide,protect & survive.

4 Likes

Children taught to think for themselves will lead this world forward.

3 Likes

Ok good people of the OGniverse, it’s time to say ‘cyas in tomorrow’s fresh light’!

Good Night OG!

6 Likes

Different breath holding. Different circumstances.

1 Like

Good morning Johnny!
Good morning Circus dwellers and OG!
Hope everyone has a great Thursday! Drink water. Stay cool! :fist:t3::facepunch:t3::vulcan_salute:t3:

4 Likes

Good morning Johnny, good morning @NDNCHILD, good morning OG’s. Have a nice day.:peace_symbol:

6 Likes