Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 7)

I just think it screams “Teardrop pendant” to me.

7 Likes

Yep, perfect for that… use a little silver wire wrapping to mount it with a bail shaped & twisted off.

4 Likes

super silver haze fem. Thanks JP.

8 Likes

It’s Leaverite. Leaverite where you found her.

4 Likes

Naw, man. MoBilly found A chunk of the elusive Unobtainium.

3 Likes

You can’t get there from here, haa haa

2 Likes

Or make a sterling silver/gold cage to hold it in for a pendant

1 Like

But in the cage, could move around and it wouldn’t necessarily hang in a ‘teardrop’ position. Was why I said silver wire wrap.

3 Likes

That’s fossilized dogturdium @MoBilly .

2 Likes

When yah gonna cut my herkimer diamonds for me :rofl:

1 Like

Didn’t know you wanted any, lol But… I DO happen to have a few of em, unfaceted. Double terminated crystal from the Herkimer Diamond mine… lol They’re not real diamonds, just what the name of the mine is and also, how so many jewelers (the unscrupulous ones) got away with selling them as ‘diamonds’

lol I also do still have my old faceting machine…

2 Likes

You misread this ! I’m 20 Mins from herkimer
Alot of areas outside of herkimer have crystals as well …hydros smokeys healers pigg backs …

Never could find anyone to cut them

2 Likes

I’m not gonna claim being ‘able’ any more, but I’ve ran many a rough gem through that faceting machine. It’s here for my sons, if they ever decide to make jewelry again. Along with quite a bit of other machinery and gems, both rough, cabochon, and faceted.

The ‘Herkimer diamond’ is a novelty I happened to have a few of, I didn’t usually collect many non-precious, only the semi-precious and precious stones, in rough form or cabbed/faceted.

1 Like

more Turquoise than any other

14 Likes

I’m sure you done your fair share! Hopefully they will put some use to the machinery .
I’m gonna have to watch some faceting videos just to check it out

When I was 17 I hung out with this one ground hog he would always be digging for then …leafsprings and sledgehammers…
He deff found alot of nice pockets full of jimmys…

I’d love search for more precious gem stones
Heck even try to pan a couple flakes of gold lol
Just to say I did

Ohh yeah I remember that collection! I picked up a few of them

1 Like

The faceting machine is very old, antique actually… it belonged to my grampa and then pops, then me

2 Likes

I worked the rocks, more than hunted em, lol actually never was much of a ‘rockhound’

1 Like

That Atlatl spear point is the only thing NOT a ‘gem’ lol But it’s extremely old, supposedly over 8000yrs old.

Some knapped points have been found here in the USA dating back 10,000 yrs old.
But that was such an excellent specimen I had to keep it. NFS

5 Likes

Nice Johnny, I was always a Rockhound and made jewelry many years ago. Never bought a Faceting machine primarily just made cabochons and collected stone. Anymore I primary only have my Australian opal (Lightning Ridge black opal, Coober Pedy white opal and Yowah nut opal. I do have some Honduran and Mexican Opal.

1 Like

In the 70s I went to Australia several times, specifically to go to the Coober Pedy Opal mines (over 70 or so around that area)

The only Mexican Opal I have/like is their Fire opals