Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 7)

Disregard my previous advice about scraping. The more i search google the more I’m sure they’re just root knobs trying to sprout.

@MoBilly there are pics of the same looking stuff, and all I see says root knobs, or where roots would be trying to grow

1 Like

I’ve got a temp monitor that records the max and minimal temp in there. Never above 80 or less than 70. They’re all in SIP’S so they only uptake what water they want.
:thinking:
I’m at a loss for what else to do with them. I’m going to do as Johnny’s suggested and add some dirt to cover the white spots as much as I can.

2 Likes

White Rhino is a heavy rooter, that I know. lol
Also, you know that old saying…‘more root, more fruit’

2 Likes

The LITFA approach sounds like a great direction :grin:

2 Likes

BUT I WANT MY GIRLS TO LOOK PRETTY!!!
:sob:

1 Like

The plant itself does look pretty good. I’d take some of the larger fan leaves off so the light gets to the lower areas better, but overall it’s a nice looking little gal.

2 Likes

Brother, had you seen them last week! They were friggin beautiful! All stretched out praying to the lights, Growing like crazy. I have topped them at least four times or they would be twice the size they are right now.
It’s a little disheartening is all. I know they aren’t gone too far and will come back when I get this nailed down.

2 Likes

I’m sure they get their pretty back on for you!

1 Like

I have a sour strawberry in the tent that started sprouting roots at the bottom……s I split a red solo cup put it around the bottom and filled it with dirt….seems to have done the trick cornering the root sprouts

4 Likes

Now that’s using the old noodle for something other than holding a hat!

3 Likes

Good solution, lol not as much work as a re-pot! Possibly use a small pot (because of the size/area) in a similar fashion to @olschool suggestion, instead of a solo cup
Cut the bottom of pot out, split it down the side to be able to wrap around the bottom stems, tape it closed & fill it with dirt. The roots will grow down into the main pot.

2 Likes

I still have the top rings that I cut off of the buckets used inside the SIP’s. That will work bro!

1 Like

see my edit above you

1 Like

Hell anything round with a lil height and right diameter would work also ….just cut to fit

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I’ll post some pics when I get this done and again in a few days.
:+1:t4:

3 Likes

@MoBilly Here’s a prime example of what I was saying earlier about White Rhino being a ‘hard rooter’ lol These all were cut the same time (actually, WR was the last ones cut) While the 2 rows on either side of her are barely starting to root, the 5 down the middle are WR. i took this pic this morning.

3 Likes

Yeah. I was amazed at how fast they took root as well. It’s gotta be user error on my part. I just posted some better pictures on my thread.

1 Like

She probably just didn’t like having her bottom bare and trying to get something ‘dressed’!

1 Like

I did a little search @MoBilly and everyone seems to say it’s where roots would have formed and it’s nothing to worry about. It’s on the internet so it has to be true.:+1:t2:

3 Likes

If you read it three times it must be true. lol
MoBilly is a genius.
MoBilly is a genius.
MoBilly is a genius.

… Nope. Doesn’t work. lol

Thank you bro. :slight_smile:

4 Likes