Jones Organic Indoor Journal

Day 54

16 Likes

I dont have a super steady hand and I just woke up but I ordered a clip on magnifier for the phone should be here by the weekend

4 Likes

Your hands are pretty steady by the looks of it. That magnifier should help, they look pretty good from the pics, once they lose their sparkle you know they are getting milky in colour, from the pics I would say you’re right, depending on how you like your buzz, if its uppy take them any time in the next week or if you like couch lock effect leave them to get some amber development. Trichs on upper buds are usually more advanced than the lowers, but it kind of evens out in the cure anyway. Nice looking buds man :+1:

5 Likes

So sativa is more head high and indica is more body high but what happens if you let the sativa plant get more amber or vice versa is it just a mix of effects? I figure since its more of a sativa go for the cerebral high but idk if that matters or not

2 Likes

I think that Sativas take so long to flower most people harvest to early compared to short flowering Indicas which is why people think that the effect is strain dominant I believe. If left long enough the effects would be the same but I may be wrong.

As THC gets older it converts to CBN which is what gives the sedation couch lock effect, amber trichs have more CBN development, also trichs on buds that are harvested early create the anxiety some people experience due to immature THCA I believe.

This is why the cure process is important as THCA will convert to THC as it naturally decarbs due to temps, humidity and light then converts to CBN. So storage of your weed is important to keep it under 60F and out of the light, and around 60% humidity if you wish to preserve the THC and slow its conversion to CBN.

9 Likes

:thinking: I appreciate this knowledge

2 Likes

I believe the effect has more to do with terpenes than when it is harvested.

4 Likes

You are probably right, this is a very sophisticated plant in the way all its components affect us together as an entourage, rather than its individual parts.

7 Likes

News to me i always thought terps were just the smell and taste aspect of bud

2 Likes

Dr. Ethan Russo has done a lot of work with how terpenes can modulate the effect of the high. He calls it the entourage effect.

7 Likes

Day 55

15 Likes

Just gotta say there so beautiful, great work!

5 Likes

Thanks man fedex just dropped off the magnification thing for my phone lets see how it works!

3 Likes

Since we are talking harvest time a bit here. When do you recommend harvesting for maximum terps then? I’m very curious as I was reading about this the other day, and will need it in a few weeks.

4 Likes

Not sure how terpenes change with ripeness, but I like to harvest during the dark cycle when temperatures are low and terpenes are less volatile.

6 Likes

What percentage of amber do you harvest at?

3 Likes

My personal preference is to get as many cloudy as possible with the fewest clear or amber as possible.

8 Likes

Glad you asked I was actually wondering if anybody does the 36-48 hours of darkness before picking? Seen someone saying they did a test every 6 hours and between 36 and 48 hours was the most effective after the 48 hours the thc starts degrading was wondering if anybody can confirm? Also wonder i have to cut some of mine down before others would it work to keeping them in darkness even after they’re chopped?

3 Likes

Day 56 man its really hard leaning over holding steady ill try for some better shots

13 Likes

Looking really good in there

3 Likes