Jones Organic Indoor Journal

Awesome thread… what is the point of the cover crop? Root system and or microbes?
Would you do this again, like has it been worth converting your whole tent into an actual forest?

What kind of liner did you use under the dirt? Not afraid of roots popping through it? I really like this idea, I’m thinking 2 large containers 2 plants in each. Tons of work here it seems… What type of products did you use to feed the microbes and soil?

Thanks.

3 Likes

Thanks but to be honest I’m totally new this but the cover releases nutrients after being cut down and I know the clover is supposed to pull nitrogen out of the air left behind by lightning but not sure how that works inside. Hell yeah I would do this again I think I’ve inspired a couple locals to start trying as well! Its been super fun and by far the best results I’ve had though I do have a brown thumb lol trying to fix that. The gorilla grow tent came with a mat that has sidewalls to catch water but I think that got smashed by the almost 300 gallons of soil but no no roots that I’ve ever saw the grow container is lined with plastic around the top part to retain some moisture and the bottom is the traditional cloth fabric pot that air prunes. The only thing I gave my soil last time really was that compost tea about 35 gallons at one time and they loved it after that maybe some coconut water once oh and the root wise trio would the only things that I think really affected this I sprayed them with silica a couple times it was mostly just LITFA I do have a 5 gallon bucket of organic molasses that I fed in my compost tea but that was about it these other guys here know much more than I do I’m just here to learn like you :grin::call_me_hand:t2:

@CADMAN

4 Likes

Inspired me. I want an indoor forest…

2 Likes

What about the soil depth? Is there a limit on depth before its an issue, like could I use a 5gal pale? You don’t need water drainage at all?

I’m assuming it smells like “earthy”?
Does this style have bugs (I mean actual bugs, not microbes) I sleep litterly next to my tent. Do t wanna be sleeping and have some random bug crawl across my body lol

I’m thinking 2 buckets to fill the whole 3x3 tent… this way I can move the dirt if I ever needed too without needing a shovel.

1 Like

@mr_jones15 ya got a link to where I can find a fabric pot that you lined the bottom of the tent with… I have the reflection liner that comes with the tent of course still. Did you use additional clear plastic up the sides of your tent?

1 Like

I did take a look at all the links at the start of this thread, I also emailed the fabric pot company about raised bed dimensions. :wink:

1 Like

The depth is 18" from what tad says they like to stretch outwards more than downwards I think 18" was where they stopped growing downwards and started growing more outward and that’s why I did that I try to piece together things that I’ve read my brain can’t remember shit to much smoke so I try to remember small bits of information lol yeah it smells real earthy I love it as for bugs I’ve added worms but I’ve seen a beetle making its way up the side once and just the other day a wasp kept messing with one of them (maybe he was eating it I think they eat plants?) but for some reason when I went over the previous day there was a bunch of moths in the tent over half dozen now they all disappeared again once I started showing up again I had left them alone since there was a lot of people on the property and by night I was to stoned and tired to give a damn. No additional plastic on the tent just bare bone gorilla grow tent

3 Likes

Does anybody fog or mist there plants?

2 Likes

they fog me I do not fog them :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Haha what? Never mind right over my head haha

2 Likes

I’ve been misting my seedlings a few times a day until I got the humidity ip to the 40’s. It was worse before that. I still need more, but they look better than they did.

1 Like

This birthday cake is just absolutely miserable it’s grew like shit the whole time it’s real scraggly now it looks like signs of underwatering though I’ve been in here every couple days giving them a small drink I’m wondering if they need some fresh air? They’ve been up in this room for couple weeks now with door shut and small space heater. Maybe add a fan? I haven’t put any wind on them the entire time either

4 Likes

These others are ok besides the mangled looking Tomahawk haha its been turned around every watering because it kept leaning towards the window they all were but I’ve moved them to a slightly brighter spot in the room and seems to have slowed them down with the leans but idk what the hell happened in the process but that one Tomahawk looks like shit

7 Likes

I believe a fan wouldn’t hurt. Some plants are super picky man. Watch the temps as well.

5 Likes

The temps are on the cooler side up there uppers 60s? Gotta be about 70

@Badger

2 Likes

Mine have been mostly in the upper 60s due to humidity, in my flower tent. Sometimes you just gotta do the best you can.

2 Likes

looks like cold soil :frowning:

what your soil temp like? cold to the touch?

if yes too cold for your roots

your leaves on that plant are clawed

all the best

Dequilo

4 Likes

Quite possibly I’ve had to put a space heater every where it’s been so far because it would’ve been to cold on it’s own

1 Like

Anyone?

4 Likes

Tappy and Grease Monkey had a go playing with trunk splitting I think. I don’t remember seeing a report of how it went though.

1 Like