Jordan of the Islands

Haven’t tried them yet, sitting on some Sensi Star and an Afghani freebie. The JOTI reports are certainly great around these parts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Check in with @Mongobongo

1 Like

I’ve tried Sensi Star one time back early 2000’s if it’s anything close to it I’ll be happy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’ve yet to grow out any of the clones I got in the past couple months, my bloom tent still has another couple weeks to go

2 Likes

I’m sure it ain’t gonna turnout like that and if Mongo even hinted about it being close he would’ve said something.

Im in the same boat got a pack coming also.

Yeah, I grew Sensi Star back around 2000 also. Talk about stank!! That was the skunkiest rankest stuff I’ve ever grown. I had to let it go because I couldn’t contain the odor. I knew nothing about carbon filters back then. I’ve heard it’s completely different now, so I haven’t bought it again.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Think he is counting beans.

1 Like

Even stuff that is crossed using his gentics are good. His customer service sucks but his genetics are top notch.

2 Likes

Hopefully he’s not substituting for what he may or may not have, aye?
2 big back to back orders and busy time of the year yet.

Be interesting

5 Likes

Naah I think hes good for it.

1 Like

Dropped 10 Blackberry Breath from the first GB 36 hours ago and no action yet

4 Likes

What method are you using?

7 Likes

Is it warm ? Maybe add more moisture and get it into a warmer spot.

6 Likes

Paper towel is pretty soaked…

And you can see the condensation in the container…yes they are getting heatz

Been using this method with success for 20yrs…

They look like they’re swelling so we’ll check tomorrow

4 Likes

Weird man. Not even a tail. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

I paper towel too but I don’t keep it that soaked anymore. I can see it being a possible issue due to lack of oxygen or some other nasty guests. I’d recommend next time trying to pretty much squeeze most of the moisture out of the paper towel. Even if you use all your force there still will be enough moisture to germ the seeds. IME heat+too much moisture isn’t necessarily a good thing. I’ve ruined more seeds using a heat mat than not (likely damping off or some kind of fungus).

and an excerpt from “Just add water? Weird ways plants germinate - Curious
Oxygen

Seeds need oxygen so that they can produce energy for germination and growth.

The embryo gets energy by breaking down its food stores. Like all organisms, this is done through a process known as aerobic respiration —a series of reactions where energy is released from glucose, using oxygen. During aerobic respiration:

glucose and oxygen are used up
carbon dioxide and water are produced as waste, and energy is released.
5 Likes

I never had a chance to grow sensi star, I bought one bag of it. It was an awesome one time score at the time, 1/8 each of 5 strains that had names. I still remember that one bag lol.

2 Likes

The heat sitting on top of the back of the fridge is plenty.
I soak my paper towels and pour off the excess and I also put them between two salad plates like you stack them in your cabinets then into a gallon zip lock so smothering or lack of air has no bearing whatsoever.
And I use papertowels what they say about using papertowels being contaminated is all bullshit.
Been doing it this way for over forty years without a hitch in the giddyup.

8 Likes

Definitely not your method holding them back. I usually use moist paper towels too (all white - no dyes), and I used to put them in plastic containers exactly like you do. But now I put the moist paper towels in a ziplock bag, and place that in a Priority Express Mail envelope (about 9x12), and I hang that up in a warm place. The envelope keeps the beans in the dark, and hanging it up ensures the taproot heads straight down, which makes them easier to transplant.

5 Likes