Josh’s first indoor grow in 30 years

Hi Og Fam!
Today is the first day of flowering. Started the second table today and gave the plants a lil more elbow room. Switched to hps lamps and did a res change. Also took clones from all plants.

8 Likes

Hey OG!
I’ve been terrible at updating…again. All plants have been sexed. One Space Monkey haired in four days and all three strains showed by day eight. The runt ended up being a male…I was really pulling for that one. All the males went to a friend who was making fresh medicine for another friend with cancer. I’m really liking how legalization drops down barriers and makes it easier to help others. I was always so paranoid before the big L.
Sooo…2 ssdd, 4 space monkeys, and 5 RKU. I was hoping for few more ssdd phenols but really feeling blessed. I’m going to grab another pack if available. Oh yeah last night I saw mrs B was doing a fundraiser on Etsy (plant more seeds) to help their sick puppy and I’ve been eying the natural selection hoodie…anyway, came with a free pack seeds and a secret freebie. It’s so damn easy to catch me…I feel like Dory swimming along and oooo look over there😀. I see how folks can wind up with huge seed collections. Stream of consciousness or what? 100% of the clones rooted and trying to find a spot to keep them happy…I have a tiny house. Six, two of each strain, are going to veg in hydro and thinking dirt for the rest. I want them outside ASAP. I usually start my outside stuff from seed opening day trout season which is last weekend in April but I’ll try and shuffle them in and out for a while.
RkU and one monkey-super cropped them all last night so looking Lil pissed.
RKUs and one Monkey

Monkeys ssdd and one RKU

Clones saved three males

Thanks for watching spread smiles today

7 Likes

Hey y’all. I’m not even going to mention how shitty I am at updating. It’s really close to four weeks in. They’re doing well with the stretch mostly over. The rku seems to be going the fastest. Oder is beginning to ramp up also.

7 Likes

No worries! Plants are looking real good. I also have a couple ssdd going for the outdoor grow this year

4 Likes

They exploded! Looking really nice there.

3 Likes

I’m going to try all three outside in the lions cage. I’ve heard some bad things about the space monkey and mold issues but hoping I can make it work. I’ve always tended to focus outdoors on strains that finished in September. I’m north of gr a half hour or so I’ll be paying close attention to your success!

3 Likes

Thanks beacher! They don’t seem to change much when I watch em all the time.

3 Likes

Oh hell yeah! Super rad. Yeah my dad has a little bit of property with an amazing patch of soil. Chicken poo horse poo rabit poo and that good stuff in this patch. Im heading there after work to tend the plants. Ill grab some photos today.

4 Likes

Niiiice! I put my fence right where I used to feed the cows. I screwed up and didn’t use raised beds or pots. That 14” of rain last fall flooded them last year. I watched them slowly die from root rot. I’m pulling out all the soil out of the fence and tile it. Thinking then a 8-12” of sand and put the soil back. Sounds like a ton of work but fence took me weeks to put up lol. Btw your inside grow is looking great!

1 Like

Hey OG Fam!
5.5 weeks into flower. Fresh Rez change…perhaps the last with ferts for this run. My mentor is a proponent of flushing and I’ve agreed to use his system this run. He hasn’t seen them in a month or so…looking forward to showing them off soon. They seem to be done with the power stretch and starting to pack on the flowers. The RKU freebie is kicking ass. It’s finishing faster than the Space monkey and SSDD. The former really starting to look greasy and seems to also have some faster. I’ve heard people refer to the SM as loud. Hard for me to tell what smells what because they’re packed in pretty tight. The Ssdd is no slouch either…all three strains are starting to get frosty. :grinning:
Pic 1 and 2 Cola and side bud on SSDD

RKU
SM

11 Likes

Nice looking grow. Just found your thread. Good to see others getting back into the grow. On my first one in over 20 years. Gotta like the Bodhi Gear. I will be popping some in the near future. Looking forward to seeing the final results on this.

2 Likes

Sooo…nine days on this res. The plan is to run it a few more days and begin a flush. As it’s got warmer outside, I’ve turned the heat off to the house…old pellet stove, and the humidity level spiked. Plugged in a de humidifier and the humidity has dropped to a pretty constant 45%. The girls are starting to get some good smells going. One thing I forgot to mention last update was I got two bananners on one of the space monkeys. It was closest to the door that at first leaked a bit of light before I addressed it with a reflective plastic tarp. Been keeping an eye on her for last three weeks but no more have shown. Kinda a jungle on the tables…I didn’t want to lose any potential keeper pheno so I knew going in it was going to be tight.

SSDD…my favorite smells ATM😀. The two females I got are structurally different. One grows fast in veg but has a less chunky bud compared to her sister. Similar but different aromas. The fast vegger is also a bit light sensitive. I tried the end bud snip @MomOnTheRun mentioned several weeks ago on her…it does seem to be bulking.

Space Monkey…I’ve noticed a bit of nute sensitivity on these in early veg. Weird lanky growth in veg had me thinking not my cup of tea to grow but now really loving them. Hairs are turning orange as they recede. Quite a variety of smells between phenos but a common space monkey smell. Sorry not a good scent describer. I’ll get somebody over here with a nose.

Road Kill Unicorn…robust growth in veg and flower. One stretchy pheno with a bud structure reminding me of blueberries. Rest are starting to express some purple/pink colors but into the canopy more than on outside colas. No actually dead skunk smells for me but favorite smells out of the batch for a female friend. Hard to get a pic. The fastest flowering plant of the 11 was labeled RkU but might be a monkey. Very vigorous in veg and quick to build frost.
Mystery girl…
Attempting to get purple bud pic

Group shot

10 Likes

RKU showing some purple on the right SsDd on the left

SSDD bigger pheno…I’m loving the smell off her and her sister. These have a really nice late run as far as bulking up goes.

Space Monkey lots to love here in the smell department also!! Bit looser bud structure than the others.

The Tricomes are saying it’s getting close. The bigger SSDD is just cloudy but most of the monkeys and rkus are approaching ripeness with 10-20% amber. Be sending them to the afterlife soon as the next batch is busting out at the seams. Take care all!!

12 Likes

Hi Fam!! I got crazy busy at work. Smoke report…the Space Monkey is a hit. It wasn’t the best looking while growing but man it tastes great and will lay even a seasoned smoker down. It’s great smoke!!! The ssdd is also great but I’m sure I don’t have the best phenos as I only got two females. The Road kill unicorn is also good…had one great pheno but even that one doesn’t shine with the monkey around. Just a note to say thanks and I’ll try to post more pics next lights on. I’m on the second and final run for the indoor room. My daughter is taking over the room​:grin::disappointed_relieved:! Love to all. I’m slowly getting the outside grow around…fighting lots rain and very busy schedule. Thank goodness you all are better posters than me!!!

6 Likes

Hey y’all,
I’m starting the flush on this run. Been uneventful grow so far. They are 8 weeks in and really smelling great! The ssdd is really changing in the jars and while space monkey is the star the ssdd is also one I’m proud to share! Peace to all!!

Uploading… Uploading…

7 Likes

Sometimes it hurts to say goodbye :cry::smile:but looking forward to smoking them!!!

Smoke report to come. Take care all

14 Likes

Bummed the fence got busted into last night. Lost them all literally the day before harvest😀. Oh well it’s part of the game

8 Likes

That has to be the lowest a person can get to steal someone’s hard work ,what a bunch of ass holes I feel for ya .

4 Likes

I’m sorry @Jjm. That really blows. They must have been keeping a close eye on it. Looks like you had it pretty well secured too. Sick people, didn’t even leave you a bit for your sorrows. Sounds like you have a great attitude about it though. You must be one chill dude. Kind of inspiring to me that you can smile and say oh well.

3 Likes

Man, OH, man! My condolences, sir, and I hope that the cultivation gods bless you with an OUTSTANDING yield next run! It seems like you’re taking it all in stride and with the right attitude, so nothing can stop you next time! Here’s a BOATLOAD of POSITIVE VIBES from Northern California for ya! :wind_blowing_face: :thumbsup::pray::vulcan:

4 Likes