Jungle Spice #6 Community IBL Project

Well jungle spice #6 seed one popped and look at what i found 2 for the price of one this should be an interesting grow

11 Likes

Hot damn! Seems like a lot of these have been coming up double.

12 Likes

It’s time!

~20x JS #6 (male run first)
~5x CBG Durbans
~7x Apollo 11, graciously provided to me by @limota

Right now, the plan is to grow out all of the Durbans, maybe 1-2 good females from the A11, and males only from JS#6. I will kill all the JS females after sex is shown, and restart with more seeds. This is so that I can get males flowering and deep enough into their cycle that I can make an adequate selection for which to use. Then I’ll store the pollen in a dry box for a couple weeks, while I wait for the new females to be ready.

Additionally, I’ll reproduce my Durbans. And I’ll make some Durban x JS and A11 x JS crosses to share.

21 Likes

Awesome work you’re doing here! Really excited to follow along! Wish I could participate. Maybe in a couple rounds I’ll be able to join in.

3 Likes

@lefthandseeds I’m sure you posted the different colour vials as to what they are ,having trouble finding that info if you could link or repost who’s who ? Thanks Shiska

3 Likes
5 Likes

There’s the colors to pheno number. I’ll try to locate the descriptions later. For this thread, I’m focusing on #6 specifically.

@ChronicMcBudz found it. Thanks!

8 Likes

That sounds like an excellent plan :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This sounds amazing, thank you for what you’re doing here…

2 Likes

Well 8 of 20 JS already sprouted roots and went into coco. I had to change process, because my garden store apparently stopped stocking Rapid Rooters. Said screw it and just threw them straight to coco. I hate changing process, but if I can work out the same germination rates I was getting in rooters, it’ll save me some money.

5/5 CBG Durbans cracked open and went into paper towels. None of the Apollo 11s opened yet. I added a squirt of hydrogen peroxide to the shot glass to help them along.

11 Likes

I’ve been germing by directly sowing into coco since I’ve started having it around and have gone 100% on fresh, viable seeds so far.

9 Likes

That’s good to know. I’ve been wanted to ditch the rooters because they’re like $18 a bag. I can buy like 15 gallons of coco for that price!

8 Likes

Well don’t take my word for it. Give it a shot if you happen to have any extra seeds laying around :grinning:

1 Like

I’m trying it now. I couldn’t get my bag of Rapid Rooters from my garden shop, so I had no other choice!

On another note, I think I saw 2 seeds so far that had double taproots. Looks like I’m in for some twins as well.

7 Likes

I always wanted to use RR because it seemed like everybody always has the best success with them. More like $25 here. So, I never did.

I had used the little Jiffy plugs with great success but I hate the nylon sleeve they’re in… I started cutting them away… but, Iran out of those… I had crappy success and was trying stuff I normally don’t do anymore, but once I got my heat mat back I’m filling the little 6 pack seedling trays with peat with no perlite and went right back to 100%.

I also put the dome over them again and laid a 2 ft. tube LED on top and that light just makes them so green right off the start. Plus giving them extra light helped. I was moving the others all over, window sills, outside, sun, shade… blah, blah, blah… I decided they hate to be moved around and I’ve always been like that… ghetto. Keeping them stationary on a good spot with the mat, dome, and light gives about half the time for the same growth of my fiddling ways.

3 Likes

Hi @lefthandseeds. I read here that you added some hydrogen peroxide to help seeds crack? I’ve never heard of this before. Could you pass along some information? I tried soaking about 20 NL#4 seeds a few weeks back with zero success and maybe if i can find something that’ll help I’ll give the remaining a better chance.

7 Likes

Planted almost 50 seeds Sunday. 6 of them were the js#6 and i already have 3 up. None of my other varieties got three. Showing real signs of vigor :drooling_face::drooling_face: thanks again @lefthandseeds

6 Likes

First thing you should try is scraping the seeds. Get a piece of coarse sandpaper and roll it into a tube and tape it closed. Put the seeds inside and close off the ends with your fingers. Shake it for about 15-20 seconds so the seeds get some good scratches. Then I’d try soaking them and seeing if the open.

If they’re really old you could try reading about gibberellic acid. Couple bucks on eBay for some powder, mix in the water at the right amount and soak.

11 Likes

So it turns out that I’m useless without my rapid rooters. :sob:

Virtually all of my seedlings damped off in coco/perlite. It sucked… but I got some root riot plugs, and started over again. Fortunately I still have plenty of JS F2s to work with. :grin:

Things going much better this time…

I lost nearly all of my Cannabiogen Durbans. You can see 2 still on the struggle bus (left side, super narrow leaves). I’m hoping at least one of those pull through. In between those are 5 more Durbans that are a cross between a Dutch Durban (has a bit of skunk in it) and a landrace Durban. Leaves are not nearly as narrow on those as the CBG Durban.

Fortunately, I managed to do one of the CBG Durbans right, so not a total loss. Here’s that beauty:

The F2 jungle spice is bringing out a bit of a freakshow as well. I have a seedling that has 3 cotelydons, and 2 you can see in the picture that have one split cotelydon. :thinking:

23 Likes

So it looks like a 2nd Cannabiogen Durban is going to pull through. Bit off topic, but I have 2 different Durbans and I wanted to show everyone the (shocking) differences in leaf morphology.

In the center is the Cannabiogen Durban with obvious ultra-narrow leaves on the seedling. On the sides, are the other Durbans, which are Dutch Durban x Landrace Durban. The Dutch Durban has a small fraction of skunk, and the resulting leaves have an apparently hybrid look to them.

It’ll be interesting to see how different these plants are when mature… I just thought it interesting how easily one can spot a Durban that has hybridized, even a week of germination.

18 Likes