Jungle Spice #6 Community IBL Project

Wonder if you could wrap the plants in insect netting before they start flowering? Might be worth the experiment to find out.

I’ve never used it but after my monster plant last year kept me dancing 2-3 times a day to fight the caterpillars, I’d try it.

3 Likes

The hairs have receded on the jungle spice phenos I got so it won’t be long till they are finished here I’m guessing. I would think less than two weeks for mine. Looping them tonight.

3 Likes

Hi y’all!

Real similar smells but the slower starter has sprouted more white hairs. Cloudy mostly on the tric front. I’m very disappointed wasn’t able to help out with seeds. Hindsight I guess I could have started other js batches. Next year I’ll do better!

8 Likes

Man, that’s a leaf machine! It looks beautiful and healthy for sure.

1 Like

Hey @GMan thanks! My lousy pics don’t do them justice. They are both built like a brick shithouse. The bud is there just hiding.

1 Like

Update Flower Day 42

Well these haven’t exactly been getting the attention they deserve, but they’ll make it. I haven’t been able to watch the runoff and I think they’ve been getting hot in the pots. Ran some excess runoff earlier in the week to help and increased their feed times a bit. Probably about 3 more weeks to go on these ladies.

The top photo is still my favorite gal. Her structure is really what I’m after. The things I like about her is that she has medium density buds, and really well distributed weight. She’s a good height that’s easy to control, and lots of productive bud sites.

The second one is more indica structured with the large dense central cola. Smells great though, and I’m not counting her out either.

The last one is a weirdo… the top of the cola has always been stringy, but the bottom is more typical indica stucture.

There’s 4 more in the tent… one very frosty with orange hairs and super dense buds, but low yielding, and 3 more somewhere in the land between the 1st and 2nd pics. Just tons of variation in sizes, internode lengths, bud structures. Some more sativa leaning some more indica leaning. Each one is totally different.

But if the girl on top produces the JS smoke I’m looking for, growing out the F3s is going to be a treat.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14 Likes

:thumbsup: definitely not a wispy sativa beads-on-a-stick thing. :relieved:

Do they smell different from one another?

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Definitely pretty far from a wispy sativa, but on the spectrum it’s leaning more toward the sativa end than some of the others. Especially in a 50/50 hybrid like this, F2 is just a crazy generation, and really fun for pheno hunting.

To me, I think the smell is more consistent than the structural aspects. I haven’t yet taken a whiff of one and thought it was extremely different from the smells I got from the F1s. Maybe some smell a little more like pine and others a little more like lemon, but none that are really far out from each other.

6 Likes

Update Flower Day 50

Just a quick update here. One of the plants is pretty much read to be cut. There’s an exposed seed on top that is just finishing up turning brown. I think I’ll wait a few more days while it finishes up. Otherwise, we have a few ambers popping in, and mostly cloudy trichs. More pictures of her to follow when I chop.

My favorite plant probably has a few (maybe ~3) weeks left still. At this point, only a few orange hairs on it. It looks like the range I’m getting from the JS#6 F2s are going to be from approx ~53-72 days. Will know more in another week or so.

18 Likes

Wow, they look damn nice, bro!

2 Likes

Js 6 update:
Both finishing closer now the end is on sight. Very unique in general and both have similar smells.
The “earlier” pheno

And number two

Dense bud and I’m digging the smells. Think maybe grapefruit but kinda raw…like citrus rinds. I LIKE!!! They look like leaf explosion but really stacked well. If you got them I’d strongly recommend growing. Initial Smoke report in couple weeks as I’m going let them go bit longer. @Meesh mentioned might be lil lower on the power so shooting for 20% umber. Strong 10% umber atm both really close.

8 Likes

Those are awesome! I have a pheno like in your first pic as well. Bizarre 3-leaf fans sticking out.

Excited to hear your smoke report. To me, it’s not a narcotic stone at all. Lucid and uplifting, but not racy. I’ve seen a few dispensary tests that are 20-25% thc for this strain. It’s usually pretty potent IME, but of course depends on a lot of factors. Also, since these are F2, there’s probably a lot of variation in potency as well.

I have one really good looking pheno I’m growing right now that has buds that are much less tight. If the smoke is on point, I’ll likely use it as the mother of the next generation of the line. It looks like it will finish later than most of the other phenos I have. The earliest of mine, I’ll probably chop tomorrow at 54 days. The latest running pheno will probably end up around 70 days (guessing). So that’s the range for these.

7 Likes

I really like variety and look forward to having the jar full of js available. I’ll help any way I can next year on the JS moving forward. The fluffy bud pheno didn’t show up in these two. Could use it for a club😁

3 Likes

Yea, the less dense bud structure seem to be linked as recessive. Only 2 of my 7 have it, which is about the right number. The F3s I am making right now will likely have a higher prevalence of the less dense structure, but there’s still a small chance that the male I picked will result in equally low probability. Just part of the fun. :grinning:

If all goes well, I’m planning to run the F3s within the next year. My plan is to make a lot of F4 seeds and share them again with OG.

9 Likes

Had to pull mine early due to bud rot. Lost at least 1/2 of the yield. I did taste test it a few days back… I’m copying and pasting what I wrote below for y’all

So far the Jungle Spice that I jokingly renamed Jungle Rot is pleasant. Not really strong, probably cuz it was early. Mellow body buzz, slight cerebral high. Not a sleepy Indica (could also be from prematurity). Nothing that stands out one way or another with this strain, just a nice and easy high. I’m finicky with Indica, prone to paranoia and panic attacks, but this one is another keeper. Maybe cuz it’s not too strong. I could easily kick back and smoke out. The next time I go to smoke, the bowl will definitely be empty. I give this strain a :+1:

Edit: Tastes like grapefruit. Can taste it now.

9 Likes

Thanks for the report @Meesh! Too bad about the rot. There is a pheno in the #6 F2 that has looser buds, but it’s less common (25% occurrence) than the one you had. Fortunately, I have one going now that is likely going to be the mom of future generations. When I get around to doing another seed run for OG, it will probably be on selections with that kind of bud structure.

6 Likes

JS #6 F2 #10 - 54 Days Finish

This one I labelled as F2 #10 in my garden. Early finisher with nice frosty buds and great smells. Weird super long node spacing and very long stems on fan leaves. Won’t be my selection for this round, but still very much looking forward to smoking her.

19 Likes

Yeah, that’s a weird looking plant, but wow, she sure makes beautiful buds. Magazine buds. peace

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see 'em. :tada:

1 Like

Flower Day 56

These are finishing up! Probably most of them will be getting the chop this week, with a few late finishers following the week after. More to come soon…

21 Likes