Jungle Spice #6 Community IBL Project

Looks like they yield pretty nicely. Nice job!

3 Likes

Amazing as always lefty

1 Like

JS #6 F2 #11 - 58 Days Finish

Found just a smidge of bud rot on the main cola of this one today, so I decided to chop her down. She was pretty well ready anyway.

This one is the shortest of the bunch. I had her on a little booster stool the entire grow to get her up to canopy level with the rest. Really smelly and very frosty. She has a strong lemon-lime smellā€¦ stronger on the lime than most phenos Iā€™ve smelled and less ā€œHG4ā€-like. Probably not my selection, but not totally opposed to this one either. Very terpy, so if her buds stand out, sheā€™s short, early finishing and productiveā€¦ so thatā€™s all very intriguing.

20 Likes

They look beautiful there @lefthandseeds! The JS Iā€™m blessed with are covered in plastic as we got another frost coming. Iā€™ve pulled all the fans off both and will chop and wash tomorrow. They smell and look great!! Pics tomorrow of the bald ladysšŸ˜€

3 Likes

@Meesh indoor has the possibility for a special terp of its own as well itā€™s called mildewy basement :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy: just kidding

2 Likes

Hereā€™s some Left Hand Seedsā€™ Jungle Spice X Deep Chunk outdoors. I call her the paint pheno. Has a peculiar odour to it akin to paint. Rock-hard nugs, I pulled her yesterday. Has that carrot-lemon odor from the Congolse, I recognize it in the cross.

14 Likes

I got high and forgot to take pics. Well eventually I rememberedā€¦

This one is the star so far half again as big as the slower girl. Both have rock hard buds. Very lil bud rot like maybe a handful.
Trim jail beginsā€¦

15 Likes

Nugg shot. I smoked a bone of it yesterday a.m. and it was a solid high, long lasting. Buds look nice when dried up.

21 Likes

Surprisingly, I havent got much rot on the DCxJSā€™s. None on this plant pictured. And the shit is as rock-hard as can be. Guess im just fortunate with my weather.

4 Likes

I would like to participate in this project.

2 Likes

Yeah I would agree that top pheno is structured well, not only for now but would bring the possibility of this structure to any future crosses

3 Likes

:pray: Thanks for letting me know! I suspected this was the case, but Iā€™ve never grown a pure Congolese. JS has some interesting terpenes I really love. Really nice grow, looks amazing.

1 Like

Duuuuuuude. I canā€™t stop smelling my hands when I trim JS. That plant is a freakin beast. Amazing job.

7 Likes

Yes! I jokingly call my Jungle Spice, Jungle Rot.

I think my girl would have fared okay had it not been for the caterpillar attack. That opened up holes in her dense buds and the humidity just did them in. I just harvested a cbd plant with colas as thick and dense as my #6 was and she had zero bud rot. Fucken Caterpillars!

btwā€¦ @lefthandseeds Dad loves the Jungle Spice, says itā€™s been awesome for his joint pain and he loves the flavor.

@Silverhaze Plant Looks amazing!!

8 Likes

I was ready for the moth/caterpillar invasion this year. Last year was my first run in with them and it was too late when I figured out what was happening. I didnā€™t loose much but my largest plant required a lot of work isolating buds and some whole limbs.

But this year, I noticed the moths as soon as they showed up. I would check and shake my plants 3 times a day, maybe more. I never gave them a chance to settle in to make the caterpillars. I had them fly out of the plant a few times so it works.

So far, I havenā€™t seen any damage at all. @Meesh, I bet next year youā€™ll be just like me after going through what you did. Youā€™ll see them as soon as they start flying around the garden. When you see that, give your plants a shake (gently, I broke a cola off by doing the shaken baby syndrome move on it) and every time youā€™re out there peek into the plant and rustle them outā€¦ especially just before dark. peace

4 Likes

Well I canā€™t help with the caterpillar issue, but Iā€™m glad for your feedback. Iā€™m going to try to breed it toward a looser bud structure in the future generations. Dense buds can be fickle to work withā€¦ hard enough to control indoors, and way harder outdoors!

I think a lot of the 88ā€™ G13/HP crosses tend toward those kinds of buds. Luckily the F2 generation spreads that out. Now I get to pick something a little more on the sativa side. :sunglasses: mmmm sativa

Glad your dad likes it though! :+1: Soon enough Iā€™ll get to making F4s, and Iā€™ll do another seed run.

8 Likes

@GMan next year Iā€™m gonna spray BT every week from preflower. lol I read up on Cali moths, they lay eggs every month but December here. They caught me slipping this year. Luckily, I beat them back before they hit all my plants.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot about thatā€¦ I only had to deal with them two months but only one or so where they kept trying to get inside the pants to mate.

2 Likes

JS6 F2 #9 - 60 Days Finish

This one had solid yields and very dense buds. Had to chop out a little bit of bud rot on this one too. I think this one might be my 2nd place choice. Weā€™ll see how she smokes in a few weeks.

More plants coming down very soon. Stay tuned!

18 Likes

Still a few months out, but Iā€™m feeling like Jungle Spice is a very strong contender for what to run next.

Iā€™ve got four or five ā€œnew to meā€ strains Iā€™m considering, and every time I see this thread the JS gets bumped up a notch on the list, lol.

10 Likes