Jungle Spice #6 Community IBL Project

Females

Here’s some shots of the females. The first two are fairly typical variants. Not much observable difference at this stage.

The last one is distinct from all the others. As you can see, it’s pumping the 9-finger leaves. Not older than the others, in fact just a little younger than some.

16 Likes

Hi y’all! Been meaning to drop pics. These are the two left from popping the JS#6. Both were abused terribly in solo cups and only made the garden 4 weeks ago. One pheno is much farther along flowering. Smelly in s good way. Thank you bunches @lefthandseeds!!

17 Likes

Beautiful plants! Those look like they rebounded nicely. They are quite smelly gals. Very fresh. You’re gonna have a good time in another couple months. :yum:

8 Likes

I don’t remember if I mentioned that my dog ate the other three of the five JS#6. I’m really glad some are left. I’m kinda getting citrus/fruit notes but I’m not the best smeller. I will keep posting pics!!!

7 Likes

Accountant here. Math nerd. You have no idea how much I appreciate stats.

8 Likes

Looks a lot like mine. That bush is gonna form long jungle spears now. lol

2 Likes

Yeeeeeees jungle Spears baby😀!!! Your garden is kicking @Meesh. I had a big flood last year in my cage and lost some beautiful plants to root rot and with all the rain this spring I couldn’t excavate the dirt to put in drains tili middle of June.

3 Likes

Bs I have to keep mine in prison but at least I’m legal to grow.

2 Likes

:joy_cat:

this may well be the first :trophy: spreadsheet to have a column heading ‘stemrub’

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

That’s an awesome idea ! I’m trying to get into the habit of a stem rub once a day with notes ! I just heard that some smells you may get once in veg (stem rub) and nothing until the final cure !

3 Likes

Another shot of the Deep Chunk X Jungle Spice #6:

Finally starting to flower!

10 Likes

Lookin good!!
Glad things are going well for ya! good luck!

5 Likes

Gotta let us know whether it smells jungle-y or chunk-y :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Mine smells jungle-y lol Her name is Britney now, Britney Spears

6 Likes

I’ve personally never grown such an Indica dominant plant. The way the leaves grow completely encapsulating the bud is very foreign to me. She’s certainly jungle-y and spicy,

6 Likes

That sounds lovely has it got fizz I love those tingling strains?

2 Likes

That quote is from this thread the topic number got truncated somehow when I pasted. I have not grown nor tasted a Jungle Spice.

I have tasted one of the crosses
https://overgrow.com/t/jungle-spice-outcross-grow-logs-black-domina-deep-chunk/19857

3 Likes

Updates Flower Day 16

Well the tent is getting full again! Might be time to make another selection and get down to 8. Males have less than 2 weeks to survive before I collect pollen and make some decisions.

Still hoping on getting some pollen from @8k_feet 's Malawi x Panama to play with. I have some fun surprises following through the male tent that I’d like to use that pollen with. Last time, I did some outcrosses with indicas, this time I am making some limited crosses with sativas. Durban is obviously one, but also some random fems I have acquired.

Male tent will be followed up by:

• 1x Grapefruit (Female Seeds)
  • 1x Panama Haze (Ace)
  • 2x Jack Herrer (Seedsman)
  • 3x Wild Thailand (World of Seeds)
  • 1x Queen Mother x Congo (Original Delicatessen)

Many of these came from a donor who wishes to remain unnamed. Thank you! I was told that some of these may be on the old side, so we might have to play some tricks to get them to sprout.

I’ll make a limited number of outcrosses using JS, Cannabiogen Durban and (hopefully) Malawi x Panama pollen. First picks go to my donor, 20-30 I’ll reserve for myself in case I want to breed them, and the rest will be offered as testers or sent to MOTR as freebies.

12 Likes

You may like that grapefruit if you get the right pheno.

5 Likes

Right on. That’s one I was thinking I might take a cutting of in case. I think it’ll probably go really well with the JS. Maybe I’ll find some really nice high terpene selections in the outcross.

6 Likes